Racist message carved on store wall

Silverfern

Registered
VALPARAISO | Police said a black woman who works at a Valparaiso convenience store discovered Friday night that someone carved the letters "KKK" and "WP" into the wall near the store bathrooms.

The letters, which represent the Ku Klux Klan and white power, appeared during the woman's shift at Family Express on Silhavy Road. The woman told police she hasn't had problems at work, saying, "Everyone is friendly to me ... especially my regular customers."

Police said the woman is the same person whose car was marked with swastikas Feb. 27 in the 100 block of South Locust Street, which is near her home. The woman also reported that her car was dented near her home March 21.

Police said the latest incident at the store may have been captured by surveillance cameras. The investigation continues.

"Any time we have an incident like this it is disturbing and very conc
erning to the Police Department," Valparaiso police spokesman Sgt. Michael Grennes said.

Grennes is asking anyone with information about the latest incident to call police at (219) 462-2135 or the WeTip crime hot line at (800) 78-CRIME.

There have been other racial incidents reported in Valparaiso in recent weeks. On March 19, police received a report that someone had been spray painting racial epithets on a black couple's carport and apartment door, and had vandalized the couple's cars. The victims live in an apartment in the 200 block of Logan Street in Valparaiso.

On March 11, a 16-year-old black girl who attends Valparaiso High School told police someone wrote a racial epithet on her school locker. Police and school officials reviewed video surveillance and found who they say is responsible. Police said the suspect, a 17-year-old white boy, faced school sanctions and was being referred to the Juvenile Probation Department for potential charges.

Source

I got to say the young ones in VALPARAISO are active. None of this sounds like adult activity. :D

Back