Response to Comments on Anglo-Israelism

Hi,

I know very well that some Anglo-Israelite groups are supremacists, but the references to Herbert W. Armstrong concerning this are not on target at all.

I was in WWCG (Armstrong's Church) for 33 years, and I attended his College. I have been out of the church for 10 years, and currently have no ties to it at all. I know the teaching on Israel very well, and I know that supremacy was never even hinted at. All that was taught was that, as co-descendants of Israel, Americans were of Israelite stock, equal to Jews in God's promises to Israel. It is true that WWCG taught that many of the prophecies referred to the US and England (as well as some others), but this in no way was teaching that the white races were superior.

What needs to be considered in postings on this subject is that there is a wide spectrum of belief and interpretation, and many groups are truly extremists.
Believing in Anglo-Israelism itself, however, is not an indication of racial attitudes or superiority.

Off hand I did not recall any posts with references to Herbert W. Armstrong
(but then I have not read all of the thousands of posts over the last few years)
so I did a search of forum threads and found the following:

British-Israelism
Recognizing Christian Identity...
Anglo-Israelism: Meaning (information, definition
and a couple of other references...

All posts on this forum may or may not express the views
of the poster, the Editor or anybody else.

I've copied this post to the forum section

Christian separatism and white nationalism

http://www.newnation.co/ forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

The answer seems pretty clear in this case. Any enemy of America that sees a real threat to their power position is going to slam that opposition with labels to derail it.

Perfect sense.

Gary

Back