Top Trump ally wishes Obama would die of mad cow disease

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
http://nypost.com/2016/12/23/top-trump-ally-wishes-obama-would-die-of-mad-cow-disease/

Top Trump ally wishes Obama would die of mad cow disease
By Yaron Steinbuch
December 23, 2016 | 6:27pm

untitled-1011.jpg

Carl Paladino Getty Images

A top New York ally of Donald Trump put his foot in his mouth Friday when asked for his wishes for the new year – saying he’d like President Obama to die of mad cow disease and for Michelle Obama to live with an ape in an African cave. :p

Alternative weekly Artvoice asked developer Carl Paladino, a member of the Buffalo Board of Education, and 42 other locals for ther 2017 wish lists, The Buffalo News reported.

“Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Hereford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarrett, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a jihadi cellmate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her,” he rambled, referring to the senior adviser to the president.

When asked who he’d most like to see go in 2017, he replied: “Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.” :D

Paladino, who was rebuffed this week when he asked the school board to replace pictures of the president with the president-elect, acknowledged to The Buffalo News that he made the inflammatory comments.

“Of course I did :p,” he said Friday morning. “Tell them all to go f— themselves,” he said. “Tell that Rod Watson I made that comment just for him,” he added, referring to one of the paper’s black editors who is also a columnist.

The co-chairman of Trump’s New York campaign said he made the statements because of what he considered Obama’s ineffective response to the crisis in Aleppo.

He called Obama the worst president in US history and assailed him for “putting criminals back on the streets.”

“Yeah, I’m not politically correct,” he continued. “They asked what I want and I told them.”

Gov. Cuomo slammed Paladino for his offensive statements, caliing them “racist, ugly and reprehensible.” :rolleyes:

“Paladino has a long history of racist and incendiary comments. While most New Yorkers know Mr. Paladino is not to be taken seriously, as his erratic behavior defies any rational analysis and he has no credibility, his words are still jarring,” the governor said in a statement.

“His remarks do not reflect the sentiments or opinions of any real New Yorker and he has embarrassed the good people of the state with his latest hate-filled rage,” he added.

Many residents also lambasted him and renewed a call for him to step down from the board.

“I think it’s shocking and distressing that someone who plays such a vital role in the education of our young people in the city, in a district that has such a large minority population, that he would say something so blatantly racist in print,” Shira Klaiman, a parent :rolleyes:, told The Buffalo News.

“What I don’t want is for this to become normal,” she added. “That can happen if we don’t stand up and say ‘No, this isn’t OK.’ “

http://nypost.com/2016/12/25/billionaires-son-does-damage-control-after-dads-racist-remarks/

Billionaire’s son does damage control after dad’s racist remarks
By Yoav Gonen
December 25, 2016 | 3:50pm | Updated

The son of upstate billionaire Carl Paladino was forced over the weekend to try to distance himself — and the family’s real-estate firm — from his dad’s racist statements against President Obama and his wife Michelle.

William Paladino, the CEO of Ellicott Development Company in Buffalo, wrote on Facebook that his father’s comments were “not a reflection of the beliefs and principles” of the firm. :rolleyes:

“We do not condone the statements made about the President of the United States and his wife. They were disrespectful and absolutely unnecessary :rolleyes:,” William Paladino wrote late Saturday.

“Carl has not been involved in the day-to-day operations of Ellicott Development Company for many years now, and his comments and statements are his alone.”

The elder Paladino founded the real estate company in 1973 but is still listed as its chairman.

On Friday, his comments to an alternative weekly — wishing for Obama to die of mad-cow disease in 2017 and for Michelle to go hang out with a gorilla in Africa :p — drew condemnation from a host of elected officials, including from President-elect Donald Trump’s team.

Paladino had served as a co-chair of Trump’s New York campaign and recently met with the president-elect at Trump Tower.

A message left for William Paladino on Sunday wasn’t immediately returned.

But Carl Paladino told The Post on Sunday that his son “did the right thing” by posting to Facebook.

“There is no reason for the company and its 550 employees to suffer from my politic, especially with the hate spewed by the activists who are devoid of any understanding of our history, our government and our constitution,” Carl Paladino wrote in an e-mail. “My son is a non-political CEO of a responsible company. He did the right thing. He’s not the story. I am.”

http://nypost.com/2016/12/27/trump-ally-apologizes-for-racist-rant-against-obamas/

Trump ally apologizes for racist rant against Obamas
By Carl Campanile
December 27, 2016 | 2:08pm | Updated

A top New York ally of Donald Trump apologized :mad: Tuesday for saying he wished President Obama dies of mad cow disease and that First Lady Michelle Obama lives in a cave.

Buffalo businessman and 2010 GOP gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino ate humble pie after critics slammed his remarks in a Buffalo alternative weekly paper as racist and called for his ouster as a member of the Buffalo school board.

“I never intended to hurt the minority community who I spent years trying to help out of the cycle of poverty in our inner cities. To them, I apologize,” Paladino groveled in an open letter emailed to supporters and the media.

Paladino, who was New York co-chair of the Trump campaign, said an email survey he received from the weekly paper ArtVoice came at an “emotional moment” after hearing that Obama discuss the slaughter in Aleppo, Syria.

He said did not mean to send the “deprecating humor” to the paper, but to friends. He said he realized after the fact that he hit reply to ArtVoice instead.

“I wanted to say something as sarcastic and hurtful as possible about the people (the Obamas) so responsible for the hurt and suffering of so many others,” Paladino said in the apology.

“I was wired up, primed to be human and make a mistake. I could have not made a worse choice in the words I used to express my feelings.”

He added, “What is horrible is explaining to my 17-year-old daughter how her hero could be so stupid.”

Paladino was one of dozens of people Art Voice had queried about their New Year’s wishes.

Paladino responded that he hoped: “Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Hereford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarrett, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a jihadi cellmate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her,.”

Asked who he’d most like to see go in 2017, he replied: “Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.”

http://nypost.com/2016/12/29/school-board-demands-trump-ally-resign-over-racist-obama-comments/

School board demands Trump ally resign over racist Obama comments
By Kirstan Conley
December 29, 2016 | 4:36pm

The Buffalo school board voted Thursday to demand that Carl Paladino step down or be removed by the state Board of Education for making shocking comments about President Obama and his wife.

Paladino’s responded to a local publication’s New Year’s questionnaire by saying he would like to see Obama die of Mad Cow Disease and First Lady Michelle Obama turned loose to live with gorillas in Africa.

Paladino later apologized :mad:, saying he intended to send the offensive statements to friends, not ArtVoice, which released them.

He declined to elaborate Thursday on an apology and explanation he issued earlier in the week.

On Tuesday, Paladino explained his comments as intended for private use and not for publication.

“I wanted to say something as sarcastic and hurtful as possible about the people (the Obamas) so responsible for the hurt and suffering of so many others.

“I was wired up, primed to be human and make a mistake. I could have not made a worse choice in the words I used to express my feelings.”

Two board members urged their colleagues to make Paladino come forward, apologize personally to every student in the district and then endure proceedings to determine whether he should be ousted.

But six others voted for his ouster.

“Words matter, Mr. Paladino. This community has been rocked,” said board president Barbara Seals Nevergold.

Paladino, who served as New York co-chair of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, was on vacation and did not appear at the meeting.

Buffalo residents (niggers) who showed up shouted down his allies on the board and applauded the call for his resignation.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/17/carl-paladino-booted-from-school-board-in-wake-of-obama-diss/

Carl Paladino booted from school board in wake of Obama diss
By Associated Press
August 17, 2017 | 12:58pm

ALBANY — Carl Paladino, a former New York gubernatorial candidate, has been removed from Buffalo’s school board amid outcry following his public insult of former President Obama.

State Education Commissioner MaryEllen Elia announced her decision Thursday after presiding over a five-day hearing in Albany in June.

In removing Paladino, Elia sided with fellow school board members who lobbied for Paladino’s removal after he disclosed information about teacher contract negotiations discussed in closed-door sessions.

But Paladino says the real reason for the action is comments he made about Obama that were published in a Buffalo arts newspaper. Paladino says those comments — including his wish that the former president die of mad cow disease — weren’t meant for publication.

Paladino, who ran for governor in 2010, didn’t immediately respond to a phone call or emailed request for comment.

Back