Nigger pleads guilty to shooting his own niglet

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Harry Lee Zimmerman
doc424237cbe6aa6914343122.jpg

”˜I had a child' -- Judge sentences father to life in prison, cites no greater tragedy than killing of infant

"I can't think of a greater tragedy" Circuit Court Judge Perry Buckner said before sentencing an Orangeburg man to prison on Wednesday for shooting his 5-month-old daughter to death. Harry Lee Zimmerman, of 235 Wannamaker St., will not see the light of day beyond prison bars after he pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count each of murder and assault and battery with intent to kill. "The sentence of this court is that the defendant is committed to the Department of Corrections for the remainder of his natural life," Buckner said.

The 40-year-old was further sentenced to 20
years for the assault charge. That sentence is to be served concurrently with the life-in-prison sentence.

Zimmerman's crimes were of such atrociousness as to shake the most hardened individual. In a community that expects 10 to 15 homicides a year, the horrific murder of "Baby Tamara" was termed "unspeakable."

"It's horrendous. I can't think of anything more evil than a father killing his own child," 1st Circuit Solicitor David Pascoe said. "This was about as innocent and perfect as you can be. At 5 months, you have never done anything wrong in your life."

Prior to Zimmerman's sentencing Wednesday, a flood of emotion ran through the courtroom as Buckner clarified the former Marine's history.

"Are you married?" Buckner asked.

"No, sir," Zimmerman said.

"Do you have any children?"

After a pause of about 10 seconds, Zimmerman replied, "I had one, yes."

"How old?"

"She was 5 months."

But the life of "Baby Tamara," as she became known to poli
ce, ended March 3, 2004.

The time was about 7:38 p.m. when a woman called police saying she was locked inside a room at a Wannamaker Street residence. The woman said she'd heard shots fired.

Even as officers arrived at the residence, a gunshot rang out. The baby's mother, Loshonta Almonds, ran from the rear of the apartment building screaming, "The baby! The baby! He shot my baby."

Zimmerman then rounded the rear corner of the apartment building and walked toward police. The subject was then ordered face-down to the ground, where he was handcuffed without incident.

Tamara Nicole Zimmerman, 5 months, was found about 25 feet from Zimmerman's front door. She had suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. Police say she died instantly

An officer on the scene described the situation as "unspeakable."

Accompanied by her own mother, 23-year-old Loshonta Almonds had gone to Zimmerman's residence to pick up Tamara. Zimmerman and the two women
then got into an argument over the infant. That dispute eventually spilled out into the yard, where it turned fatal.

Zimmerman swung a rifle at Loshonta's mother, Jeanette Almonds, who was struck in the head. She was then grazed after Zimmerman fired a Mauser 6.5-millimeter bolt-action rifle at her.

"He took the 5-month-old baby, placed her on the ground and shot it," Pascoe told the court. "The bullet went through her chest and came out of the head."

ODPS reports indicate that as police led Zimmerman to a patrol car after the brutal shooting, he seemed dazed, saying, "It's my baby. (I'm) loving to my baby. I killed the baby. They always want to fight over the baby. They will not (take) the baby now or fight any more."

In a press conference the following day, Orangeburg Department Public Safety Chief Wendell Davis said, "In my career, I don't know of another incident that compares."

Meanwhile, the charge of assault and battery with intent to kill was foun
ded in the non-fatal shooting of Jeanette Almonds.

"Do you understand the charges against you?" Buckner said.

"Yes, I do, your Honor," Zimmerman said.

"I don't have to accept this plea," Buckner said. "But if I do, life means life in South Carolina and you would remain in prison for the rest of your natural life. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do."

"Now, Mr. Zimmerman, how do you wish to plead?"

"Guilty, your Honor."

"Are you in fact guilty, Mr. Zimmerman, of murder on March 3, 2004, in Orangeburg County?"

"Yes, your Honor."

Zimmerman wanted to get the hearing behind him, Chief Public Defender Michael Culler said, in order that medical treatment could be sought.

"He's been HIV-positive for some time," Culler said. "He just wants to go on and get some medical help."

Three of Baby Tamara's relatives were present during the hearing, including the child's mother. But Pascoe told the court the family members did not wish to address Buckner.

However, the investigation
team of the ODPS felt a measure of closure could be realized with the result of Wednesday's hearing.

"We feel that justice was served," ODPS Capt. Mike Adams said. "And our thoughts are with the family."

In a press conference the following day, Orangeburg Department Public Safety Chief Wendell Davis said, "In my career, I don't know of another incident that compares."

I've seen worse.

T.N.B.

Look at the shape of the head on that nigger!

Now the taxpayers have to pay for his aids medicine? He should have at least killed 3 or 4 more niglets as a show of gratitude for his lifetime room and board and medical expenses.

Typical jigaboo ingrate.

Back