Sesame Place Apologizes After Viral Video Appears To Show Mascot Refusing To High-Five 2 Young Black Girls

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Sesame Place Apologizes After Viral Video Appears To Show Mascot Refusing To High-Five 2 Young Black Girls​

By CBS3 StaffJuly 18, 2022 at 10:11 pm

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — Sesame Place is apologizing after a mother posted a video on social media that appears to show an employee dressed up as the character Rosita refusing to high-five her two young Black daughters. The video posted on Instagram has nearly half a million views.
The mother posted it on Saturday, saying she believes the incident was racially motivated.

“We were on our way out of Sesame Place and the kids wanted to stop to see the characters. THIS DISGUSTING person blatantly told our kids NO then proceeded to hug the little white girl next to us!” the mother wrote on Instagram. “Then when I went to complain about it, they looking at me like I’m crazy. I asked the last who the character was and I wanted to see a supervisor and she told me SHE DIDNT KNOW!!”

Sesame Place acknowledged Monday it’s aware of the incident, saying in a statement it’s “taking actions to do better.”

“We sincerely apologize to the family for their experience in our park on Saturday; we know that it’s not OK. We are taking actions to do better. We are committed to making this right,” a spokesperson said in a statement. “We will conduct training for our employees so they better understand, recognize and deliver an inclusive, equitable and entertaining experience to our guests. For over 40 years Sesame Place has worked to uphold the values of respect, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to doing a better job making children and families feel special, seen and included when they come to our parks.”

Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit behind Sesame Street and licensed partner of Sesame Place, called what happened “unacceptable” and instructed Sesame Place workers to undergo bias training.

“Sesame Workshop is aware of the recent incident at Sesame Place Philadelphia, which we take very seriously. What these children experienced is unacceptable. We have been in contact with Sesame Place, our licensed park partner, and they have assured us that they will conduct bias training and a thorough review of the ways in which they engage with families and guests,” Sesame Workshop wrote in a tweet. “As a global nonprofit education organization with a mission to help children grow smarter, stronger and kinder. Sesame Workshop has always stood for respect, inclusion and belonging and is committed to providing the highest quality engaging experiences for all children and families. We hold our partners to the same high standards. We will continue working with our long-term partner Sesame Place to ensure that appropiate actions are taken and that incidents like this do not happen in the future.”

‘Livid’ Kelly Rowland slams Sesame Place’s ‘ridiculous’ apology​

By Sierra Porter

July 19, 2022 | 2:59pm

Sesame Place accused of racism, facing backlash over viral video

Kelly Rowland slammed Sesame Place’s “ridiculous” apology after a viral video showed a performer appearing to ignore two black children.
“I’m still upset,” Rowland told “Entertainment Tonight” on Monday of the clip, which was taken at Sesame Place Philadelphia and made the rounds on social media over the weekend. “I was livid.”
The mother of two added, “Did you see that ridiculous apology that they had? When I saw this, it was an extension of what I grew up learning and loving about Sesame Street and Sesame Place, but I don’t know what place this is that I saw.
“It made two beautiful little girls feel like they were just not there.”
The Destiny’s Child alum doubled down on her social media comments she posted over the weekend, telling ET that she would’ve “burned the place down” if it were her children.
Enlarge ImageTwo young black girls get ignored by a performer in a Rosita costume at Sesame Place Philadelphia. lesliemac/Instagram
She concluded that she didn’t want to give the scandal any more attention, “but those little girls, they deserve an apology.”
Over the weekend, a video showed a performer in a Rosita costume appearing to ignore two black girls as they jumped up and down in excitement, waving at the character.
Enlarge ImageA video of the incident went viral on social media over the weekend.lesliemac/Instagram
As the two young girls were waiting for a high-five or hug, the character appears to shake its head and walks away.
The mother of the two young girls released a statement on Instagram, writing, “I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind words and support because this is a big thing to me.”
Enlarge ImageRowland was upset by the viral clip, sharing her thoughts via Instagram.kellyrowland/Instagram
She went on, “I am pissed off! Please believe I will not be quiet about this blatant disrespect to my babies @sesameplace trust me I’m not done yet.”
Sesame Workshop reached out to the mother of the two children and released a statement addressing the viral incident.
Enlarge ImageKelly Rowland, 41, is the mother of two young boys: Titan Weatherspoon, 7, and Noah Weatherspoon, 1. AFP via Getty Images
“We have been in contact with Sesame Place, our licensed park partner, and they have assured us that they will conduct bias training and a thorough review of the ways in which they engage with families and guests,” the statement read.
Sesame Place also issued a formal apology in which they claimed Rosita’s dismissive gestures weren’t meant specifically for the two girls, and that the performer did not intentionally bypass them.
Rowland — who shares her sons with husband Tim Weatherspoon — originally took to Instagram to express her disappointment and anger with Sesame Street and Place.
“Had that been me, that whole parade would’ve been up in flames,” Rowland, 41, said with a slight chuckle.

Sesame Place Controversy: Family Attorney Says New Video Confirms 2 Young Black Girls Were Snubbed By Character At Theme Park​

By CBS3 StaffJuly 22, 2022 at 4:27 pm

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — A new video and additional details were released Friday showing another angle after a video went viral claiming a character at Bucks County’s Sesame Place refused to high-five two young Black girls. Earlier this week, Jodi Brown, the mother who took the original video, said the character Rosita was walking a parade route, high-fiving and hugging other children, but intentionally ignored her daughter and niece.
Brown believes it was because of the color of their skin, but Sesame Place officials though are claiming it was a misunderstanding.
Civil rights activists plan to “shut down” Sesame Place in Langhorne on Saturday at 12 p.m. in response to the incident.
The family’s attorney, B’lvory LaMarr, released a video showing a new angle from the moment. They say the new video confirms the girls were snubbed by the character, refuting Sesame Place’s claims.
He says at the end of this new video, it shows the character hugging a child of a different race after passing by the two Black girls.
“This video is disturbing for several reasons. It suggests that a company will do and say anything to escape accountability,” LaMarr said in a release. “Such acts, undoubtedly, cause further pain and distress to victims. The still shots from the video clearly show that Skylar and Nylah were approximately 2 feet away from the Caucasian lady with the purple shirt, who was the last person to receive a high-five from Rosita.”
CBS3 has contacted Sesame Place for a response, but in previous statements, the theme park apologizes and said what happened was unacceptable.
Among the millions who grew up watching Sesame Street is activist Gary Frazier Jr., of Camden.
“I know, I’m 46 years old, I’m still trying to find out how to get to Sesame Street, but I’m going to definitely learn how to get there at 46 tomorrow,” Frazier said.
Fraizer wouldn’t detail how activists plan to shut down the park, though flyers are circulating and one says armed Black Panther groups will be attending.
He says those groups are exercising their second amendment rights.
“We don’t know what we’re walking into tomorrow, in such a rural area, but we do know that we have a group of individuals who are ensuring our safety,” Fraizer said.
Educator and broadcaster Will Mega, who’s quoted in the flyers, is not involved in organizing this shutdown. He’s asked the Pennsylvania Human Rights Commission to investigate Sesame Place.
While he supports an economic boycott, he’s urging people to leave their guns at home.
“I think our children have been traumatized enough,” Mega said. “I would suggest that you keep your children home and shoot Sesame Place in the pocket.”
“The damage is already done and so they have to feel exactly what those children’s faces felt,” Frazier said.
Activists across the country are calling for immediate identification and termination of the person who was wearing the Rosita costume, according to a release.
A spokesperson for the attorney representing the family of the two girls says they were only made aware Friday about the shutdown and are looking into it.
Eyewitness News requested comments from Langhorne Borough Police and Sesame Place and is awaiting responses.
Civil right attorney Ben Crump will join the family’s attorney for a press conference Saturday at noon.

Sesame Place Controversy: 1 Week After Viral Video, Civil Rights Activists Protest At Theme Park To Demand Change​

By Alicia RobertsJuly 23, 2022 at 7:04 pm

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — Two activists were arrested outside Sesame Place in Langhorne Saturday afternoon. Police say the two protestors were taken into custody for disorderly conduct after several warnings for blocking the sidewalk and street.
The two men were among a crowd of civil rights activists, including several local Black Panther parties, urging families to boycott the children’s theme park. Police say the two men were from Newark, New Jersey and Camden. Their names are not known at this time.
It follows a now viral video posted by a New York family who says a costumed character ignored their two 6-year-old Black girls.
Sesame Place Controversy: 1 Week After Viral Video, Activists Protest At Theme Park To Demand Change
“So when you insult a child, when you traumatize child, those children will always remember,” Nia 2X, an activist, said.
Organizers say they want to see changes to the park’s hiring and training policies.
“Your staff shouldn’t be treating any child different than the other, if you’re hugging children, then hug all the children,” Elijah Vine, of the New Black Panther Party in D.C., said.
Sesame Place has apologized to the family, and in a statement released Saturday, calling what happened “unacceptable,” and says they are “instituting mandatory training for all our employees so that we can better recognize, understand, and deliver an inclusive, equitable and entertaining experience for all our guests.”
Many at Sesame Place say they will continue to speak out to prevent something like this from happening again.

“The number one thing is making sure that the kids still have fun here,” Cody Owens, of the NAACP in Delaware, said. “That’s what this is all about, and no one should be discriminated against based on your skin color, your race, whatever it may be.”
Organizers are also calling for the employee in the costumed character to be terminated. It’s unclear if that has or will happen.

Baltimore Family Files Lawsuit Against Sesame Place Over Another Alleged Incident Of Discrimination​

By Ryan HughesJuly 27, 2022 at 7:58 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A class action lawsuit has been filed against Sesame Place on behalf of a family in Baltimore. This new action against the Bucks County amusement park is not related to the video that went viral last week of a Sesame Place character appearing to snub two Black girls.
There has been anger and outrage towards Sesame Place for nearly two weeks now over discrimination allegations. On Wednesday, a family from Baltimore and its attorneys announced they have filed a class action lawsuit against Sesame Place.
They want the park “to do the right thing.”
The firm Murphy, Falcon & Murphy is representing the Burns family — Quinton and his 5-year-old daughter Kennedi.
Attorneys say the Burns were discriminated against back on Father’s Day, June 18, when they visited the park in Bucks County and participated in a meet-and-greet with the characters.
Attorneys claim four characters at Sesame Place intentionally refused to interact with Kennedi and other Black guests at the park. They say there are videos to prove it.
This all comes after a video went viral more than a week ago showing a character at Sesame Place ignoring two girls.
The mom who posted the video says it was racially motivated.
Sesame Place has apologized, but more families have come forward saying their children were ignored because they are Black.
Sesame Place said it’s taking action to review its practices to identify necessary changes.
But this family is seeking damages for families they say have been discriminated against for years.
“She was ignored. Amongst a sea of other young white children who were able to interact, give hugs, high fives, and love from these characters that are supposed to be a source of safety, a source of equity, a source of kindness. These are the characters that taught our children, that taught me, that taught all of us how to be a friend, how to love people, how to read, how to be a good person. And yet, Kennedi was forced to experience racism at the age of 5,” attorney Malcolm Ruff said.
The lawyers representing the mom who posted that original Instagram video on July 16 say they are not part of this class action lawsuit.
Sesame Place responded to the lawsuit in a statement sent to Eyewitness News, saying: “We will review the lawsuit filed on behalf of Mr. Burns. We look forward to addressing that claim through the established legal process. We are committed to deliver an inclusive, equitable and entertaining experience for all our guests.”

Baltimore Family Files $25 Million Lawsuit Against Sesame Place Over Another Alleged Incident Of Discrimination​

By CBS3 StaffJuly 28, 2022 at 8:00 am

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — Sesame Place is facing a $25 million class action lawsuit over how its costume characters allegedly treat young, Black children. A law firm filed the lawsuit on behalf of a Baltimore family.
They also released a new video of characters allegedly snubbing other Black children at the Bucks County amusement park.
The video follows the now-viral video posted nearly two weeks ago by a New York family who says a Sesame Place character ignored two little girls.
“We stand here before you today simply trying to fight and protect little Black children and their fundamental civil rights,” attorney Malcolm Ruff said.
Attorneys for the Burns family out of Baltimore filed a class action lawsuit alleging pervasive and appalling race discrimination against Sesame Place and its parent company Sea World after a video shows what they say are several costume characters snubbing a 5-year-old Black girl for other white children.
“She was ignored amongst a sea of other young white children who were able to interact, give hugs, high fives,” Ruff said.
Those attorneys say Quinton Burns contacted their firm after seeing the now-viral video where a New York mother alleges her Black daughter and niece were passed over in favor of white children in the crowd during a parade.
Attorneys say the Burns were discriminated against back on Father’s Day, June 18, when they visited the park in Bucks County and participated in a meet-and-greet with the characters.
Attorneys claim four characters at Sesame Place intentionally refused to interact with Kennedi and other Black guests at the park. They say there are videos to prove it.
“Just looking at her face, it makes me want to cry every time I see it,” Burns said.
“Kennedi was forced to experience racism at the age of 5. This is unacceptable and we will not stand by and let this continue,” Ruff said.
Lawyers are seeking compensatory and punitive damages in excess of $25 million and are asking other families who may have also experienced bias to come forward.
“We want to punish Sea World because they know what happened was wrong and we’re sure that we are going to find that this was indeed a pattern that they were aware of, they just didn’t care,” attorney Mart Harris said.
Lawyers representing the New York family emphasize they are not part of this lawsuit.
Sesame Place said it’s taking action to review its practices to identify necessary changes.
Sesame Place responded to the lawsuit in a statement sent to Eyewitness News, saying: “We will review the lawsuit filed on behalf of Mr. Burns. We look forward to addressing that claim through the established legal process. We are committed to deliver an inclusive, equitable and entertaining experience for all our guests.”

New Sesame Place Video, Incident Emerges As Civil Rights Leaders Meet To Discuss Discrimination Allegations​

By Alicia RobertsJuly 29, 2022 at 7:00 am

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — There are new developments in the Sesame Place controversy. Civil rights leaders are meeting to discuss the allegations of racial discrimination at the Langhorne theme park and want a meeting with Sea World leaders to develop solutions to eradicate discrimination.
Meantime, a York father believes his daughter was a victim of discrimination at the park. The father believes it wasn’t a coincidence of what happened to her.
Nathan Fleming and his 5-year-old daughter Olivia visited Sesame Place 12 days before the New York video was posted.
“Fifteen to 20 minutes maybe went by where she didn’t get a high-five and I feel like she was being overlooked a bit,” Fleming said.
Fleming says back on July 4, when his daughter was passed by time and again during a Sesame Place character parade, he chalked it up to there being thousands of kids along the route and went into “dad mode” to get his daughter noticed.
“In the video, you can hear me I’m yelling like towards him and I’m recording and pointing at her at the same time and as he’s walking towards her, I felt glorified like all right, it’s about it happen,” Fleming said.
Five-year-old old Olivia describes instead what happened next.
“His hand went like this,” Olivia said.
“He is visibly walking to her and then a split-second change, he sees another kid and goes the opposite direction,” Fleming said.
Fleming says while Olivia described the characters as “mean” for ignoring her that day it wasn’t until friends shared the now-viral social post from a New York mother who alleges her 6-year-old daughter and niece were snubbed that he started to believe this was a pattern, something Olivia also sensed.
“If a kid says ‘Oh, it happened to another kid’ that’s one thing but when they say ‘that kid looks just like me,’ she’s referring to her skin color,” Fleming said.
Fleming says since the incident Olivia has wanted nothing to do with any of her favorite characters, even TV shows. He says what disappoints him most is that despite repeated calls, emails and even LinkedIn messages, Sesame Place has not replied.
“It could have been something as small as inviting her back, maybe a meet and greet. Anything to help her regain her confidence,” Fleming said.
Sesame Place responded to the new incident in a statement sent to CBS3: “We want every child who comes to our park to feel included, seen and inspired and we are disappointed to learn that this child came away from her experience in our park feeling disappointed. We are reaching out to the family to speak with them about it.”

Sesame Place Announces Changes To Diversity Programs After Recent High-Profile Racial Incidents​

By CBS3 StaffAugust 9, 2022 at 5:27 pm

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — Sesame Place on Tuesday announced changes to its diversity, equity and inclusion programs after high-profile incidents recently that allege characters were intentionally ignoring Black children at the Bucks County park.
One video that gained nationwide attention appeared to show the character, Rosita, snubbing two young Black girls.
Another family has filed a separate suit with similar allegations.
Sesame Place says it will conduct a racial equity review of its current practices.
The park also says all employees will be required to undergo a bias training session by the end of September.
The statement by Sesame Place says that nationally recognized experts in civil rights will oversee the process.
“We are pleased to have this team of well-respected leaders joining us. We have already begun engaging with employees, guests, civil rights groups as well as community leaders, and instituted some interim measures at the park while the review proceeds,” Sesame Place Philadelphia President Cathy Valeriano said. “The actions we are taking will help us deliver on our promise to provide an equitable and inclusive experience for all our guests every day. “We are committed to making sure our guests feel welcome, included and enriched by their visits to our park.”

Chuck E. Cheese 'deeply saddened' after mother posts video of mascot ignoring Black child​

Sara Mhaidli and Rania Soetirto and Doha Madani
Wed, August 3, 2022 at 1:57 PM·4 min read

31c7cbdfa67d23fe411979022b5f7526

Justin Sullivan
Chuck E. Cheese's corporate office said the company was "deeply saddened" after a family posted a video showing its mouse mascot ignoring a Black child during a party at a New Jersey location over the weekend.
Natyana Muhammad, 29, posted a video Sunday of her 2-year-old daughter, Safa, at a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party in Wayne the day before. In the video, the mascot comes out and offers high-fives to a group of children on the stage, who all appear to be white, and then ignores a small Black girl who tries to get the character's attention.
The video has been viewed more than 3 million times on Twitter.
“I stopped recording. I actually tapped Chuck E. on his arm to let him know that Safa was standing right there, and he ignored me," Muhammad told NBC News on Wednesday.
Safa had never seen Chuck E. Cheese in person, so her mother was excited to get her reaction on camera.

0fa5975fe0a5ae5cf1bbc24cfc19dab1

Muhammad said their family was in the party room because Safa was a guest of one of the birthday parties. She said the mascot didn't go to their table at all until a manager pushed it to.

The location's manager told Muhammad that the mascot hadn't seen her daughter and insisted on arranging a photo for Safa with Chuck E. Cheese, but Safa was visibly upset. Muhammad said she was looking for a lawyer to discuss her options about a potential lawsuit.

“You don’t do that,” Muhammad said. “Not only was it unnecessary, it was inhumane to do that to a toddler.”

Muhammad was a guest of Tawan Thompson, 51, who was hosting a birthday party for her 2-year-old grandson that afternoon. Thompson said the mascot ignored her grandson's entire party and then walked past their table and interacted with a family who was having an event at another table.

Sesame Place Announces Changes To Diversity Programs After Recent High-Profile Racial Incidents​

By Alicia RobertsAugust 10, 2022 at 7:27 am

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) — Sesame Place has announced a series of actions aimed at advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It follows several allegations of bias against Black children.
This news announced late Tuesday afternoon comes as public outcry continues for families to boycott.
Sesame Place has announced a racial equity review following allegations of bias after a now-viral video sparked protests and calls for a boycott of the Bucks County theme park.
The family of the two little girls alleges the costume character Rosita snubbed the Black girls during a parade on July 16.
Jodi Brown, who shared the experience on Instagram, says the character high-fived a White child and woman, then gestured “no” and walked away from her daughter and niece who had their arms stretched out for a hug and high-five.
Days later, a Baltimore family filed a class action lawsuit alleging pervasive discrimination against parent company SeaWorld. They say this video shows four Sesame Place characters ignoring 5-year-old Kennedi Burns during her visit on Father’s Day weekend.
In a release issued Tuesday, Sesame Place says the equity review will be chaired by national civil rights experts. It will also include mandatory anti-bias training for all employees by the end of September, along with enhancements to the current diversity program.
Sesame Place’s president says “the actions we are taking will help us deliver on our promise to provide an equitable and inclusive experience for all our guests.”
Bucks County’s diversity officer will also review the park’s policies once all litigation has been resolved.
“It is absolutely more than just on our radar,” Bucks County project and diversity officer Bernard Griggs Jr. said.
Brown and her attorney will meet with SeaWorld’s CEO on Thursday. Civil rights leaders will also be in that meeting.
“We acknowledge SeaWorld’s recent response to the public demands made by Rainbow PUSH, NAACP, Until Freedom, and others, that stemmed from the July 16 incident at Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pa. On Thursday, Aug. 11, the parents of Skylar and Nylah will accompany me to a meeting with SeaWorld’s CEO, Marc Swanson, along with Rev. Jesse Jackson, and other leaders. It is our hope that this previously scheduled meeting will address the deficiencies we have noted from this most recent press release. We will provide a more detailed statement following this meeting,” attorney B’Ivory LaMarr said.

Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson, attorneys meet with CEO over viral Sesame Place video​

philadelphia
By Matt Petrillo

Updated on: August 12, 2022 / 6:15 AM / CBS Philadelphia

LANGHORNE, Pa. (CBS) -- Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson and attorneys of the family of two Black girls met with the Sesame Place CEO Thursday over that viral video appearing to show the girls being snubbed by a character.
Executives with Seaworld, the park's operator, which operates Sesame Place, did not meet with members of the family but promised to do so.
That meeting happened Thursday afternoon in New York City. It comes after Sesame Place in Langhorne pledged earlier this week to have diversity and inclusion training following that now infamous video.
In July, a video went viral showing the Sesame Street character Rosita appearing to wave off two Black girls during a parade at Sesame Place. The mother of one of the girls posted the video, and soon others said they had similar experiences.
Later in July, it was announced another family filed a $25 million class action lawsuit against the owners of Sesame Place.

This past Tuesday, Sesame Place announced mandatory diversity and inclusion training for all of its employees. The training is supposed to address bias and prevent discrimination.
"It's the substance behind the statement. There has to be actions -- as Rev. Jackson just talked about -- in the procurement budget and their board. Having diversity in all these different areas is what actually is going to lead to the long-term change that we're seeking," attorney B'Ivory LaMarr said.
Besides anti-discrimination training, the families also want to see changes to Sesame Place's hiring practices and set aside part of its budget to be spent exclusively on African American businesses.
Meanwhile, a separate family has filed a multi-million dollar class action lawsuit because of a different incident of alleged racial bias.

Sesame Place controversy: Attorney says family is "tired of talking" after SeaWorld CEO didn't attend scheduled meeting this week​

philadelphia
By CBS3 Staff

September 2, 2022 / 11:20 AM / CBS Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- The family of two young Black girls that appeared to be snubbed by a costumed character at Sesame Place in Bucks County earlier this year says all options are on the table after the CEO of SeaWorld didn't attend a meeting this week, the family's lawyer said in a release on Friday. The CEO of SeaWorld, the parent company of Sesame Place, was supposed to meet with Jodi Brown in her family on Tuesday, but the CEO didn't show, according to a release.
The CEO allegedly promised in August that a meeting with the Brown family would eventually be held.
Instead, only legal counsel and corporate reps were sent to the meeting.
Now, the attorney for the family says they're "tired of talking."
"To appease the Brown family and the community at large, we were presented with the illusion that SeaWorld Entertainment wanted to "do right" and mediate the matter; however, what was labeled a mediation this week, shifted to a meeting where the Browns were finally able to voice their concerns and then offered a sandwich and cookies," B'lovory LaMarr, the attorney representing Brown's family, wrote in a release.

In the release, LaMarr said that they're monitoring the ongoing $25 million lawsuit filed against SeaWorld by another firm and that all other options are on the table.
LaMarr also wrote in the release that SeaWorld hasn't provided an update on if the employee in the Rosita costume that appeared to snub the two young girls in the video has been disciplined or terminated.
In August, Rev. Jesse Jackson and attorneys for the Brown family met with the Sesame Place CEO due to the video.
In July, a video went viral showing the Sesame Street character Rosita appearing to wave off two Black girls during a parade at Sesame Place. Brown posted the video of her daughter and niece, and soon others said they had similar experiences.

Since the incident, Sesame Place announced mandatory diversity and inclusion training for all of its employees. The training is supposed to address bias and prevent discrimination.
Besides anti-discrimination training, the families also want to see changes to Sesame Place's hiring practices and set aside part of its budget to be spent exclusively on African American businesses.
"After nearly two months of engagement, it has become evident and we believe that the leadership at SeaWorld Entertainment does not respect the political power of African-American civil rights leaders and their outreach within the community," LaMarr said in a release. "We further believe that they do not respect the African-American dollars that help make SeaWorld and Sesame Place profitable."

Back