NYPD searching for armed rapper ‘Famous Richard,’ wanted for trying to take cops’ guns

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

NYPD searching for armed rapper ‘Famous Richard,’ wanted for trying to take cops’ guns​

By
Tina Moore and
Dean Balsamini

April 1, 2023 5:04pm
Updated

A brazen Chicago gangbanger wanted for trying to remove guns from cops’ holsters is daring the city’s Finest to come get him — and warning he’ll be armed when they do.
Richard Sharp, 24, who goes by the name “Famous Richard” on TikTok, has been posting clips of himself approaching New York cops as he tries to reach for their weapons.
The TikToker, a self-described member of the street gang known as the Black Disciples, has 12 arrests under his belt — including three for firearm possession and a “history of assault on law enforcement,” the NYPD has said.
As news spread that Big Apple cops were looking for Sharp — who posted at least three clips of himself taunting NYPD officers, he wasn’t exactly laying low.
“I’m not ducking no smoke, shorty,” he said in a Tiktok video posted Friday. He has about 3,500 followers on the platform.
In the clip, which has been viewed about 159,000 times, Sharp pats his side as if he were carrying a weapon and adds, “They’re talking about NYPD out looking for me ok…I’m gonna keep that thing with me too shorty.”
He references “King David” in the footage, aka Davis Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples.
The NYPD put out a safety alert to officers this week, warning them to “remain vigilant” if Sharp came their way.

Richard SharpRichard Sharp, who is wanted by the NYPD, has been taunting cops on TikTok.tiktok @famoussrichard2414241444 The NYPD alertThe NYPD put out an alert to officers regarding the antics of the aspiring drill rapper.
He’s posted at least three clips of himself trying to antagonize local officers.

In one video, Sharp reaches his hand towards a female officer’s holstered weapon.

“That’s a real Glock on your hip? …. Let me hold that motherf–ker” he says in the video, prompting the officer to warn him, “Stop!”

TikTok of famous Richard“Famous Richard” has been posting clips of himself approaching New York cops as he tries to reach for their weapons. tiktok @famoussrichard2414241444 Social mediaThe word is out that the NYPD is looking for Sharp, aka, “Famous Richard.”
In another, he approaches a male officer in the subway, reaching out and saying, “let me see the Glock!”

“If you touch me bro, we’re going to have a problem,” the officer tells him.

Another troubling video shows an Asian NYPD cop being peppered with racist taunts by Sharp in Times Square this week.

Sharp hasn't been laying low.Sharp posted at least three clips of himself taunting NYPD officers.
The cop can be seen repeatedly asking Sharp to “move his hand” as the creep waves a finger in the officer’s face while unleashing a racist verbal attack.

“Get back, Bruce Lee-looking man,” Sharp tells the officer, adding, “Stop playing me, shorty before I do that to your ass.”

The NYPD safety alert warned that sharp has been “terrorizing” cops, “trying to grab their weapons and invading personal space.

“All [cops] should remain vigilant, maintain situational awareness and utilize safe tactics at all times,” the alert noted.

Video tauntsThe Chicago gangbanger is wanted for trying to remove guns from cops’ holsters.tiktok @famoussrichard2414241444 SharpSharp has posted at least three clips of himself trying to antagonize local officerstiktok @famoussrichard2414241444
“This guy is a punk trying to make a name for himself,” said a retired detective. “I don’t even want to talk about him because that just gives him more street cred. He is a sad nobody.”

Another officer slammed Sharp as a “little nobody,” but added, “cops have to be careful when people try to grab their gun. He needs to be locked up.”

The disrespect comes as officers have been retiring in record numbers.

Sharp smiles for the camera“This guy is a punk trying to make a name for himself,” said a retired detective. tiktok @famoussrichard2414241444
“The taunting of officers in public – which is harassment and obstructing governmental administration – are crimes that won’t be prosecuted in all five borough DA’s offices,” said retired NYPD Lt. John D. Macari, 42, who left the job after 18 years last year.

“The lack of respect for police in New York City — from perpetrators to elected officials — is a major contributing factor to the mass exodus occurring with the NYPD,” he added.

“It’s not a good plan and he’s going to have a whole different outlook when he’s caught,” Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD sergeant and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said of Sharp.

W

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts was urged to call NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Back