I beez gwine fo de beetlejuice look.​

aundria-jones.jpg

shaquieta-ywantae-lewis.jpg

bilde
Nice braids eh?:rolleyes2:

Haynes,%20Franklin.jpg

Re: The NEW Black Hair Thread/ Use Your Eclipse Goggles On This One

0pwajq7n.jpg
Yeah, I know it's not hair, but I thought it needed to be seen to be believed.:barf1:​

0811793331cobbrobinsonts0.jpg

Fugly sow distracts students with its purple hairdo

Collin County School Objects To Student's Hair Color

WYLIE, Texas -- A Wylie High School student vowed to switch schools before altering a hairstyle that administrators told her to change.

15171934_240X180.jpg

Junior Lakia Watkins spent $180 and eight hours getting her new look, :lol: which she pointed out to an NBC 5 reporter in a magazine. She said she braided, twisted and curled the ends of her hair to achieve her "kinky twist."

"Me personally, I like it," she said. "It's cute."

Watkins' hair is also dyed a plum color.

According to Wylie Independent School District policy, students' hair must be a color that can be grown naturally.

"Unnatural coloring or excessive hairstyles are prohibited," the policy, which is posted online, states.

Tatanisha Watkins, Lakia's mother, said school officials told her daughter to dye her hair black or face suspension.

"Last Friday was the first I heard of her saying, 'Well, Mom, they said something about my hair,'" Tatanisha Watkins said.

She said her daughter's hair color should not be an issue.

"As long as a child's in uniform, they're nicely dressed (with) hair combed nice and neat, it shouldn't matter," Watkins said.

Lakia Watkins said her hairstyle is not distracting.

"It's not loud," she said. "It's not disturbing anybody. Why should I have to take it down?"

Her mother said the school district should rethink the policy.

"I think they need to change their rules, I really do, because you're letting a hair style and a color interfere with a child's education," Tatanisha Watkins said.

Watkins said she will keeping her hairstyle, even if it means she has to change schools.

The Wylie High School principal could not be reached for comment Tuesday night because she was out of town.

Daise,%20Henrietta.jpg

DELEON,%20JORGE%2040683.jpg

Back