Riots in Tottenham after cops shoot gangsta dead

20090806_101518_bratton_4_600_300.jpg

*William J. Bratton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Bratton

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/world/europe/15britain.html

The Columbus Dispatch

U.S.-style gangs blamed for UK riots (or gang-fighter globalist to UK?)

August 15, 2011

by Shawn Pogatchnik

Cameron has just recruited the Los Angeles Police Department’s former commander, William Bratton, to be his adviser on anti-gang tactics. Bratton previously commanded the police in Boston and New York, where his tactics were credited with greatly reducing gang-related bloodshed.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto.../15/u-s--style-gangs-blamed-for-uk-riots.html

Skara Brae

*Google.com

http://news.yahoo.com/police-charge-teenager-london-riots-murder-073010522.html

Police charge teenager with London riots murder
By JILL LAWLESS - Associated Press
AP – 3 hrs ago

LONDON (AP) — A 16-year-old boy was ordered Tuesday to stand trial for the murder of a retiree attacked when he confronted rioters in London, as British judges and prosecutors used tough punishment and name-and-shame tactics against hundreds of alleged participants in the mayhem.

The government said police would get better training and stronger powers to deal with a new and unpredictable era of street disturbances.

"We will make sure police have the powers they need," said Home Secretary Theresa May — including, she suggested, the power to impose blanket curfews in troubled areas.

A teenager, who has not been named because of his age, appeared in court Tuesday accused of killing 68-year-old Richard Bowes, who was found lying in a street during violence in Ealing, west London, on Aug. 8.

CCTV footage captured Bowes being punched and falling to the pavement after he tried to stamp out a fire set by rioters. He died of head injuries three days later.

The suspect, dressed in a black shirt and with his arms crossed, was charged with murder, violent disorder and the burglary of a bookmakers, a supermarket, a video store and a restaurant.

He did not enter a plea and was ordered detained as he awaits trial at the Central Criminal Court.

The boy's 31-year-old mother has been charged with obstructing the police investigation. She also was denied bail. So she had this monstrosity at 15. :eek: The niggers are the same everywhere - violent and promiscuous. No dumb "slavery" excuse for them.

Police have arrested more than 3,000 people over riots that erupted Aug. 6 in north London and flared for four nights across the capital and other English cities.

And about 1,400 have been charged with riot-related offenses. More than 1,200 have appeared in court — often in chaotic, round-the clock-sessions dispensing justice that is swifter, and harsher, than usual.

Although a public opinion favors stern punishment for rioters, a few cases have made headlines and sparked debate. A London man received six months in jail for stealing a case of water worth 3.50 pounds ($5) from a looted supermarket. A Manchester mother of two who did not take part in the riots was sentenced to five months for wearing a pair of looted shorts her roommate had brought home.

Most of the convicted suspects have been sent for sentencing to higher courts which have the power to impose longer terms of imprisonment. Two-thirds of the accused have not been granted bail. The usual rate for the magistrates' courts hearing their cases is 10 percent.

Although Prime Minister David Cameron said last week that those who participated in the riots should go to prison, the government denied trying to influence the judiciary.

The courts service said "sentencing is a matter for the independent judiciary," though it acknowledged that magistrates in London were being told by their legal advisers "to consider whether their powers of punishment are sufficient in dealing with some cases arising from the recent disorder."

May, the home secretary, said she had pressed prosecutors to lift anonymity from underage defendants convicted of riot-related offenses. Defendants under 18 are customarily offered anonymity by law, even if they are convicted.

Five people died during the unrest, including three men hit by a car in Birmingham, central England as they protected local shops from looters. Two men and a teenage boy have been charged with murdering Haroon Jahan, 20, and brothers Shazad Ali, 30, and Abdul Musavir, 31.

Several suspects have also been questioned about the death of a man who was shot in the head during rioting in south London.

The Association of British Insurers has estimated the cost from wrecked and stolen property at 200 million pounds ($326 million) but expects the total to rise.

Police were criticized for responding too slowly, particularly in London, but eventually deployed huge numbers of officers at riot zones to quell the mayhem.

May said Britain had entered a "faster moving and more unpredictable" era of public order policing, and promised forces would get new instructions about training riot officers and responding to trouble, as well as new powers.

"Under existing laws, there is no power to impose a general curfew in a particular area," May said, adding that a change to that policy would be considered.

Civil liberties groups condemned the idea. Isabella Sankey, director of policy for the rights group Liberty, said curfews would be of little use during riots.

"Someone who thinks it is fine to commit violence, theft and criminal damage is hardly going to take notice of a police request to kindly leave the area," she said.

The government has already floated a raft of new powers, including allowing police to order anyone suspected of being a thug to remove their mask or hood, evicting troublemakers from subsidized housing and temporarily disabling cell phone instant messaging services.

Cameron has said he will consult former Los Angeles, New York and Boston Police Chief William Bratton on gang-fighting techniques.

Many senior police officers feel stung by the decision to look to the U.S., and by government criticism of their handling of the riots, and oppose plans to slash police budgets as part of sweeping austerity measures.

May acknowledged the government would cut funding to the police by 20 percent over four years, but said that pay freezes and eliminating red tape meant the real-terms reduction would be much lower.

And she said there would be no effect on front-line officers.

"What matters is not the total number of officers employed but the total number of officers deployed," May said.

Opposition politicians and liberal commentators have pointed to racial tensions, poverty and the government's austerity measures as underlying factors in the riots.

Cameron, however, has blamed a "slow moral collapse" that took in poor parenting, gang-related crime and a widespread failure by Britain's leaders to address deep-rooted social problems.

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said Tuesday that the government would set up an independent panel — though not a full public inquiry — to hear from victims and investigate the causes of the riots.

Clegg said it would be "a grass roots process where people in the communities affected and the victims who have been so damaged and hurt can give their views about what needs to happen to ensure it doesn't happen again."

Historian David Starkey has been accused of racism after blaming the riots across England last week on black culture and claiming: "The chavs have become black. The whites have become black."

110814starkey--131332603569362100.jpg

David Starkey is both Jewish and a flaming homosexual as well as a leading and most prominent media advocate of 'gay rights'. Not hard to figure the true raison d'être behind his recent inflammatory statements in the MSN.

Anyone with a pair of functioning eyes and an IQ above room temperature can clearly see the undeniable and immutable truth that the recent riots were instigated, orchestrated and perpetrated by blacks. Murmurs of decent had become calls for open debate on the issue. The remarks made by Starkey have not only killed that debate before it even started, but have also served to ensure that it never takes place in the future.

Looter jailed for 16 months for raided on Edmonton Asda
4:55pm Friday 23rd September 2011

Looter Adrian Cotton

A LOOTER who was caught inside Asda in Edmonton during last month's riots has been jailed for 16 months.

Adrian Cotton blamed a “moment of madness”� after he joined looters who raided the Fore Street store on Sunday, August 7.

The 25-year-old, of King Edwards Road, Edmonton, was caught red-handed by police and admitted burglary.

He was jailed at Wood Green Crown Courrt on Monday, September 19.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk...ed_for_16_months_for_raided_on_Edmonton_Asda/

Thirteen sentenced for Bletchley riots
29 November 2011 Last updated at 16:04

_57004391_composite.jpg

Police said those involved in the disorder acted as if they were above the law and their behaviour had intimidated members of the public

Thirteen people involved in disorder in Buckinghamshire during the August riots have been sentenced.

The 13, who are all male, local and aged 15 to 23, each admitted violent disorder in Bletchley on 9 August.

They were dealt with at Aylesbury Crown Court on Monday. The sentences ranged from a youth rehabilitation order to three years in prison.

Speaking after the case, police praised a woman who took pictures of rioters as they damaged her car.

Supt Nikki Ross said officers spent hours trawling through CCTV to identify those responsible.

Speaking of the 13, she added: "Their behaviour intimidated law-abiding members of the public and the differing lengths of sentence they have received reflects aggravating factors, such as violence, robbery, theft and criminal damage."

The defendants were sentenced as follows:

Mahad Abdi, 22, of The Hide on the Netherfield estate in Milton Keynes: three years in prison.
Nigel Baiden, 18, of Wakefield Close, of Neath Hill, Milton Keynes: two years and eight months.
Nicolas Balibuno, 18, of Diddington Close, Bletchley: one year and four months.
Resel Bray, 18, The Boundary, Oldbrook, Milton Keynes: eight months.
Aaron Cunningham, 19, Derwent Drive, Bletchley: two years and two months.
Charlie Fisher, 18, formerly of Conniburrow in Milton Keynes but now of Gladstone Street, Winsford, Cheshire: one year and eight months.
Jack Gore, also known as Mossman, 18, Tremain Court, Fishermead, Milton Keynes: 14 months.
Spencer Layne, 23, Faringdon Street, Monkston Park, Milton Keynes: two years and two months.
Pius Ofori, 18, of Porthleven Place, Fishermead, Milton Keynes: eight months.
Tafazwa Sibanda, 20, of St Giles Street, New Bradwell, Milton Keynes: 15 months.
A 15 year old was given a youth rehabilitation order.

A 16 year old and 17 year old, who also cannot be named due to their age, were given 12-month and six-month detention and training orders respectively.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-15941039

Notice that the only whites that joined in the looting were jiggaboo-lovin' wiggers. Otherwise the looters are jiggaboos, pakis or other muzzies who hate YT. Personally, I'm glad that that jig was made good, because he was a menace to society at large. Honestly, niggers are the same no matter where the jews and their bleeding-heart enables import them to.

Don't forget that aged English pensioners get far less assistance than muddy immigrants, even though the pensioners put far more hours of honest work into the system than those worthless sub-humans. If that isn't communism, then I don't know what to say.

:barf3:

Jailed: Chorlton grandmother who stole toilet roll during Manchester riots
December 10, 2011

C_71_article_1467605_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

JAILED: Ingrid Smith

A gran has been jailed for stealing toilet paper during the Manchester riots.

Ingrid Smith helped herself to a large packet of loo roll after looters forced open shutters at Tesco Express at Oxford Street during the night of disturbances.

The 58-year-old, described as a ‘respectable’ woman in court, was fleeing the convenience store when she arrested alongside three other people after cops arrived at the scene.

She swore at the officers, calling them ‘scumbags’, shrieking that she had a knife and was going to stab them, Manchester Crown Court heard.

Smith, of Caldervale Avenue, Chorlton, was ‘heavily intoxicated’ after a family night out when she got swept up in the mass crime spree, which gripped the city centre on August 9, the court was told.

She was said to be ashamed and embarrassed about her behaviour.

Sending her down for 16 months after she admitted burglary, Judge Jonathan Foster QC said: "It gives me no pleasure to have to sentence an apparently respectable, maturely-aged lady for participation in the Manchester disturbances. At your age you have the responsibility of setting an example to those younger than you."

The court heard Smith had a criminal record, but had been out of trouble for years until the night of the riots.

In a separate hearing at the court, single mum Heather Russell, 19, and her pal Danielle McShane, 20, both of Grasmere Avenue, Warrington, were jailed after they were caught with looted booze during the riots.

The pair were among a group seen running away from Tesco Express at Princess Street by police as the disorder raged past midnight.

Heather Russell had six bottles of wine in her handbag while McShane was carrying a bottle of vodka and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice.

CCTV revealed McShane had twice entered the store, despite her denials, and she was arrested and charged with burglary. It could not be proved that Russell had gone in and she was charged with handling stolen goods.

Both young women spent a ‘terrifying’ two weeks behind bars – their first experience of jail – in the aftermath of the riots, the court heard.

Gill Crossley, defending both, told the court they had been ‘oblivious’ to the disorder and on their way to Rusholme when they passed by Piccadilly station to check train times back to Warrington. In the station toilets, they struck up a conversation with some other girls, who had come into town to join the chaos, and decided to go along and watch.

Miss Crossley said the pair had behaved ‘totally and utterly’ out of character after drinking to excess.

Judge Michael Henshell rejected her pleas to suspend their sentences.

Sending McShane down for 12 months and Russell down for six, he told them: "A mob is composed in large measure of ordinary people like you, people who very temporarily have lost their self-control, have lost their common sense and are swept along – either due to the fact they have had a large amount to drink, or simply they do not have the will to resist, and you forgot the decent upbringing which both of you have had.

"There are no grounds for suspending sentences because you have spent some time in custody, or the fact we are some time from the offences. "

http://menmedia.co.uk/southmanchest...e-toilet-roll-during-manchester-riots?rss=yes

CROYDON RIOTS: Man jailed for looting Boots
Monday, November 28, 2011

story.jpg

Ahmed Ebrahimi

A LOOTER who stole a stash of designer glasses during the August riots has been jailed.

Ahmed Ebrahimi, 24, embarked on a looting frenzy at the London Road Boots opticians, in which tens of thousands of pounds worth of glasses and designer shades were stolen.

Ebrahimi, from West Drayton, in Middlesex, had denied burglary but he was found guilty of the charge at Inner London Crown Court and sentenced to 20 months' imprisonment.

"He was bang to rights and thankfully the courts saw through his lies," said Detective Sergeant Darren Lovatt, who investigated the case.

"Despite being linked forensically to the scene of the crime, Ebrahimi tried to deny being involved in the looting."

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk...ooting-Boots/story-13951978-detail/story.html

Ashley Woodroffe and teenage girl sentenced over Bromley riots
10:54am Thursday 10th November 2011

Ashley Woodroffe was jailed for 14 months

TWO more people have been sentenced for their roles in Bromley's August riots, bringing the total to 18.

Ashley Woodroffe, aged 24, from Herne Hill, was jailed for 14 months at Inner London Crown Court after pleading guilty to burglary at Argentos Jewellers in Beckenham High Street on August 8.

In a separate case, a 17-year-old girl from Orpington handed herself in after seeing her picture in News Shopper.

She was sentenced to an eight-month detention and training order at Inner London Crown Court after pleading guilty to burglary at Uniqlo in Bromley, also on August 8.

Twenty-two further suspects are awaiting trial in connection with the disorder in Bromley, with additional suspects currently on bail as police investigations continue.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9356215.News_Shopper_helps_shop_teenage_rioter/

Investigating why people burnt down my family business

_57331182_mrreeves3.jpg

All that remains of a 145 year old family business after the Crydon TNB-fest

After his furniture store went up in flames during the London riots, 80-year-old Maurice Reeve came out of retirement to lead his family business through the crisis, and he also set out to find out how a town he had always thought so safe, could descend into arson and looting.

I never thought in a million years my shop, which had stood for 145 years, would be brought to the ground. I felt helpless, sad and physically sick. Afterwards I was interviewed by TV crews from around the world and said on the news that even Shakespeare could not put into words just how awful I felt.

I was totally unaware what was going on in Croydon that night. It was my wedding anniversary and I was up in London at the National Gallery with my wife and we had a lovely meal out. I came back and put the television on and in the next second there was my building on fire. Those memories are etched in my mind. It was cruel really. They didn't steal anything. It was wanton destruction. Croydon burned for a further two days, before demolition crews moved in and pulled down my building. Fire crews could not stop the fire ravaging the furniture shop. (Report first broadcast on August 9 2011)

It was devastating to watch the bulldozers in the rubble of what remained of our shop - a cruel blow struck into my heart. In the aftermath of the riots I became determined to put what had happened behind me and develop what was left of my business. I started immediately with our adjacent shop. I had a clear vision of what I wanted. But also, with the help of a BBC TV crew, I strove to answer the question on everybody's lips - Why? I met other people who had been badly affected by the riots.

One was a young mum called Charlene who offered to show me the remains of her home. Fire spread from a shop up to her flat and it was now uninhabitable. The ceiling in her five-year-old son's room had fallen onto where he would have been sleeping, had she not taking him out to see what was going on. She told me she watched people who were looting outside her flat who were laughing and joking as if it was funny.

I also met a couple who run a shop who were physically attacked in their shop and then pulled from their van as they tried to escape. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was worse than I thought. Why was my store burnt down? I was so upset by some of what I heard about the riots that I started to doubt whether or not I should try to rebuild my shop in Croydon.

My other worst moment in the aftermath of the riots was when I was taken into hospital with a stress-related complaint, two weeks after the riot. I had so much to do and I willed myself to get out. With the help of my wife we managed to persuade the consultant that I was ok. It turned out to be the right decision. I was approached by a local community group to meet young people to get their view on why the riots happened. One was a former gang member who has now turned his life around.

They talked about what many saw as problems with stop and search by the police and how they thought criminalising the rioters was a mistake as they would now not to be able to get jobs. I was highly impressed with their frankness with me. One wrote to me afterwards explaining in more detail how unhappy he was with being stopped and searched. It was beautifully written. I wrote him a letter back for him to carry around and show to police if he had been stopped saying that he knew me.

He came down to the little opening of the shop we had recently and I want to keep in touch with him. The burnt-out shell of the House of Reeves furniture store in Croydon The burnt-out House of Reeves furniture store in Croydon became a potent symbol of the riots I also talked to an 18-year-old doing community service for looting a shop he happened to walk past that had already been broken into. "Your adrenaline takes over you when you see someone else doing it," he said. "You see someone walking down the road with a flat-screen TV in their hand and then you see a shop window broken and you're going to go in."

He told me was sorry for the people whose shop he took things from and admitted his big failure was he didn't think twice before entering the shop. Thinking back, if I was 17 and saw people taking things, I might think that's a normal type of thing and join in but I don't think so - I think I would have stood away. I can understand the other side but I can't understand them burning the shop down as they didn't get anything out of it. It's just wanton destruction. These people got into trouble very early on in their lives and they need people to pull them out of it, like Pat Reid, a local community leader and business man and Tony Harrison, community leader, school governor and mentor.

Pat and Tony invited me to hand out a sports award at their Black Youth Achievements Awards at a ceremony in Croydon. There were awards for business and enterprise, education, community and technology among others. £23m has been earmarked from a £70m regeneration fund allocated to the 14 boroughs worst affected by the disorder. The money will be used around its railway stations, in the high street and for several pedestrian crossings. was very impressed by two young achievers who I thought were experienced business people from the way they were talking but had to be informed they were up for a prize.

One young girl I spoke to went to a school where lots of people were excluded and she did badly at the school, but she had turned her life around and had managed to get to Oxford. Meeting the young people, it made me see much good being done by so many people. Every interview tells a different story. I was impressed, even heartened, by what many of the young people I met said to me. It's easy to get stuck in a "them and us situation". I believe that good always comes out of bad and this is so very true, as I am optimistic by nature. I think the future of Croydon and its kind people will prevail over a small bad element in our society.

After interviewing so many people, school children, rioters, looters, shopkeepers and people who were even afraid of reprisals, many who were still traumatised from that night, I thought that the appropriate quote was from the US President Roosevelt when Pearl Harbour was attacked: "This day will remain infamous in history". Well, 8 August 2011 will remain infamous in my thoughts forever. So how do I feel now? I would not have missed this journey for anything. And thanks to the BBC for giving me the opportunity to express my views. I do hope there will be a sequel to this programme in the future as I have so much more to say.

More suspects hunted over rioting in Enfield
3:10pm Wednesday 14th December 2011 in News

POLICE have released a new rogues gallery of suspects still wanted over the summer rioting in Enfield.

The 22 images from CCTV stills were captured in August when hoards of people took to the streets to riot and loot from shops in the borough.

The new batch of photos comes from 213 suspects the Metropolitan Police is still hunting for.

Detectives have urged anyone who recognises those pictured or have information to help the investigation to come forward.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/9417052.More_suspects_hunted_over_rioting_in_Enfield/

Fiancée of 'gangster' whose death led to riots is let off drugs charge with caution
Last updated at 11:22 PM on 16th December 2011

article-0-0F07AE3200000578-809_233x309.jpg

Let off: Semone Wilson, pictured with Mark Duggan, escaped with a caution after apparently being caught with a 'large quantity' of cocaine and ecstasy

article-0-0D5B1D7200000578-142_468x292.jpg

Spark: Duggan's death drew protests in Tottenham which in turn led to widespread rioting across London

The fiancée of the suspected gangster whose fatal shooting by police triggered the August riots has been cautioned for possessing class A drugs.

Semone Wilson, 30, was arrested on suspicion of possessing cocaine and ecstasy with intent to supply after police raided the home she shared with Mark Duggan.

It is understood officers discovered a ‘large quantity’ of drugs hidden in the scruffy garden at the rear of the council property.

If a court had convicted Wilson of holding the drugs and intending to sell them she could have faced a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

But it emerged last night that she was let off with a police caution after admitting possession.

Her punishment is usually associated with low-level crimes such as vandalism. The news comes as the Metropolitan Police remains under intense scrutiny over the circumstances of Duggan’s death at the hands of armed officers

Read more here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...death-led-riots-let-drugs-charge-caution.html

Jailed: Asylum seeker who targeted jewellery shop in Manchester riots
February 29, 2012

C_71_article_1486952_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Salim Mahamoud

A looter who raided a jeweller’s shop during the summer riots has been jailed after police found his fingerprints on a display cabinet in the store.

Salim Mahamoud, 21, was jailed at Manchester Crown Court for two years for burglary and theft.

Mahamoud, of no fixed address, was part of gang of thieves who ransacked Links of London on Exchange Street on the night of August 9 last year. Every item of jewellery on display in the shop was stolen on the night of the disturbances.

Mahamoud had been gambling at the Ladbrokes bookmakers on nearby Deansgate when rioting began in the city centre and made his way into the shop after the windows were smashed by thieves.

Gillian Crossley, defending, told the court Somalian-born Mahamoud was a ‘follower’ during the disturbances and hit financial difficulties after being unable to work while his asylum claim was under consideration.

He said: “He was a follower rather than a leader, who was swept along into the crowd and became involved in what occurred.

“Because of his asylum status he is unable to go onto further study or claim employment and he spends a lot of his time gambling to try and make money. During this time he was become involved with a bad crowd and unfortunately into low-level criminality.”

Mahamoud, who had connections to the Longsight and Beswick areas, was jailed for 14 months for his part in the burglary. He was also sentenced to a further 10 months on a separate charge of the theft of a bank card in July.

Sentencing, Judge Robert Atherton said: “You were one of many who took advantage of the ransacking of premises on the night of these large-scale disturbances. I have no doubt that when you entered the store you were after something of value for you to sell.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...o-targeted-jewellery-shop-in-manchester-riots

Beau-Isagba-532_1467698a.jpg

Beau Isagba

Mugger jailed for 7 years over 'Good Samaritan' attack

A TEENAGE thug who mugged a Malaysian student in one of the most notorious incidents of last year's London riots has been jailed for seven years.

Beau Isagba, 18, was filmed opening defenceless Ashraf Rossli's backpack and stealing his belongings after pretending to help him.

The incident was filmed and put on YouTube, shocking Britain and prompting widespread condemnation.

He was handed a prison sentence at Wood Green Crown Court today.

Mr Rossli, 20, had been in Britain for just a month when he was set upon as looting swept the country last August.

The accountancy student had been cycling to help a scared female friend when his jaw was broken in two places as he was punched in the face.

Isagba was found guilty of grievous bodily harm and robbery following a trial last month.

He had admitted a charge of violent disorder and two counts of burglary, all committed the same day.

The bad-boy poses of teenage thug who killed pensioner with one punch in last summer's riots then carried on looting

Darrel Desuze, 17, admitted the manslaughter of Richard Mannington Bowes, 68, on August 8 last year
He can be named after an order banning his identification was lifted
Victim's sister says she 'feels sorry' for killer
The pensioner had been plagued by yobs for years and was trying to put out a bin fire when he was punched and knocked to the ground
Mr Bowes died three days later from his injuries

UPDATED: 19:48, 13 March 2012

article-2113929-1225A410000005DC-916_634x439.jpg

Darrel Desuze admitted manslaughter and violent disorder of 68-year-old Richard Mannington Bowes, but denied murder, while Lavinia is alleged to have destroyed her son's clothing worn on the night of the killing

article-2113929-12255EFB000005DC-535_634x465.jpg

Darrell Desuze can now be identified as the rioter who punched Richard Mannington Bowes to the ground

article-2113929-12254CC1000005DC-538_306x580.jpg

Lavinia Desuze, arriving at Crown Court today, will stand trial next week accused of perverting the course of justice

article-2025079-0D6445BF00000578-887_306x423.jpg

Attacked: Richard Mannington Bowes, 68, was critically injured by the teenager during the riots in Ealing and had lived as a virtual recluse

The teenager who killed an innocent bystander with a single punch in last summer's riots was a violence-obsessed brute who liked posting pictures of himself on Facebook in 'gangsta'-style poses, it has emerged.

Darrell Desuze, 17, had also contemplated a career in the police force. He was one of a group of pupils who went on a school trip to see how police face 'extreme crowd order scenarios'.

He was said by his school brochure to have become interested in a potential career in the Metropolitan Police after the day out at the training centre in Gravesend, Kent.

However, a year later he was responsible for one of the most shocking events of the riots.

Powerfully built Desuze, known to his friends as 'Smokey', punched Richard Mannington Bowes, 68, knocking him to the ground and leaving him with brain damage after he banged his head on the pavement in Haven Green, Ealing, west London.

After delivering the fatal blow, Desuze carried on looting.

The 68-year-old was attacked at about 10.30pm on August 8 after being surrounded by a group of youths. He never regained consciousness and died in hospital three days later.

The photograph of Mr Bowes' unconscious body lying unconscious on the pavement became one of the most shocking images of last summer's riots.

Desuze, who admitted manslaughter and violent disorder but denied murder, can now be named after an order banning his identification was lifted at Inner London Crown Court.

Brian Altman, QC, prosecuting, today announced that his pleas were acceptable to the Crown.

Mr Justice Saunders then lifted an order previously banning publication of his name.

The killer, of Hounslow, west London, previously admitted burgling an Ealing branch of Tesco Express, William Hill bookmakers, a Thai restaurant called Fat Boys, and a Blockbuster store.

His mother Lavinia Desuze, 31, is to stand trial accused of perverting the course of justice by hampering the police investigation into Mr Bowes’ death next week.

Lavinia, a student at South Bank University, is alleged to have destroyed and disposed of clothing her son wore, and an Adidas bag, on the night of the attack.

She remained in the dock next to her son today as Mr Altman opened the case.

Among those seated in the public gallery at Inner London Crown Court today was Mr Mannington Bowes’ sister Anne Wilderspin, from Matlock Bath, Derbyshire.

Read more here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mits-killing-pensioner-London-riots-2012.html

David Ulysees

Christopher Ohene

Two more jailed as Lewisham police continue to hunt down those involved in London riots

DETECTIVES from Lewisham are continuing to hunt down and prosecute those who took part in last summer's disorder.

Two men have been jailed after pleading guilty to burgling the JD Sports shop in Catford during the riots last August.

David Ulysees, aged 45, of Sedgehill Road, Catford was sentenced at Inner London Crown Court on March 13 to 20 months imprisonment.

Christopher Ohene, of Eastern Road, New Cross, was sentenced at the same court on March 12. The 24-year-old was jailed for 16 months.

Detective Constable Kev Davies from Lewisham police’s Operation Withern team said:"The prosecution of Ulysses and Ohene shows we are still relentlessly pursuing offenders seven months on from the widespread disorder.

“The length of the custodial sentences also shows that the courts are supporting this police action. We continue to arrest and charge people in relation to the disturbances and criminal unrest that occurred.”

article-2113929-1225A410000005DC-916_634x439.jpg

I though they said Neanderthals had all died out?!. :confused:

553365387.jpg

Convicted: Shirine Akinnagbe

Tottenham woman jailed after admitting London riots burglaries

A Tottenham teenager has been jailed for 13 months after plain-clothes police spotted her stealing from mobile phone and beauty stores in Wood Green during the riots.

Jobless Shirine Akinnagbe, 19, of High Road, Tottenham, appeared at Wood Green Crown Court today where she pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary during the violent disorder on August 7 last year.

She was seen by undercover officers repeatedly taking items from the O2 shop and The Body Shop in High Road, Wood Green, and placing them in a big bag hidden in the street.

She was arrested at the scene, and was today sentenced to 13 months in a young offenders’ institute.

Back