Murder Suicide leaves 7 orphans

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Two Dead in Homicide/Arson/Suicide

Canton is reeling from the city's first murder of 2005. Two are dead after a murder and suicide involving arson Sunday night.

Hundreds watched as Canton police took the first body from a top floor apartment on West North Street. Police responded to a hostage call, but when they arrived shortly after 7:30, they found much more.

"Why it had to happen to her, only God knows why," said Willie Diamond, who says his sisiter Patricia Diamond was killed by her boyfiend, Henry Handy.

"It's hard, it's extrememly hard, right now we're just looking for anwers," said Diamond. Police are investigating, hoping to figure out how the pair died. "Details are sketchy at this point it's still under
investigation," said Canton Police Chief Robert Winn.

Police say it is clear t
hat some children were in the apartment when the murder took place. Diamond was mother to 7 children. "15,14,12,9,8, and 1," said Willie Diamond, listing the ages of his nieces and nephews. "They're losing both their parents, not just one but two."

"Why, why, why?," echoed across the parking lot of the crime scene, as tearful faces look to police to answer the questions lingering on Canton's lips.

When this is confirmed, I'm moving it to the Mississippi TNB forum.

T.N.B.

Are there any white people even living in Canton?

I know a former white liberal chick that had her awakening there. She graduated from Delta State University (I think) with her psychology major. First job out of college was in Canton.

While she was in college, she just couldn't understand the racist attitude of the Family that she was marrying into (mine :) ).

After she had been in Canton for about three weeks, it was "Nigger this" and "Nigger that".

Now, she hates em; I mean HATES em.

Last time I talked to her before she quit for whiter pastures, she and the rest of her formerly liberal psych major types that worked in Ca
nton were of the unanimous decision that the city should be nuked, remaining structures should be plowed under the ground, and the land saturated with salt.

I just clicked on the Link you posted for WLBT. There I found a video, watched it and confirmed that, it is, in fact TNB".

Yep, it sho' nuff be negritude, but there was never any doubt.

T.N.B.

Investigation Sheds Light on Murder Suicide

The investigation of a murder arson suicide that left two dead in Canton Sunday, is bringing answers to a community still in shock. As details emerge, the families of those killed say some questions may never be answered.

"Why, why, why?," exclaimed those in the crowd gathered at 711 West North Street in Canton. Hundreds asking why Henry Handy killed his wife Patricia Diamond Handy, before turning the gunn on himself.

"Whatever had happened had already happened when I got up there," said Clora Handy, who was met not by her son, but by a note he left behind.

"He couldn't take no more, he was going to go where he could have some peace," said Clora Handy.

Police say Henry Handy shot
himself, after shooting his wife and setting their bedroom on fire. Quick action
by the fire department spared the letter [sic].

"He wanted me to take, you know, look after his children," said Clora Handy.

Patricia's parents are caring for her 7 children, ranging in age from 15 to only 1 year old. "Both families have to concentrate on the children becuase they don't have a mother, they don't have a father," said Willie Diamond, Patricia's brother.

Two of children were in the apartment when their parents died. The bedroom door where the murder suicide took place was locked.

"The youngest ones, they don't quite understand right now, but the older ones are helping them cope," said Willie Diamond.

The two families say they will also help each other get through their grief.

"I didn't know his burden was that heavy, or I would have tried to talk to him," said Clora Handy.

"Our grief goe
s out to the Handy family, because they're in the same situation we are [in]," said Willie Diamond.

Both the Diamond and Handy families are trying make sense of a trag
edy neither family had ever imagined. "He had a little temper but he didn't bother nobody,"[sic] said Clora Handy.

"What could cause this, only God knows right now," said Willie Diamond.

"We're all shocked, we're all just hurting," said Clora Handy.

As tears and questions linger, both families share a single priority: caring for the children Patricia and Henry leave behind. "Now instead of two families going against each other, we've got to come together as one," said Willie Diamond.

Funeral plans for Henry Handy and Patricia Diamond Handy have not been arranged.

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

Family: Note left before killings

Photo of fat mammy and fo' ub da seben niglets at link.

CANTON --Henry Handy was prepared to die and relieve himself of the pain in his life, according to a note family members said he left before killing himself and his former wife Sunday evening.

In the letter, Handy, who was employed at Love's truck stop, said he felt like he had "failed" and wanted to escape his "pain," said Willie Diamond, Handy's former brother-in-law.

Handy, 44, shot his ex-wife, Patricia Diamond, 34, in the head before turning the gun on himself following an argument between the two at his apartment on 711 W. North St., according to police reports.

After k
illing the mother of seven, Handy tried to burn his room down before shooting himself,
according to family members.

Police Chief Robert Winn did not return phone calls Monday, but said Sunday evening the case was a "homicide, arson suicide."

The domestic violence is the second such case ending in death in the metro area in a week. A Jackson man allegedly shot his estranged girlfriend and her two brothers before turning the gun on himself and slitting his wrists Wednesday. All but the girlfriend survived.

In Sunday night's fatal shooting, Teshara Handy, Handy's 10-year-old daughter, said she heard shots from behind a locked bedroom door. She was one of the couple's four children in another room when the shooting took place.

After hearing the silence that followed, Teshara said she called police then took her other siblings to a neighbor's apartment.

A neighbor then noticed fire coming from Handy's apartment. When firefighters arrived and e
xtinguished the small blaze, they found two bodies lying in Handy's bed.

Teshara said her father had given her the letter befo
rehand. She said she gave the letter to her stepsister and Handy's oldest daughter, Kenedra Williams, 20, who then shared it with other family members, including Diamond's brother, Willie, 36, and her aunt, Jeannie Rivers on Sunday night.

Handy and Patricia Diamond had been together for about 15 years. Diamond divorced him a year or two ago after he assaulted her when they lived in Pascagoula, family members said. He then came back to Canton. Diamond moved back last year taking up residence with her mother, Dolly Diamond, her mother said.

The couple hoped to reconcile, family members said.

Rivers said she long feared for the safety of her niece and disapproved of the reconciliation attempt. "I told her this man was going to kill her," she said. "I told her it wasn't going to work. He was full of evil."

Jessie Handy defended her brother, saying the couple was like any other married couple and had disagreements."He was a good brother. He loved his family."

"He did the best he
could do," said his mother, Clora Handy.

Rivers last memories of her niece was from Sunday afternoon when she hosted lunch for family members. "We had a good, blessed day, yesterday."

Dolly Diamond said Handy picked up Patricia Diamond and three of their four children about 6:30 p.m. Sunday after she agreed to see him. About 8:30 p.m., Dolly Diamond got a call that something had happened at the apartment complex.There amid the confusion, she learned her daughter was dead.

Now both families' thoughts turn to the seven children, ranging in age from 6 months to 16 years. Dolly Diamond said she'll take custody of the children.

Neither side wants to blame the other for what happened, they say.

"It's a tragedy for both sides," Rivers sa
id. "I pray for (Handy's) family, too."

"We just need all the prayers we can get," said Clora Handy.

Funeral arrangements were to be made this morning, Rivers said.

In the letter, Handy, who was employed at
Love's truck stop, said he felt like he had "failed" and wanted to escape his "pain," said Willie Diamond, Handy's former brother-in-law.

Failing is to niggers as swimming is to fish.

T.N.B.

Back