Robber strikes downtown Wachovia

Gun Violence And Children!

Five children have been victims in shootings since the beginning of the year. Four of those victims died. Police say five is a high number at just two months into the year. But they also say they expect the number to fall because it usually does.

The latest case was in Frayser last Thursday. Police say 6-year-old Germinie Johnson was killed by a man aiming for his aunt. That man is being charged with the First Degree Murder of Johnson.

One thing the police say they are sure of is their commitment to catching these child killers.

Lieutenant Joe Scott is with the Memphis Police Department.

<span style='color:red'>

Germinie Johnson
3000127_SS.jpg

Photo of niglet from front page of WMCTV Memphis

Terrence Woods
3000127_BG1.jpg

Six year old boy shot dead in his living room

Memphis police say a gunman shot and killed six-year-old Germinie Johnson and injured his mother and another man. Authorities arrested Terrence Woods Friday afternoon in West Memphis, Arkansas. Investigators say Woods knocked on a door in the 2900-hundred block of Grenadier Cove, and when the door opened Woods st
arted shooting. Six-year-old Germinie Johnson was shot in the abdomen and killed. His mother and another man were injured.

The little boy and his moth
er don't even live in the home where the shooting happened. They were visiting family. Now they're planning a funeral and asking why anyone would walk through a door shooting. Belinda Franklin was sitting in the house on Grenadier Cove Thursday night getting her son ready for bed. Franklin said, "I was on the couch with him, braiding his hair when it happened." It was gun shots that ended in the death of six year old Germinie Johnson. "The first shot was outside and then I just seen somebody walk in the house and start shooting towards my baby." Germinie's death isn't tough on just his family, his teacher at Treadwell Elementary sent this e-mail. "Germinie was a delightful little boy with the face of an angel. It's a shame that his precious life had to be taken so soon by an act of ignorant violence, but
he will always be remembered in my classroom as 'Germinie, the one who could mimic Charlie the Catepillar's voice the best.'"

For Germinie's mom, pictures and memories are all she has left. [
b]"He liked to dance and sing, he was real fun, happy baby and he made everybody laugh, real smart."[/b] Belinda Franklin's leg was grazed by a bullet. A man in the home is listed in critical condition from wounds he received. If you have any information about this deadly shooting, call Crime Stoppers at 528-CASH.

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

Back