Niggers drown mo' dan whitey

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ng-lessons-to-cut-back-on-children-drownings/

‘Swimming Should Not Be A Privilege’: Swim Club Takes Aim At Limiting Children Drownings, Particularly Among African Americans
By Natasha Brown
June 27, 2019 at 6:53 pm

YEADON, Pa. (CBS) — Accidental drownings are always a major concern this time of the year during pool season, especially for African American children, with the drowning rate being substantially higher. Eyewitness News spoke with one local swim club trying to cut down on some startling statistics while teaching vital lessons along the way.

Thursday was a hot and steamy summer day, perfect for swimming lessons.

The Nile Swim Club in Yeadon is offering a free swim clinic to combat childhood drowning. It’s the country’s only black-owned and operated private swim club, born out of segregation.

“It was created 60 years ago. Six famblies got together because they were denied entry to other swim clubs in the area, bought this property and created a swim club that’s open for anyone and everyone to come and swim,” Lisa Ivery said.

This year, the historic club is starting something new, something life-saving for the children — the No Child Will Drown In Our Town initiative.

nile-swim-club.jpg

Credit: CBS3

“They’re learning a life-saving skill and like I always say, swimming should not be a privilege, it should be something that everyone is afforded the opportunity to do,” Ivery said.

Statistics show that in the U.S., there are more than 3,500 drownings every year — about 10 deaths a day. Even more sobering, the drowning rate among African American children ages 5-14 is three times higher than white children.

“African American children are consistently leading in those numbers, in terms of children drowning every year. We wanna change that statistic,” Ivery said.

Keisha Robinson is watching her 5-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter learn to swim, cheering them on poolside.

“My kids love the water. Once they learn these skeels, it kind of eases your mind,” she said.

Earnest kids learning vital skills and plenty of confidence along the way.

The Nile Swim Club is finishing up its first swim clinic, which was 10 hours of free swim lessons. There will be another open session coming up in August. You can find more info here.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ver-boyfriend-jumped-in-after-her-police-say/

Couple’s Bodies Found After Woman Jumped Into Delaware River, Boyfriend Jumped In After Her, Police Say
By CBS3 Staff
July 5, 2019 at 4:53 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police revealed new information Friday after a couple’s bodies were found in the Delaware River Thursday morning. Police say 28-year-old Anjania Patterson jumped into the river and 39-year-old Tim Siler jumped in after her, all while their little girl was inside a nearby car.

One of the many tragedies is the couple’s 5-year-old daughter was waiting in a minivan while all of this unfolded.

Eyewitness News spoke with Patterson’s mother and aunt Friday. They’re still in shock more than a day later.

anjania-patterson.jpg

Anjania Patterson (Credit: CBS3)

Police say the couple went to the waterfront around 2:45 a.m. Thursday morning. The say Patterson and Siler were talking.

Siler walked away and Patterson jumped in the water. Moments later, Siler jumped in after her.

Neither ever made it out of the water alive. Police say it doesn’t appear to be foul play and neither were pushed into the river.

“It’s just a tragedy that I don’t think I will ever get through because there’s nothing like losing a child,” Patterson’s mother, Denise Johnson, said.

Patterson’s family says the tough job now is telling a young girl both of her parents are dead.

“She lost both parents and it’s just a traumatic experience,” Sandra Johnson, Patterson’s ont, said. “I can’t even fathom telling her, but we’re all going to get together and we have to be strong for her.”

“We can talk about heaven, that they went up to heaven and everything but can a 5-year-old really understand?” Johnson added.

Patterson’s family says there was a history of domestic violence and that she was likely trying to get away from him. They have a message for others in similar situations.

“Anybody that’s in an abusive relationship, get out. Get out, regardless of what, get out,” Johnson said.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/police-identify-far-rockaway-drowning-victims-as-long-island-couple/

Police identify Far Rockaway drowning victims as Long Island couple
By Kevin Sheehan and Stephanie Pagones
July 10, 2019 | 10:01am | Updated July 10, 2019 | 11:29am

rockaway-drowning.jpg

The pair who drowned in the water off Far Rockaway have been identified as a Long Island couple who took a late-night swim during a pal’s birthday celebration, police said Wednesday.

Police recovered Umarie Chamble, 25, and Keylon Ramsay, 28, around 10:20 p.m. Tuesday near the shoreline in the area of Beach 9th Street near Seagirt Boulevard.

The victims, who share an address just over two miles away on Norton Street in Inwood, allegedly had been drinking when they decided to go for a swim, police said. When they did not return, their friend called 911.

They were rushed to St. John’s Episcopal Hospital, but could not be saved.

Police sources initially told The Post that one of the victims was teaching the other how to swim, which Chamble’s cousin Sharifa Martin later confirmed.

“She was trying to teach Keylon how to swim,” 33-year-old Martin said. “She was a really fun, loving, nice girl.”

Martin said Chamble, who had just turned 25 last month, was a home health aide who was also attending York College, while Ramsay held several jobs.

“He was so sweet,” she continued. “Always driving us where we needed to go. Taking care. He was a very nice young man.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/19/diver-finds-gopro-camera-containing-final-moments-of-man-who-drowned/

Diver finds GoPro camera containing final moments of man who drowned
By Lee Brown
August 19, 2019 | 10:33am | Updated

A treasure-hunting scuba diver in Tennessee found a GoPro camera — allowing him to share with grieving parents the final joy-filled moments of their son who had drowned two years earlier.

Rich Aloha was floored when he found Richard Ragland’s missing camera after the 22-year-old died in 2017 while diving in the Forest Falls Recreation Area, according to WSB-TV.

“I strongly believe that God led me to this GoPro because the only thing I saw was the end tip of the thumbscrew and everything else was just covered in muck,” he told the station. “I was going through the footage and I said, ‘Oh my God, this is the guy.'”

The camera’s footage showed Ragland smiling and laughing in the Marion County waterfall with his friends — his final moments before he drowned that day.

Aloha, who calls himself a treasure hunter, tracked down Ragland’s parents in Sandy Springs, Georgia, and delivered the precious footage to them.

Grieving mom Robin McCrear called it “an out-of-body experience” to see the footage of her son, who she said was “full of love, full of energy.”

richard-ragland-3751.jpg

Richard Ragland with his mother, Robin McCrear
Facebook

“What we’ve seen so far is Rich being Rich, living life to the fullest,” she told the station, saying they had not watched it all but hoped it may provide answers as to what happened.

They were touched by Aloha’s act of kindness.

“For him to go through his efforts to do his research, make numerous phone calls, he didn’t give up until he got in touch with us and that means the world to us,” she said.

The vlogger wrote on Facebook that his heart breaks for the family.

“I’m beyond amazed that God used me as a vessel for His glory to return such a priceless GoPro to the fambly!!! #Miracles happen and #Prayers really do get answered!” he wrote.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-...tigating-accidental-drowning-in-boynton-beach

Police investigating accidental drowning in Boynton Beach
Updated: 6:18 PM, Aug 22, 2019

BOYTON BEACH, Fla. — Boynton Beach police are investigating the drowning of a man they say fled from officers who were responding to a vehicle burglary Thursday morning.

The incident happened just before 8 a.m. when the Boynton Beach Police Communications Center received a 911 call about a possible drowning in a retention pond behind the Canterbury community off of High Ridge Road.

Boynton Beach Fire Rescue Dive Team responded to the scene at around 10:30 a.m. and recovered the body of 21-year-old Tariq Bailey of Boynton Beach.

According to a report, at 3:19 a.m. two black males were seen pulling on car handles in a parking lot on Quantum Lakes Drive where two cars were reportedly entered and rummaged through.

Officers arrived at the scene and found the suspects walking northbound inside the Quantum Town Centre plaza. Officers attempted to make contact with the suspects but they fled on feet, jumping a fence into the Canterbury neighborhood. Officers pursued the suspects, but lost sight of them when they jumped another fence near Northwest 7th Street into a densely wooded area.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office was requested to assist with a helicopter and the Delray Beach Police Department assisted with an additional K9 Unit.

Officers established a perimeter and Boynton Beach and Delray police K9's searched the wooded area but were unable to locate the suspects.

Boynton Beach Police discontinued the search at 4:58 a.m.

The report states that 20-year-old Ayrton Errol Clouden Jr. of Boynton Beach told detectives that he and Bailey went into the pond and hid from officers following the vehicle burglaries. Clouden said he got out of the water, however, Bailey went under and failed to resurface.:D

Clouden was taken to the Palm Beach County Jail and charged with burglary to a conveyance.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...Missing-in-Jersey-Shore-Water--559154261.html

15-Year-Old Swimmer Missing Overnight in Jersey Shore Water
Published 26 minutes ago | Updated 14 minutes ago

Authorities say lifeguards and police responded to a report of two juvenile swimmers in distress at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday off Spring Lake beach in Monmouth County.

Police say a bystander and lifeguards rescued a young girl, but 15-year-old Josiah Jeremiah Robison of Ewing could not be found.

Authorities closed the beach as dozens of emergency responders searched for the missing teenager.

Between 75 and 80 lifeguards from neighboring towns also joined the search with help from Coast Guard and Manasquan rescue vessels, a state police helicopter and first responders on jet skis.

A state police marine unit was to resume searching Monday as local police patrolled the shoreline.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...-Swimmer-Found-at-Jersey-Shore-559352141.html

Body of Missing 15-Year-Old Swimmer Found at Jersey Shore
Published Sep 4, 2019 at 8:21 AM | Updated 35 minutes ago

Rescue crews recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy who went missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach Sunday.

Lifeguards and police first responded to a report of two juvenile swimmers in distress at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday off Spring Lake beach in Monmouth County.

Police say a bystander and lifeguards rescued a young girl, but 15-year-old Josiah Jeremiah Robison of Ewing could not be found.

Spring Lake police recovered his body on Pitney Avenue Beach Wednesday morning, authorities confirmed.

Between 75 and 80 lifeguards from neighboring towns had joined the search with help from Coast Guard and Manasquan rescue vessels, a state police helicopter and first responders on jet skis.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/03/baby-brain-dead-after-being-left-in-harlem-bath-tub/

Baby brain-dead after being left in Harlem bathtub
By Tina Moore and Craig McCarthy
September 3, 2019 | 2:32pm | Updated

An 8-month-old Harlem girl was in grave condition Tuesday with no brain function after her mother left her unattended in a filling bathtub, police sources said.

The infant, whose name wasn’t released :mad:, was found face down in the water around 4:30 p.m. Monday in an apartment at Frederick Douglass Boulevard and West 124th Street, cops said.

The mother told cops she had run the water after putting the infant upright into her bath seat — but then left the room because the water wasn’t filling up. She told police that when she returned, the baby was face down in the water because her seat had flipped over, the sources said.

The father tried CPR but the baby couldn’t be revived, cops said.

She had no brain function and was considered “likely to die,” according to police sources.

An ambulance rushed her to Harlem Hospital, and she was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.

Police were investigating possible child neglect.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...l-crash-devastated-about-loss-of-sons-nephew/

‘I Know Why He Did It’: Parents Of Brothers Killed In Deadly Delaware Canal Crash Devastated About Loss Of Sons, Nephew
By Matt Petrillo
October 7, 2019 at 6:30 pm

willis-lindsey-3.jpg

MIDDLETOWN, Del. (CBS) — The parents of the two brothers who died after an SUV plunged into a canal in Delaware on Sunday are devastated about the loss of their two boys and their nephew. They’re also praying that their third son’s body is recovered soon so they can properly plan the funeral.

Instead of Willis and Brandi Lindsey planning their three sons’ futures, the parents are now planning their sons’ funerals. They’re still trying to come to terms with how their big family of seven is suddenly without three of their sons after a deadly crash Sunday morning.

Five people were inside a grey SUV that veered off a narrow gravel road by the Chesapeake and Delaware canal and plunged into the water near Middletown around 9:40 a.m. Sunday.

Crews pulled the SUV out of the water on Sunday night.

“The vehicle was located, that’s the starting point,” Delaware State Police Master Cpl. Michael Austin said.

Eighteen-year-old Willis Lindsey and 16-year-old Kyree Lindsey are dead while 6-year-old Ethan Lindsey is presumed to have drowned. Ethan remains unaccounted for as Delaware State Police are using underway sonar to look for his body.

“It brought me to tears to leave him there,” Brandi Lindsey said. “We don’t want to wait three days to find our baby.”

The boys’ 12-year-old cousin Eric Lindsey also died in the crash.

The only survivor was a 16-year-old girl, who was Willis’ girlfriend.

She told Delaware State Police that Willis helped her to shore, then went back underwater to rescue his little brothers and cousin.

“I wouldn’t have expected him to do anything different. Knowing him, I couldn’t see him doing nothing different. He did what he was supposed to do as a big brother,” Willis’ father said.

But it was his final act of heroism. He never resurfaced.

“We would love to hold him and have him in our arms, but we do understand why he chose to go back,” Brandi Lindsey said. “If it was on our foot, we would do the same. He said he couldn’t live without them so he went back. He’s a big brother and those were his smaller brothers and his cousin.

“Even though he gave them a hard time, he loved them dearly. I just picture if it was me and I was in that place, I probably would have done the same thing. I know why he did it. I would have loved for him to stay out, but I understand.

“Pray for your kids, love them, tell them that you love them, tell them that you miss them because tomorrow’s not promised.”

Crews are searching for Ethan by boat, by land and by using special underwater equipment.

The search won’t stop until he’s found.

“They are searching up and down the canal banks, again utilizing the cadaver dogs, utilizing just a visual search from units that are on the boat as well as the sidescan sonar,” Austin said.

Police have suspended the search for the rest of Monday, but are expected to return to the canal to continue the search Tuesday morning.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/mom-wants-answers-for-son-found-dead-in-mumford-high-pool

Mom wants answers for son found dead in Mumford High pool
Posted: 6:33 PM, Mar 09, 2020

DETROIT (WXYZ) — A mom is asking for answers. Her son was found dead in a swimming pool at Mumford High School last month. She says he should never have been by the pool.:rolleyes:

Fifteen-year-old Da’Sean Blanding’s mom Christina Blanding, his grandma Chrystal Banks, and their attorney Johnny Hawkins held a press conference on Monday. They say they want answers. How did Da’Sean die? Was he bullied by other students before he was found in the pool? Was he attacked? Why wasn’t anyone supervising him?

Da’Sean’s mom said she never signed a consent form for swimming because he has special needs and her son should never have been by the pool.

“He didn’t have a consent form to be in there because of things like this,” she said.

She believes a teacher should have protected her son, but left him with other students in the pool area unsupervised.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/17/body-...dent-yasir-williams-found-in-new-jersey-pond/

Body of missing Rutgers student Yasir Williams found in New Jersey pond
By Joshua Rhett Miller and Craig McCarthy
April 17, 2020 | 1:03pm | Updated

body-of-yasir-williams-has-been-found.jpg

Yasir Wiliams NJSP

A body found in a New Jersey pond has been identified as a Rutgers honor student who vanished over two weeks ago, authorities said.

Yasir Williams, a 21-year-old junior at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, was found lifeless Saturday in a pond at Orange Park, according to a statement released Thursday by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office and Orange Public Safety Director Todd Warren.

Law enforcement sources told The Post there didn’t appear to be any foul play in Williams’ death.

Williams was reported missing by a relative on March 29. His manner of death had not been determined as of late Thursday, but a preliminary investigation found he died from drowning, authorities said.

University officials notified students of Williams’ death in an email Friday.

“On behalf of the Rutgers-New Brunswick administration, I offer my deepest condolences to Yasir’s family and friends for their loss,” Vice Chancellor of Students Salvador Mena said. “Yasir was a well-loved member of our community.”

Williams, who was set to graduate next year from Rutgers’ School of Arts and Sciences, was a dean’s list student :rolleyes: who was actively involved on campus, Mena said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes'_principle

Archimedes' principle states that the upward buoyant force that is exerted on a body immersed in a fluid, whether fully or partially submerged, is equal to the weight of the fluid that the body displaces.[1] Archimedes' principle is a law of physics fundamental to fluid mechanics. It was formulated by Archimedes of Syracuse.[2]

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/body-washes-up-on-venice-beach-after-shad-gaspard-went-missing/

Body washes up on Venice Beach where Shad Gaspard was swept out to sea
By Lia Eustachewich
May 20, 2020 | 8:01am

A body has washed up on Venice Beach, where former WWE star Shad Gaspard was swept out to sea by a riptide over the weekend.

Video taken at the scene early Wednesday morning shows authorities from the Los Angeles Fire Department and Los Angeles Police Department surrounding a lifeless body.

The coroner and a woman resembling Gaspard’s wife, Siliana Gaspard, were also seen leaving the location.

Gaspard, 39, was swimming at Marina Del Rey Beach with his 10-year-old son when they caught in a riptide, according to reports. Lifeguards were able to save the boy but not Gaspard, who police said was overcome by a wave.

Divers have been searching for Gaspard since, while his family has remained hopeful, calling him “a fighter, a warrior and a magical soul.”

Beaches in Los Angeles County reopened to swimmers and surfers last week.

The LAPD didn’t immediately return a message.

shad-gaspard.jpg

Shad Gaspard
Getty Images

Gaspard made his WWE debut in 2003 and was best known as one-half of Cryme Tyme with partner JTG.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/23/ex-dodgers-star-carl-crawford-speaks-out-about-pool-drownings/

Ex-Dodgers star Carl Crawford speaks out on pool drownings: ‘My heart’s heavy’
By Melissa Klein
May 23, 2020 | 7:24pm | Updated

carl-crawford-1.jpg

Carl Crawford
Getty Images

Former Los Angeles Dodgers star Carl Crawford is speaking directly for the first time about the two people who drowned in the pool of his Texas home.

In an Instagram post Saturday, Crawford wrote “My Hearts (sic) Heavy. The tragic events that occurred at my home will be with me forever. I’m at a loss for words. I’ve struggled all week to manage my emotions and I keep thinking of the families of those who’ve passed and their grief, I know they have it the hardest. They are the first and last thing I think of these days. Please keep them in your prayers, I know they will always be in mine.”

imrs.php

Bethany Lartigue, 25, a professional football player who lived in Dallas, died May 17 after jumping into the pool at Crawford’s Houston home to save a struggling 5-year-old boy who was not related to her, her brother told the Houston Chronicle.

Crawford, 38, had been hosting a party at his home when the tragedy happened.

The former All-Star player for the LA Dodgers, Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays — had told The Post through a rep Monday that he was in “complete shock” over the tragedy.

“This weekend, a terrible accident occurred at my residence resulting in the tragic loss of two precious lives. It’s devastating, I’m in complete shock and don’t really know how to move forward in this moment because my heart aches so deeply for the families,” Crawford said in the statement.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...end-day-before-set-to-graduate-middle-school/

Family: 15-Year-Old Boy Dies Trying To Rescue Best Friend Day Before 8th Grade Graduation
June 11, 2020 at 12:39 pm
Filed Under:Local, Local TV, Philadelphia News, Quadir Beverly

PHILADELPHIA (CBS/AP) — Two boys died after a 15-year-old jumped into the Schuylkill River to help his 14-year-old friend who had trouble swimming, police said. A family member tells Eyewitness News one of the boys was a student and was scheduled to graduate from 8th grade on Thursday.

The incident happened Wednesday evening on the hottest day of the year, so far. Police say three teens went to the river looking for relief. The two boys entered the river at 56th Street and Eastwick Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia but never resurfaced.

That’s when the third boy called for help.

“One of the young boys who jumped into the river had some difficulty swimming. The second boy jumped in to help his friend,” said Philadelphia Police Inspector Ray Evers.

Police recovered their bodies several hours later.

The boys were identified as 15-year-old Quadir Beverly, who was supposed to graduate from S. Weir Mitchell Elementary School on Thursday, and 14-year-old Mekhi Massaquoi. S. Weir Mitchell Elementary School educates children in grades K through 8.

“He’s the type of kid who takes care of his brothers and sisters,” Annette Lawrence, Quadir’s grandmother, said. “He has one brother he’s really close to who is blind and he takes them out and watches them play. He’s that type of person that cares for people. So when he seen his best friend fall in, he would be the type that would jump in thinking he could save him.”

quadir-beverly.jpg

15-year-old Quadir Beverly

Massaquoi was a student at William Tilden Middle School. The District will make available grief counselors for students and staff at both schools.

“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Quadir and Mehki. We extend our heartfelt condolences to their families and their respective school communities. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with all who knew and loved these young men in the difficult days ahead. The District has been communicating with the families to provide support and assistance,” District Spokesperson Monica Lewis said. “We are also making available guidance and grief counseling service to students and staff as needed. The well-being of our students and staff will remain a top priority as we deal with the emotions surrounding this tragedy, especially during these days in which many people are attempting to cope with difficulties brought on my COVID-19 and the recent civil unrest.”

Police said the river’s strong currents can be dangerous for swimmers.

“The Schuylkill looks like a very lazy river but it isn’t. There’s a definite undertow in the Schuylkill River and they jumped off an area where it’s not permissible to swim. But they were young boys trying to have some fun, trying to cool off on a hot summer day, I kinda understand that,” Evers said.

CBS3’s Alexandria Hoff contributed to this report.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...g-2-friends-from-rip-current-in-ventnor-city/

‘He Gave Me A Second Chance’: Teen Dies Saving 2 Friends From Rip Current In Ventnor City
By CBS3 Staff
July 13, 2020 at 8:22 am

FS-Mug-Jalan-Alston-7-13-2020-7-38-19-AM.png

VENTNOR CITY, N.J. (CBS/AP) – A recent high school graduate from New York died over the weekend while trying to save two of his friends from drowning in Ventnor City. Friends of 18-year-old Jalan Alston say he jumped into the water, near Victoria Avenue, on Friday after he saw two of his friends being swept away in a rip current.

“Jalan Alston saved both me and Sierra’s lives from the rip current off the Jersey shore,” friend Jayda Smith said in a GoFundMe post. “He selflessly and almost instinctively jumped into the current after me, pushed me out and got me to shore. He then tried to get back to the shore with Sierra’s help, but to no prevail. He understood what was happening, grabbed her wrist and shook his head, then with a push sent her to the shore with me using his last bit of strength he had. It’s because of him that I am here, sharing his story to the world.”

Alston’s two friends made it safely back to shore. One of them then called 911, and the Coast Guard launched an intensive search for Alston that lasted for several hours before it eventually was suspended.

His body was recovered almost 24 hours later on Saturday by Atlantic City Beach Patrol.

“The family of Jalan Alston has some closure with his recovery and with that we need to start healing as a community and do our best to see this never happens again,” Ventnor City Police Department Chief Douglas Biagi said. “Please be safe this summer and only swim at guarded beaches when lifeguards are on duty.”

Authorities said the rough surf was spawned by Tropical Storm Fay as it passed through the region, and they believe Alston and his friends were caught in a dangerous rip current.

Alston’s friends have started a GoFundMe for his funeral expenses.

“He has such a beautiful soul and spirit, heart and mind. He gave me a second chance,” Smith said. “The proceeds raised will 100% go to his family to help create a beautiful funeral for him. Jalan will forever be in our hearts and our minds; we promise to make him proud. Rest easy, Jalan Alston.”

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...shed-while-trying-to-rescue-2-family-members/

Search Resumes For Ocean City Swimmer Who Vanished While Trying To Rescue 2 Family Members
July 13, 2020 at 1:04 pm

OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) – Authorities have resumed their search for a man who went missing after he swam out into a southern New Jersey waterway in a bid to rescue two family members. Jabed Ikbal, 24, of Clementon, was reported missing shortly before 7:30 p.m. Sunday along an unprotected beach in Ocean City.

Ikbal had gone in to the Great Egg Harbor Inlet, south of the Ocean City-Longport Bridge, when the fambly members started struggling in the strong currents, authorities said. The two family members made it safely back to shore, but Ikbal soon disappeared from view.

The search involving Coast Guard crews and local emergency responders was suspended late Sunday but resumed around dawn on Monday.

[Note: Ikbal is a BANGLADESHI name]

Last edited by a moderator:
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...scuing-family-members-in-ocean-city-currents/

Officials Identify Body Of Swimmer Who Went Missing While Rescuing Family Members In Ocean City Currents
By CBS3 Staff
July 20, 2020 at 6:35 pm

OCEAN CITY, N.J. (CBS) — A body found in the Great Egg Harbor Inlet has been identified as Jabed Ikbal, of Clementon. The 24-year-old went into the water on July 12 to rescue some members of his fambly who were struggling in the strong currents.

The family members made it back to the shore but Ikbal never resurfaced.

His body was recovered on Saturday.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-new...attery-jumps-into-bay-with-handcuffs-on-dies/

St. Pete man arrested for domestic battery jumps into bay with handcuffs on, dies

My-Post-1-1.jpg

Updated: Sep 7, 2020 / 09:07 AM EDT

TREASURE ISLAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A 33-year-old man being arrested for domestic battery died after he broke free from officers and jumped into the Boca Ciega Bay:) Sunday night.

The Treasure Island Police Department responded to a residence on 104th Avenue around 7:40 Sunday night in response to a domestic disturbance. When they arrived, they investigated the complaint and arrested Donnie Brownlow Jr. for domestic battery.

Brownlow was transported to the police department at 180 108th Avenue to await a jail transport van.

Detectives said while being escorted to the van in handcuffs, Brownlow broke free from the officer and ran toward Boca Ciega Bay and jumped into the water.

Paramedics from the fire department pulled him out of the water and performed CPR. Brownlow was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead around 9:40 p.m.

DONNIE KENT BROWNLOW
Custody Record
Age 33
Gender Male
Race Black

Date of Birth Sep 01, 1987
ID NumberA00817
Custody Status Date May 30, 2020 07:04 AM EDT
Custody Status Community Supervision
Custody Detail Under Supervision
Supervision Type Probation
Supervision Status Active
Begin Date May 29, 2020
End Date Nov 28, 2021

https://nypost.com/2020/09/12/body-of-missing-rockaway-beach-swimmer-recovered-on-shores/

Body of missing Rockaway Beach swimmer recovered on shores
By Dean Balsamini
September 12, 2020 | 5:34pm | Updated

chinnel-3.jpg

Chinnel Brown

Hours after learning the fate of her missing daughter, a heartbroken mom told The Post she cannot believe, “I’m not going to see my Chinnel anymore.”

A devastated Delrose McFarlane Bingham was referring to 21-year-old swimmer Chinnel Brown — who went missing in waters off the Rockaways Friday.

Authorities said the body of the Brownsville woman was found on the shore near Beach 136th Street and Rockaway Beach Boulevard at about 9:50 a.m.

“She was always so sweet. Always laughing. Always. Always always,” the grieving mother emphasized Saturday night from her Brooklyn home. “I’m not going to see my Chinnel anymore.”

The mom said she last saw her daughter on Thursday “because we were home that day together.”

The 21-year-old “started college, then stopped a bit” before becoming an assistant manager at an area Family Dollar store, the mom said.

The missing woman’s loved ones had held out hope before getting the grim news Saturday morning, a cousin said later in the day.

“We are trying to hang in,” cousin Stacy Ann Brown told The Post Saturday afternoon. “I was hoping they could find her alive. I don’t know … I guess it didn’t work,” she said sadly.

The cousin described the doomed swimmer as “kind person with a big smile at all times.”

Chinnel Brown was reported unaccounted for Friday, but another woman was saved, after police and firefighters responded to calls of missing swimmers off Beach 88th Street at around 7:15 p.m.

A surfer was credited with helping pull the survivor out of the water, police said.

First responders stopped searching for the missing swimmer around 9 p.m. Friday due to bad weather, police said. The search resumed Saturday morning.

Back