Phoney nigger preacher caught

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
bp11332.jpg

Cops collar con man posing as preacher

SPENCER

:( I don't know much about what the Holy Bible says about con-men like the above metioned, but I tend to think NOT to help such people.

When my friends call me a cheapskate for being cynical about others asking for my financial help, all I can do is laugh :lol: Men like Mr. Brown are everywhere, even going into Pawnshops and trying to get money from the pawnbrokers who work inside of them.

Last year, I gave a Mexican peso to a Mexican panhandler, so hopefully he could go back to his home country. My friend who was with me chuckeled and bought me a beer :Cheers: He said that was 'good charity work' that I performed.

A real talented con-man....Always be skeptical of anyone posing as a minister or "christian", especially in this day and age.

moto

Hi Moto,

Pretty much if it is a nigger asking for $$$$, you can be sure that whatever comes out of it's filty mouth is a total lie!! Niggers lie like you and I breath air, it comes naturally to them without even thinking about it!! Later.

Gman

bp11651.jpg

More people report being scammed by 'preacher'

Though no new charges have been filed, police are still reviewing reports about an East Spencer man who made his way around Rowan and other counties claiming to be a preacher in need of a few dollars to help with car trouble.

James Bernard Brown apparently has used that story for years in at least three counties, often collecting $20 and $40 for his troubles.

Brown tells people that he's a preacher and that his car (or van or other mode of transportation) has broken down and that he needs money to buy a belt for the vehicle.

That story, coupled with the man's
knowledge of people in Rowan County, led many to give to help his cause.

Brown, 48, of East Spencer, remain
ed in the Rowan County Detention Center Monday under $17,500 bond on three charges.

Spencer Police charged Brown on Thursday with resisting, obstructing and delaying an officer after he gave a false name to Sgt. Eric Ennis. Police had received anonymous calls reporting that the man was approaching people in the parking lot of the Spencer Food Lion.

Following the arrest, Brown was served with an outstanding warrant from Cabarrus County charging him with violating his probation and a Davidson County warrant charging him with obtaining property by false pretenses.

That's the charge authorities have said Brown may face in Rowan County.

A person guilty of obtaining property by false pretenses "makes a representation of a past or existing fact or a future event that is false and is calculated and intended to deceive and does in fact deceive another perso
n and the person ... obtains, or attempts to obtain money, property, services or some other thing of value" from the victim, according
to N.C. law.

The crime is a felony.

Salisbury Police Chief Mark Wilhelm said that Officer Vaughn Ruth will review all the cases that come in with the District Attorney's Office "and they will select the cases with the strongest evidence to proceed with," he said.

Wilhelm said he had personally received between 30 and 40 calls from people who had been in contact with Brown.

Wilhelm was not sure how many official reports Officer Ruth had compiled so far.

Following a story describing the man last week, the Post was flooded with phone calls and e-mails from folks who have fallen prey to the reported scam.

Some had only given the man a ride. Others, however, gave him the money he said he needed.

Brown was charged Thursday after an anonymous caller reported he was a
sking for money in the parking lot of the Spencer Food Lion.

Never give a nigger anything. Don't even talk to them.

T.N.B.

Back