Nigger witch doctor with a coat hanger

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Suspended doc: Didn't like doing 35,000 abortions

Photo of niggerian witch doctor at link!

A Jackson abortion doctor was suspended indefinitely Thursday by a state medical board following testimony that he did not like performing some 35,000 abortions but did so because he needed the work.

"I ask for your forgiveness," Dr. Malachy Dehenre said. "I don't want to be an outcast. I want to be among the medical community."

Dehenre, 54, of Laurel, had been temporarily suspended by the state Board of Medical Licensure since August. He had performed abortions at the New Woman Medical Center on Briarwood Drive in
Jackson, which closed in August.

The board followed similar action taken in December by an Alabama medical board th
at found gross malpractice in four abortions, including two in Jackson.

In one of the Alabama cases, a woman died 18 hours after having an abortion. Each of the women in the other three cases required hysterectomies to stop massive hemorrhaging from uterine perforations. The abortions occurred between 2000 and 2003.

Dehenre's attorney, Paul Mathis of Greenville asked the board Thursday to reinstate Dehenre's license so he could practice obstetrics and gynecology.

"Dr. Dehenre has spent the past, approximately a year, realizing he did violate the Medical Practice Act, and he has since been on the road to recovery," Mathis said. "He has not been gainfully employed. He has not been working during that time. He has managed to survive on savings."

Bo
ard members sat quietly as Dehenre pleaded for reinstatement, recalling his immigration from Nigeria, his practice in New York and the time he spent performing abortions in Jackson and Birmingh
am, beginning in about 1997.

"I found work in Jackson, and it happened to be an abortion clinic in which an obstetrician was needed," he said. "I needed money to pay expenses and education for my children. It was supposed to be temporary, but it turned out to be longer. ... I was in a position I didn't want to be in, but I needed work."

He talked about the abortion after which a woman died at Summit Medical Center in Birmingham.

"I was thinking, 'I didn't do anything wrong.' The patient was in trouble, and I sent her to the hospital," he said.

He admitted to failing by not meeting the patient at the hospital or relaying medical information to the doctor who treated her.

"The punishment they gave me was just.
It may have been harsh, but it was just. It was not my surgical technique they were concerned about, it was my ability to handle complications."

The Alabama suspension was ordered in December, and Dehenre told board members, "My Chri
stmas was ruined."

Board members met behind closed doors for 24 minutes before announcing their decision.

"We hope to hear from you at a later date when you get things straight in Alabama," Mississippi board president Dr. Dewitt G. Crawford of Louisville said.

Dehenre and Mathis would not comment after the hearing.

The board followed provisions allowing it to suspend a doctor when similar discipline has been taken by another state.

Dehenre must regain his license in Alabama before seeking reinstatement in Mississippi.

The Alabama suspension is for at least a year. Before reinstatement, Dehenre must pay a $20,000 fine, which he said he intends to do. He
said he has completed 130 hours of education in post-operative complications, despite only being required to complete 40. He also must complete and teach 12 hours in medical ethics.

Pat Cartrette, executive director of Pro-Life Mississippi, said, "I am pleased that the board made the right decision.
... What they did will keep women safe in Mississippi."

Mississippi now has one abortion clinic, which also is in Jackson.

Oogaa Boogaa Boo!

T.N.B.

Back