Niggers drown mo' dan whitey

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/duck-boat-tragedy-families-share-stories-of-loss-heroism/

Ticket mix-up led Afreakan Rockfish fambly onto doomed duck boat
By David K. Li
July 20, 2018 | 11:07pm | Updated

coleman-family.jpg

The Coleman fambly
Facebook

The Colemans cherished their annual fambly vacation.

Three generations of the Indianapolis fambly even posed for a group picture in Branson, Mo., moments before they boarded an amphibious boat and tragedy struck on the stormy waters of *Table Rock Lake.

Nine of the 11 vacationing Colemans were among the 17 killed in the Missouri duck boat tragedy, authorities said Friday.

While snapping the photo, the Colemans realized they had purchased tickets for another boat — one that could have saved their lives, a witness to the incident recalled.

The Coleman family then made the snap decision to get new tickets and board the doomed duck boat that would later sink into the depths of the man-made Ozarks lake.

“My heart is very heavy,” one of the two family survivors, Tia Coleman, told WXIN-TV.

“Out of 11 of us, only two of us surviving — that’s me and my nephew.”

She added: “I lost all my children, my brother-in-law.”

Belinda Coleman, Glenn Coleman, Horace “Butch” Coleman, Irvin Raymond Coleman and Angela Coleman, all adults, and children Evan Coleman, Reece Coleman, Maxwell Coleman and Arya Coleman, perished, family member Ingrid Coleman Douglas told the Indianapolis Star.

“It’s unimaginable,” she said. “I would never have thought I would have lost this number of people this way,” she told the newspaper.

Kyrie Rose, whose husband is a member of the Coleman family, said the family enjoyed their annual journey and get-together.

“They were definitely a very close-knit, loving family,” Rose said. “It’s really difficult to place an emotion on it. All of our hearts just hurt.”

From her hospital bed, Tia Coleman relived the terrifying moments when the boat capsized and she nearly drowned.

“And I was yelling, screaming and finally I said, ‘Lord just let me die, let me die, I can’t keep drowning, I just can’t keep drowning,’ that’s what I felt,” she told KOZL-TV. “And then I just let go and I started floating. I float to the top I felt the water temperature raise to warm.”

And before the survivor knew it, she was within sight of another ship.

“And when I saw they were throwing out life jackets to people and I said, ‘Jesus keep me just keep me so I can get to my children. Keep me, Lord,’” Tia Coleman said.

Others stuck in the sinking boat showed signs of desperation.

Hero grandmother Leslie Denninson, 64, died in the sinking — but heroically pushed her granddaughter up to safety, loved ones told the Kansas City Star.

The victim’s adult son, Todd Dennison, said his 12-year-old daughter, Alicia, showed him in the hospital how — as the boat submerged — grandma pushed her upward to safety.

“She said her grandmother saved her,” Todd said.

He later praised his mom on Facebook: “The thing [is] she truly cared about Alicia she helped to safety and I look at her as a hero!!”

William Bright, 65, and wife, Janice, 64, of Higginsville, Mo., were in Branson to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary when tragedy struck.

Bright’s sister Karen Abbott lashed out at the duck boat operator, Ride the Ducks.

“I think this company should have their ass sued off of them and every penny they made should be returned to every victim that’s ever lost their lives in this,” she said, sobbing in anger in the company’s parking lot.

Abbott went to bed Thursday night not knowing her brother’s fate.

“I knew nothing about this until this morning at work, when my boss was discussing the accident,” she said.

“Needless to say, I fell apart because I couldn’t reach them on cellphones.”

Another couple, from St. Louis, also perished in the capsize.

Friends of Bill Asher, 69, and his girlfriend Rose Hamann, took to social media to tell the world of the kindhearted couple.

Kelly Kientzy wrote on Facebook that Asher was her dad’s best friend: “Bill was always the life of the party and he was never without a story.”

bob-williams.jpg

Bob Williams

Steve Smith, a deacon at Osceola Church of Christ in Arkansas, and his son Lance, 15, died when the craft sank, according to the Christian Chronicle.

Smith’s daughter Loren was on board but survived, while his wife had skipped the voyage.

“My heart breaks, but I know where they are,” family friend Will Hester said of the father and son, “and I know I will see them again.”

The driver of the duck boat — Robert “Captain Bob” Williams — loved meeting people on his job.

“My husband was a man of God. He’d talk to anybody,” his wife, Judy, told CNN. “He made an effect on many lives. He would give up his life for somebody.”

Williams used to serve as an elder and associate pastor at the King’s Cathedral in Providence, RI, loved ones said.

“He was an outstanding individual and one of the most humble people I’ve ever known,” said friend Tony Krukow.

http://www.lex18.com/story/38764483/body-found-in-mediterranean-near-where-uk-student-vanished

Israel Media: Body Found In Mediterranean Is Missing UK Student
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 5:43 AM PDT

17301169_G.jpg

TEL AVIV (LEX 18) - Israeli media confirm that a body has been found near where a 19-year-old UK student went missing.

According to the Times of Israel, the body was found early Monday morning near the site where TeNiya Jones was swimming in the Mediterranean Sea on Saturday night with two other students.

Jones and two others were caught in a riptide near the shore. Her friends were able to make it back to shore.

The students called Israeli officials who initiated a major search and rescue effort. On Monday, a body that Israeli police say is the student washed up on the shore.

The University of Kentucky has made arrangements to send Jones' mother to Tel Aviv.

https://wreg.com/2018/07/30/mother-children-identified-in-mississippi-river-drowning/

Witness: Mother drove toward river before drowning with 2 children
Updated at 05:34PM, July 30, 2018

aisha-fair.jpg
aisha-fair-kids.jpeg

CRITTENDEN COUNTY, Ark. — The Crittenden County coroner on Monday confirmed the names of a mother and two children who drowned when their Jeep Grand Cherokee drove into the water at the Mississippi River on Friday.

Coroner William Wolfe said the victims were Aisha Fair, 26, and her children Charvon Lofton and Jattir Ragland. One child was 2 and the other 6.

The bodies were recovered Friday afternoon near the the last pylon of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge, he said.

According to the Crittenden County Sheriff's Office, Fair was involved in an accident on Interstate 40 just west of the bridge at 8:30 a.m. Friday. Her car struck an 18-wheeler's trailer, which caused her to leave the road.

The accident, however, didn't cause her to go in the water,
the sheriff's office said. After the wreck, she took off driving, and took a side road on the Big River Crossing walking trail. The unused service road went through a field.

Fair's vehicle went in the water six-tenths of a mile from where the original accident occurred.

“They don’t know if it was intentional to go toward the water but that’s where she ended up," a spokesman with the sheriff's office said. "As a result, they died.”

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...uck-Boat-Victim-Family-Lawsuit-489511221.html

Fambly of Victims in Duck Boat Sinking Plays Da Ghetto Lottery, Sues for $100 Million
"This tragedy was the predictable and predicted result of decades of unacceptable, greed-driven, and willful ignorance of safety"
By Margaret Stafford
Published at 10:53 AM EDT on Jul 30, 2018 | Updated at 5:22 PM EDT on Jul 30, 2018

The owners and operators of a tourist boat that sank this month in Missouri, killing 17 people, put profits over people's safety when they decided to put the Ride the Ducks boat on a lake despite design problems and warnings of severe weather, a lawsuit alleges.

The lawsuit filed Sunday in U.S. District Court in Kansas City seeks $100 million in damages on behalf of two of nine members of an Indiana family who died when the tourist boat sank July 19 at Table Rock Lake near Branson. Others killed were from Arkansas, Illinois and Missouri.

"This tragedy was the predictable and predicted result of decades of unacceptable, greed-driven, and willful ignorance of safety by the Duck Boat industry in the face of specific and repeated warnings that their Duck Boats are death traps for passengers and pose grave danger to the public on water and on land," the lawsuit alleges.

Ripley Entertainment Inc., Ride the Ducks International, Ride the Ducks of Branson, the Herschend Family Entertainment Corp., and Amphibious Vehicle Manufacturing are named in the lawsuit, which was filed by a team led by a Philadelphia-based legal firm that has litigated previous lawsuits involving duck boats.

Robert Mongeluzzi, a Philadelphia-based attorney, said Monday the family's priorities are to find out what happened and to make sure "no one ever dies again inside a death trap duck boat."

Mongeluzzi's law firm won a $17 million settlement after two Hungarian students drowned in a duck boat ride in Philadelphia in 2010.

Ripley Entertainment remains "deeply saddened" that one of its boats sank but would not comment further because a National Transportation Safety Board investigation is continuing and no conclusions have been reached, spokeswoman Suzanne Smagala said in a statement Monday.

The lawsuit says the boat operators violated the company's own policies by putting the boat into the water despite the weather warnings. It also says the captain violated protocol by not telling passengers to put on life jackets when the water got rough and instead lowering plastic side curtains, "thus further entrapping passengers in the soon-to-sink vessel."

The lawsuit cites an August 2017 report from private inspector Steve Paul, who looked at two dozen of the duck boats. The report warned Ripley Entertainment that the vessels' engines — and pumps that remove water from their hulls — were susceptible to failing in bad weather. It also accuses the defendants of ignoring warnings the NTSB issued in 2000 that the vehicles, which are designed to operate on land and water, should be upgraded to ensure the boats remain upright and floating in bad weather.

The 2000 recommendation from The NTSB was issued after a duck boat sank May 1, 1999, on Lake Hamilton in Arkansas, killing 13 people.

When Robert McDowell, then-president of Ride the Ducks Branson, responded that upgrades would require significant costs, NTSB Chairman Jim Hall said the recommendations were made because the agency believed "immediate action was necessary to avoid additional loss of life." The lawsuit says the defendants ignored the warnings.

It also alleges McDowell designed and developed the stretch duck boats, including the Stretch Duck O7 that sank, despite having no engineering training.

The National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area including Table Rock Lake about 30 minutes before the boat went onto the lake with 31 people on board.

The NTSB said Friday that a preliminary review of video and audio recordings from the boat showed that the lake changed from calm to dangerous in a matter of minutes. The agency emphasized it had not drawn any conclusions on what caused the boat to sink.

The captain, who operated the boat on the water, survived and has acknowledged he was aware of the weather warnings before the trip, according to the NTSB. Another crew member who operated the boat on land was among those who died.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the estates of Ervin Coleman, 76, and Maxwell Ly, 2. Maxwell was identified by authorities as Maxwell Coleman after the boat sank.

The lawsuit accuses Ripley Entertainment and the other defendants of negligence, product liability, outrageous conduct, wrongful death, negligent infliction of emotional distress, and violating the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.

Maybe the negro can swim like a scollop.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4241991/

Swimming by reciprocal motion at low Reynolds number

Here we report a symmetric ‘micro-scallop’, a single-hinge microswimmer that can propel in shear thickening and shear thinning (non-Newtonian) fluids by reciprocal motion at low Re. Excellent agreement between our measurements and both numerical and analytical theoretical predictions indicates that the net propulsion is caused by modulation of the fluid viscosity upon varying the shear rate. This reciprocal swimming mechanism opens new possibilities in designing biomedical microdevices that can propel by a simple actuation scheme in non-Newtonian biological fluids.

ncomms6119-f1.jpg

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/child-in-hillsborough-river

Child dies after being thrown into Hillsborough River; mother charged

denson%20clean%20mug_1533299198123.jpg_5884157_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Updated: Aug 03 2018 08:27AM EDT

TAMPA (FOX 13) - A young girl died after being tossed into the Hillsborough River Thursday afternoon by a woman believed to be her mother, Tampa police said.

The little girl's mother was charged with first-degree murder later Thursday night.

Tampa police say 26-year-old Shakayla Denson threw 4-year-old Je'Hyrah Daniels into the water around 4 p.m.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/shakayla-denson-kayla/

denson40.jpg

A photo on Shakayla Denson’s Facebook page.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/a...ar-into-river-in-an-attempt-to-kill-children/

Murder charges: Woman intentionally drove car into river near downtown Lawrence in attempt to kill children
Aug 6, 2018 - 3:00pm

Dingledine-Scharron-R.-296346-8-6-18.jpg

Formal charges have been filed against a Missouri woman who was arrested after allegedly driving into the Kansas River on Friday, an incident in which one child died and another was critically injured.

Scharron R. Dingledine, 26
, of Columbia, Mo., is charged with first-degree murder for killing a 5-year-old child intentionally and with premeditation, by driving a vehicle into the river, the complaint against her alleges.

Dingledine also is charged with attempted first-degree murder for attempting to kill a 1-year-old, according to the same complaint.

https://www.gofundme.com/amiyah-bradley039s-funeral

31904344_1533486187769991_r.jpeg

Amiyah Bradley's Funeral

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...y-found-floating-in-east-bay-canal/1366790275

Body of woman who went missing in late July found floating in East Bay canal
Updated: Aug 13, 2018 10:48 PM PDT

vlcsnap-2018-08-13-21h00m49s169_1534219256302_51706668_ver1.0_640_360.png

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) - The body of a woman who went missing in late July was found floating in an East Bay canal four days later, but her death is still a mystery.

Kreonna Smith
is from Pittsburg. She was last seen on Jul. 16 at around 10 a.m.

Four days later, the 25-year-old's body was found in the Contra Costa Water District canal near Driftwood Drive and Pacifica Avenue in Bay Point.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/14/body-of-missing-queens-woman-found-in-jamaica-bay/

Body of missing Queens woman found in Jamaica Bay
By Ben Feuerherd and Tina Moore
August 14, 2018 | 3:24pm

081418-missing-woman-feature.jpg

Anna Clarke

Police on Tuesday recovered the body of a woman reported missing off Far Rockaway over the weekend, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

The body of 35-year-old Queens woman Anna Clarke was pulled from Jamaica Bay about 12:15 p.m. by NYPD divers, who discovered she had trauma to her head, sources said.

The city Medical Examiner’s Office will determine her cause of death.

The woman, a Far Rockaway resident, was wading in waist-deep water in Jamaica Bay at Bayswater Point State Park with her husband at about 5:30 p.m. Sunday when she was apparently swept away by a wave.

A good Samaritan who was at the park tried to save her but was unsuccessful, police said.

NYPD divers have been searching for her body since she was first reported missing.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/13/missing-queens-woman-was-wading-in-no-swimming-area/

Missing Queens woman was wading in no-swimming area
By Tina Moore, Lorena Mongelli and Natalie Musumeci
August 13, 2018 | 10:00pm | Updated

queens-drowning-woman.jpg

A rescue worker during the search for missing Queens woman Anna Clarke (inset)
Wayne Carrington

The woman who vanished Sunday after being swept into Jamaica Bay was wading in waist-deep water in an area where swimming is apparently not allowed, police sources said Monday.

Anna Clarke, of Far Rockaway, told her mother she would be back soon when she and her high school sweetheart hubby, Dayle, headed to Bayswater Point State Park in Queens, less than a mile from home, fambly said.

Clarke, 35, was in the water with her husband near Mott Avenue and Point Breeze Place when she was suddenly overcome by the water current at around 5:30 p.m., cops said.

“She was walking in the waist-deep water with her husband. She tried to walk across the channel but started having trouble,” a police source told The Post.

A good Samaritan at the 12-acre park tried to save Clarke but was unsuccessful, police said.

The man grabbed her hand, but the current was too strong as it pulled Clarke under, sources said.

Grieving relatives gathered Monday at Clarke’s nearby home.

“She just loved life. She loved to travel. She loved the beach,” Clarke’s cousin Marceline Wright, 52, said.

“She was the sweetest person.”

Wright said that Clarke and her husband of five years had recently gotten back from Jamaica.

“My daughter spoke to her yesterday. She was happy and excited,” Wright said.

Clarke’s husband, the cousin said, is “numb” as rescue crews scoured the waters for Clarke again on Monday after searching for hours Sunday night to no avail.

Wright said that it wasn’t Clarke’s first time in the water at the park, which is made up of beachfront, wetlands and woodlands.

“They should’ve put a sign there that says no swimming. :rolleyes: I didn’t see anything there,” Wright said. “I didn’t know it was dangerous.”

Clarke’s distraught mother, Miriam, said she saw Clarke and Dayle — who both work in marketing — before they left for the park Sunday.

“They were both leaving and I said, ‘Where are you going?’ and they said, ‘We’ll soon be back.’ ”

Miriam said of the park’s shore, “The way I understand, that’s an area that people can walk across any time. But freak accidents happen, especially in the water.”

A rep for the state’s Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation did not respond to multiple requests on whether swimming is allowed at the park.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/ind...und_in_cuyahog.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Human remains found in Cuyahoga River belongs to Akron man who went missing two years ago
Posted August 27, 2018 at 5:15 PM

LaRon-Harris-2018.png

AKRON, Ohio -- Human remains that were found late last year by a fisherman in the Cuyahoga River have been identified as a missing Akron man, Akron police said.

The remains were identified as those of La'Ron Harris, 27, of Newton Street, police said. Harris' bones were found by a man on Oct. 5, 2017, who was fly fishing along the bank of the Cuyahoga River.

The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office examined the remains and put them through a series of tests before matching them to Harris' DNA, police said.

Harris was last seen Feb. 20, 2016, about 2:30 a.m. at the Lazy Gator bar in the Merriman Valley's bar complex. A friend, Kaila Watkins, who was 25 at the time, asked him for a ride home, according to police.

The two got in the car and Harris drove out of the parking lot onto Weathervane Lane. Instead of continuing on Weathervane Lane towards Merriman Road, Harris drove into an apartment complex driveway and crashed through a wooden barrier.

The car plummeted into the Cuyahoga River and sunk. Watkins told police they both escaped the car. She swam against the current to the riverbank and was unharmed.

Watkins told police she saw Harris swimming with the current, but never saw him again.

Relatives reported Harris missing two days after the crash and searched the river in the Merriman Valley following the crash.

The moment a missing teen disappeared in the ocean

https://nypost.com/2018/09/16/the-moment-a-missing-teen-disappeared-in-the-ocean/

The moment a missing teen disappeared in the ocean
By Kevin Sheehan and Tamar Lapin
September 16, 2018 | 11:14am

The teenager who went missing during a dip in choppy waters off Rockaway didn’t know how to swim, a friend told The Post on Sunday.

Lamine Sarr, a 17-year-old high school senior and aspiring model, had been playing the video game Fortnite with two friends Saturday afternoon when the trio decided it was too warm to be indoors and went to wade in the ocean.

“They were just gonna walk into the water,” said Ezra Cummings, 17, who has known the other boys since middle school.

But then, “they couldn’t feel their legs,” Cummings said one of the boys told him. “After a little while they couldn’t feel their feet touching the ground, [they] turned around and Lamine wasn’t there.”

One of the boys present during the outing told Cummings, “They could feel something pulling them away from the beach.”

“They tried to fight it,” he added. “They couldn’t. It pulled them out.”

Only one of the boys knows how to swim — and “barely,” Cummings said.

On Sunday morning, authorities resumed their search for Sarr, who was last seen off Beach 86th Street.

The “positive and cool” teen played in a band at Channel View School for Research in Queens and liked basketball and nice clothing, friends said.

“He liked the idea of people taking his pictures with fancy clothes,” Cummings said. “He wanted to be a model. He liked the idea of modeling as a job. That’s what he wanted to do after he graduated.”

Sarr was “always talking about graduation” and was looking forward to prom, said another friend, fellow senior Tnes Groves, 16, as she visited the area near Beach 86 with her parents Sunday morning.

“I know how loving he was and how open he was,” she said between tears.

Sarr’s mother is extremely distraught, Cummings said.

“She feels like his body is somewhere, washed up already, [that] somebody found him and rescued him,” he said.

“She’s not ready to believe he’s gone.”

Re: The moment a missing teen disappeared in the ocean

Well, we know where this story is going.

https://abc7chicago.com/off-duty-fi...rent-drowning-in-jackson-park-harbor/4265282/

Off-duty Chicago Fire Dept. captain dies in apparent drowning in Jackson Park Harbor

darrylmoore.jpg

9/17/18
CHICAGO (WLS) --
A Chicago Fire Department captain has died after he apparently drowned in Jackson Park Harbor Sunday night, authorities said.

Chicago Fire Captain Darryl Moore, 55, off-duty and attending an end-of-summer boat party was attending a party at Jackson Park Harbor in the 6500-block of South Richards Drive.

Moore stepped onto the pier for a moment, his friends thought he would be right back. When he never returned, they became worried.

It is with sadness that we report the death of CFD Captain Darryl Moore of Truck 40 who died from an apparent drowning at Jackson Park harbor while off duty

https://nypost.com/2018/09/17/mom-begs-rescuers-to-recover-body-of-teen-swept-away-by-riptide/

Mom begs rescuers to recover body of teen swept away by riptide
By Kevin Sheehan and Max Jaeger
September 17, 2018 | 1:29pm | Updated

180917-sarr-missing-swimmer-split-feature-image.jpg

Khalid and Lamine Sarr
Kevin Sheehan (right)

The mother of the Rockaway teen sucked out to sea by a riptide and presumed dead pleaded on Monday for authorities to find her son’s body, as investigators resumed their search for the missing boy.

“I miss him, I miss my baby,” sobbed mother Khadi Sarr, 51. “I’m begging you all to find my baby. I want to find my son. Don’t give up.” :niglet:

Her youngest son, 17-year-old Lamine Sarr, went missing Saturday evening while swimming amid turbulent surf conditions.

“We need to get help to send the body back to Senegal,” the mom said. “That’s the only thing I want … to send him back home.”

The high school senior was interested in modeling and played in a band at Channel View School for Research. He was weighing whether to join the Marines or go to college after graduation :rolleyes:, hiz fambly say.

Divers were out Monday continuing their search, NYPD officials said.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/17/baby-ripped-from-his-moms-arms-is-the-latest-florence-fatality/

Ugly little niglet ripped from his mom’s arms is the latest Florence fatality
By Aaron Feis
September 17, 2018 | 2:35pm

missing-boy-tropical-weather.jpg

Kaiden Lee-Welch
AP

A 1-year-old boy ripped from his mother’s arms by fierce floodwaters in North Carolina became one of Florence’s latest victims Monday — as the devastating storm’s death toll may now be as high as 20, officials and reports said.

The lifeless body of Kaiden Lee-Welch was recovered by rescue workers Monday morning, one day after the tot and his mother were caught in heavy flooding while driving along a closed road to a relative’s home, the Union County North Carolina Sheriff’s Office said.

Kaiden’s mom, who has not been named publicly, was driving along North Carolina Highway 218 on Sunday when they encountered a barricade across the roadway, the office said.

The woman wove past the barricade :rolleyes:, later telling authorities that she thought the road beyond was clear because the barrier was pushed slightly to the side.

But they drove headlong into rising floodwaters so forceful their car was pushed off the road and pinned against a group of trees, officials said.

The mother managed to free Kaiden from his car seat and escape the car, but her child was quickly swept away in the deluge.

Rescue teams spent much of Sunday afternoon and night in a desperate search for the boy, but it wasn’t until Monday morning that the grim find of the child’s body was made near a flooded soybean field, according to The Charlotte Observer.

The death came within hours of a man being found dead beside a car amid receding floodwaters in Marshville, the paper reported.

It also comes on the heels of another young victim’s death: 3-month-old Kade Gill was killed Sunday when a falling tree crushed his family’s mobile home in Dallas, NC.

As Florence winds its way north, the rainfall left behind continues to pose a threat as rivers and creeks overflow to dangerous heights and bring on flash flooding.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/body-found-in-the-rockaways-may-be-missing-teen/

Body found in the Rockaways may be missing teen
By Stephanie Pagones
September 18, 2018 | 2:11pm | Updated

180918-missing-teen-body-found-feature-1.jpg

Officials remove a body they believe could be missing 17-year-old Lamine Sarr. Dennis A. Clark

The body of a young male — possibly the teenigger feared dead after he was swept away by a riptide — was discovered in the Rockaways on Tuesday morning, police sources said.

The corpse of a male fitting the description of 17-year-old Lamine "Rockfish" Sarr washed up along the shore near Beach 98th Street around 11:30 a.m., wearing black shorts and blue boxer shorts, law enforcement sources said.

The teen was pulled out to sea by a riptide while he was swimming with two friends near his home on Beach 86th Street — less than half a mile away — at 5 p.m. Saturday.

The NYPD has not yet confirmed that the body belongs to Starr, pending positive identification by the family.

The city medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/1...ks-calumet-river-hegewisch-sunset-bay-marina/

Police To Resume Search For 2 Men Missing In Calumet River
November 5, 2018 at 7:07 am

missing-men.jpg

CHICAGO (CBS) — Search teams will return to the Calumet River in the Hegewisch neighborhood Monday morning, looking for two men who disappeared when their car plunged into the water.

Police said, around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, officers found 26-year-old man walking near 136th and Torrence, dripping wet and confused. He was taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital, where he later told police he had been a passenger in a car that went into the Calumet River at the Sunset Bay Marina.

Surveillance video confirmed a red Pontiac Grand Prix had driven into the river at the marina’s boat ramp.

Officers spent most of a rainy Sunday searching the Calumet River for the other two men who had been inside: 23-year-old Devontae Searcy, and his 26-year-old cousin Demetrius Hendricks.

Searcy’s father, Darrick Lacy, paced back and forth at the marina on Sunday, as police searched the water.

“To be honest with you, I’m kind of messed up. You know, I’ve been crying all morning,” Lacy said.

The Chicago Police Department Marine Unit recovered the car Sunday afternoon, but Searcy and Hendricks were not inside.

“I’m hoping for the best, that they still find the bodies,” Lacy said.

The men’s family said they had been out Saturday night, and were heading home early Sunday when their car went into the river.

“It looked like a regular street, so they thought they was just going up the street,” said Searcy’s sister, Armonee Searcy. “I just want them to come home safe and alive.”

Police called off their search Sunday night, but planned to return after daylight Monday.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/youtube-star-etikas-death-ruled-suicide-by-drowning/

YouTube star Etika’s death ruled suicide by drowning
By Stephanie Pagones
June 26, 2019 | 11:59am | Updated June 26, 2019 | 2:01pm

etika-youtube-star-suicide-drowned.jpg

Daniel Desmond Amofah, better known as YouTuber Etika. Getty Images

YouTube star Desmond “Etika” Amofah, whose body was pulled from the East River earlier this week, drowned in what officials have deemed a suicide, authorities announced Wednesday.

Police confirmed Tuesday that the 29-year-old’s body was discovered shortly before 6:30 p.m. Monday in the East River near the South Street Seaport.

Amofah vanished on June 19, after posting a cryptic, 8-minute video to his thousands of followers, in which he spoke about his suicidal thoughts.

“I’m sorry for leaving such a stained legacy,” he said in the since-deleted video. “I hope that my story maybe helps to make YouTube a better place in the future where people know boundaries and limits and how far things should go.”

His belongings, including his New York state driver’s license, cellphone and clothing, were found the same day on the Manhattan Bridge, sources said at the time.

Anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts or tendencies is urged to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Back