Sudanese-born North Melbourne AFL feetsballer faces charges of raping a teenage girl in the scrub

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...g-a-teenage-girl/story-fnii5sms-1227157036499

Majak Daw, North Melbourne AFL footballer faces charges of raping a teenage girl
December 15, 2014 5:19PM

033961-78356936-841b-11e4-b831-c0d40ce25a2e.jpg

FOOTBALLER Majak Daw raped a teenage girl in scrub land beside a creek during a house party in 2007
, a court has heard.

The chilling details have emerged in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court during Daw’s committal hearing over three rape charges.

The 23-year old, who was just 16 at the time, has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

A witness to the alleged rape, whose name has been suppressed from publication, said she caught the Sudanese-born footballer with his pants down in a missionary position on top of her terrified friend.

The witness said she was drawn to the area along a darkened path after hearing her friend’s cries.

“I’d say it was in between crying and screaming,’’ she said. The witness said she was about four metres away when Daw spotted her.

“He had one hand on her chest, like restraining her,’’ she told the court.

“I feel her legs were being restrained as well. She was squirming.’’

The terrified witness tossed a glass bottle at Daw before he stood up and “adjusted himself’’.

“He stood up and she was just laying there crying … for a long time,’’ she said.

“She was hysterical.’’

The witness and victim — both aged 15 at the time — were best friends and had been at a mate’s party at Altona Meadows when the alleged attack took place.

The court heard the pair spent most of the evening in the garage together, but the witness became concerned when her friend disappeared.

“I was concerned because she’d normally be around me,’’ she said.

The court heard the witness knew Daw from school and that he had attended the party late with another friend.

The witness said her friend refused to ever discuss the details of what happened to her that night.

The court heard the victim became the subject of school bullying following the alleged incident and was labelled a slut by sections of Daw’s footy team at the time.

The victim's mother took her to the police four months later after she confided in a teacher, who reported the matter to authorities.

Daw’s lawyer Francesca Holmes said the victim felt betrayed by the teacher and continued on at the school alongside Daw until they graduated.

“It all died down,’’ she said.

The only think that jiggaboo deserves is the rope, nothing else. Aussies are too soft on niggaboo crime.

Back