Timberwolves' Malik Beasley pleads guilty to felony

U

Unregistered

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/timberwolves-malik-beasley-pleads-guilty-to-felony
Timberwolves' Malik Beasley pleads guilty to felony
The Timberwolves guard could serve 120 days in the Hennepin County Workhouse.

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beakley pleaded guilty on Monday to a felony count of threats of violence and could potentially serve 120 days in the Hennepin County workhouse, as well as three years of probation.

Beasley appeared remotely in a Monday afternoon hearing before Hennepin County District Court Judge Hilary Caliguri and pleaded guilty in exchange for a fifth-degree drug possession charge to be dropped.
As part of the deal, Beasley will serve either 120 days in the workhouse or on home monitoring after the next NBA season is over.
In addition, the threats of violence charge can be enhanced at a later date if he commits the same crime or another crime of violence. If that happens, the new crime could carry higher penalties due to his guilty plea in this case.
According to a press release, Beasley confirmed that on the afternoon of Sept. 26 he had extra traffic outside of his home in the 18500 block of County Road 6 after his house had been incorrectly listed in the Parade of Homes.
Beasley admitted he was getting frustrated and approached a car that was stopped at the end of his driveway and pointed a gun at the car while asking them to leave.
"I could have retreated," Beasley said via the press release. "I was not in my right mind. I'm ready to move on."
Beasley also confirmed there were multiple people in the car, but did not confirm if one of the passengers was a child. He did say that there were younger people in the front of the vehicle.
Judge Caliguri said she would defer accepting Beasley's plea until his sentencing date on Feb. 9. Meanwhile Beasley's wife, Montana Yao, was also charged with fifth-degree drug possession with her next court appearance slated for Dec. 29.
With the court hearing pending, the Timberwolves inked Beasley to a 4-year, $60 million contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back