Parent Upset Over KKK Game

Silverfern

Registered
By Kim Wilhelm (ANDOVER, Kan.)

A class project at Andover Middle School is creating controversy. The 7th grade students were studying race in the 1930's and could pick a topic to write a research paper. From the paper, they were asked to create a board game as another activity to show what they learned.

One student made a Ku Klux Klan game board with spaces that read "You forgot to clean your white robes and can't go to the lynching. You are punished. Move back 2 spaces." Other spaces read "The rope you are hung with breaks! Move forward 5 spaces."

The games were on display for a recent school open house. When parent Terica Davis saw the KKK game, she had to take a second look.

"I have no problem with the topic," said Davis. "I do have a problem with the way it was executed."

Davis says there must be better ways for students to explain what they've learn
ed than through a game.

"I think there was an opportunity to educate and it was missed," said Davis.

She says it's not a racial issue but more a matter of sensitivity. She compares it to making a game of the Holocaust or what happened on September 11th.

"You wouldn't want somebody to make a game about that," said Davis. "You wouldn't want to say ”�’you died on the 143rd flood, move back 3 spaces. If you had a family member who died, you would find that offensive."

The school says it's always looking for better ways to do things, especially when the topic is so important.

"The intent of the student or certainly of the school is never to offend anyone," said Principal Brett White. "So we absolutely want to make sure that doesn't happen in the future."

Davis doesn't blame the student or the teacher. She hopes it's a lesson for all students to respect history.

Source

KIGY!

Excellent story; of course this wouldn't have been in the news, and the student would have received high marks, if it weren't for our eternal enemy introducing, then harboring, hysterical NIGGERS in this once White town.

How about a version for adults? The individual or group who strings up the most jews, niggers and/or spics wins a new truck--that I'd like to see.

Andover seventh-grader's KKK project draws fire

80-kkkgame.embedded.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

An Andover family has contacted the Wichi
ta Branch NAACP about a board game created by a Andover seventh-grader that centered on the Ku Klux Klan.

Dante and Terica Davis, who are Africoon-Americoon and who filed the complaint, said they're not against students learning about the KKK.

The offense, Terica Davis said, stems from the student's board game captions. One read: "You forget to clean your white robe so you can't go to the lynching. You are punished. Move back two spaces."

"It was never a 'black' or 'white' thing," Terica Davis said. "It's about decency."

Davis, who has a child in the seventh-grade class, took photographs of the game at a recent school open house.

Attachments

• kkk1.jpg
    kkk1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
  • kkk2.jpg
    kkk2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
I think the board is great. Refine it, bit of red and white, and have it packed and ready to go for Christmas.

:cool:

:xburn:

I think the board is great. Refine it, bit of red and white, and have it packed and ready to go for Christmas.

:cool:

:xburn:

I'd love to have one for Christmas :D

Back