Pope says jews did not kill Christ

Davy of old England

Senior Reporter
Pope Benedict has rejected the idea of collective Jewish guilt for Jesus Christ's death, in a new book to be published next week.

Tackling an issue that has led to centuries of persecution, the Pope argues there is no basis in scripture for the Jewish people to be blamed.

The Catholic Church officially repudiated the idea in 1965.

But Jewish groups say the Pope's detailed analysis of the gospels is a major step forward. A 'Historic moment'

"This is a personal repudiation of the theological underpinning of centuries of anti-Semitism," said Elan Steinberg, vice-president of the American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors and their Descendants.

The Anti-Defamation League said it was an "important and historic moment".

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12634176

I'm borrowing this from Bobbi Lea's blog since she supplied all the links. Pay her a visit at News Cottage Three:

Then the Jews shouted, "Kill Him! Kill Him! Crucify Him!" Pilate asked them, "Should I crucify your king?" The chief priests responded, "The emperor is the only king we have!" John 19:15

When they saw Him, the leading priests and Temple guards began shouting, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" "Take Him yourselves and crucify Him," Pilate said. "I find Him not guilty." John 19:6

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this Man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!" Matthew 27:24

From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this Man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar." John 19:12

"Let His Blood be on us (Jews) and on our children!" Matthew 27:25

After these things YAHWEH was walking in Galilee, for He was unwilling to walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him. John 7:1

For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill Him; not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:18

That upon you (Jews) may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Matthew 23:35

In the morning, the Jews formed a conspiracy and took an oath not to eat or drink anything before they had killed Paul. Acts 23:12

Just a few other Links for some historical, biblical documentation:

Pay no attention to Jewish myths or commands given by men who are always rejecting the Truth. Titus 1:14

"My kingdom doesn't belong to this world. If My kingdom belonged to this world, My servants would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. My kingdom doesn't have its origin on earth." John 18:36

Even that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there--false ones, really--who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations. Galatians 2:4

Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews (Judea-Judah) and are not, but lie-- I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you. Revelation 3:9

I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews (Judea) and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9

But ye (Jews) believe not, because ye are not My sheep, as I said unto you. John 10:26

Who is a liar but he that denies that YAHWEH is the Christ. He is anti-Christ, that denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who His children really are. Romans 8:19

For more information please read entire: John 8:31-47

Nobody holds the Jews culpable for Jesus' death. It happened as the completion of an ancient plan. The cause of all the trouble of the Jews is their behavior toward everyone else, the root of which is their Talmud - the oral code of the Pharisees put into writing over a period of some 1600 years.

Jesus himself warned us of them in John 8:44. Addressing the Pharisees he said, "You belong to your father the devil and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

Judaism and the Vatican (ebook)

000.jpg

Back