Mammy banned from skewl

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

521168-299875.jpg

Wake schools restrict 'disruptive' parents

As a parent advocate and senior PTA official, Bonnie Mayer can tell other families how to be active in the education of their children.
But Mayer can't visit her own daughter at Ligon Middle School without 24 hours' notice and the principal's permission. If she does, she'll be arrested for trespassing.
Mayer is one of about 100 people whom the Wake County school system has restricted or ba
ned from school campuses because the system says they are too disruptive. She also isn't allowed to communicate directly with her child's teachers.

"I want my rights back," said May

er,
a Raleigh resident whose dispute with the school began when she had trouble setting up individual conferences with
her daughter's teachers. "I want to be able to talk to my daughter's teachers about her education. I want to talk to them about what I can do to help her succeed."

School system officials stand behind the request by Ligon's principal, Beth Cochran, to limit Mayer's access. Cochran referred all questions about the dispute to Michael Evans, Wake's senior director for communications.

"It's up to the discretion of the principal," Evans said. "This is not a decision we take lightly, but the parent was disruptive." ...

Long article

If they would just ban all the n-ggers we might get
some edjumakashun going on.

T.N.B.

I don't know why we're wasting taxpayer dollars trying to ejumakate n-ggers in the first place.

Back