Man busted at JFK Airport for trying to join terror group: feds

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://nypost.com/2019/02/08/man-busted-at-jfk-airport-for-trying-to-join-terror-group-feds/

Man busted at JFK Airport for trying to join terror group: feds
By Priscilla DeGregory
February 8, 2019 | 7:17pm

A Manhattan man was arrested at JFK Airport for trying to leave the country to join a Pakistani terror organization, officials said Friday.

Jesus Wilfredo Encarnacion, 29, allegedly told an unnamed co-conspirator in November that he wanted to hook up with Pakistani group Lashkar e-Tayyiba, which carried out the 2008 Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people.

“I want to execute. I want to behead. Shoot,” Encarnacion told an undercover agent, the complaint alleges.

The co-conspirator connected Encarnacion with a “recruiter” to help him travel to Pakistan and be trained with the terror group, authorities said. But the “recruiter” was actually an undercover agent, according to a Manhattan federal criminal complaint.

On Nov. 9, Encarnacion told the undercover, “I f—–g hate Hindu,” and later about the deadly mayhem he wanted to create, the complaint alleges.

He also said that since the 9/11 attacks, he’s dreamed of carrying out a terror assault, the documents allege.

“The terrorist attack. 9/11. I want to be [the] one to attack,” Encarnacion allegedly told the agent Nov. 21.

He said he hates America and couldn’t wait to go to Pakistan, the papers said.

“US all infidels. With the king Trump,” he allegedly said Jan. 7.

Yes, I’d love to attack USA,” Encarnacion added, the documents state.

Encarnacion was heading to Pakistan on Thursday night before officials arrested him, authorities said.

He is charged with attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization and conspiring to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, for which he faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted.

Encarnacion appeared in Manhattan federal court Friday, when a judge remanded him.

A lawyer for Pink Carnation did not return a request for comment.

Back