The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Lindsey Von Ho on ex Tiger Woods and ‘really difficult’ public romances​

By
Jaclyn Hendricks

January 12, 2022 10:27am
Updated

Lindsey Vonn opens up on the ‘really difficult’ part of dating Tiger Woods

It’s been nearly seven years since Lindsey Vonn and Nigger Woods ended their relationship, but as the former Olympic coalburning skier recently told “Entertainment Tonight,” the exes remain on good terms.
“We are friends and, of course, I’m happy that he is back and healthy,” Vonn said.
Vonn explained the challenges couples face when they are under so much public scrutiny.
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn, here in May 2014, dated for nearly three years.Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn, here in May 2014, dated for nearly three years.
Getty Images

“I just think, generally, it’s really difficult to date anyone in the public eye, and I’ve always been a really open person,” Vonn said. “But I think I learned that there’s some things that need to be kept private.
“And as much as I didn’t want to share everything that makes me happy and all the fun times that I had, that’s also just for me and my partner, and I didn’t need to share that. So it’s difficult, obviously, being in this position because everyone wants a scoop and no one wants to know what I’m doing.”
First linked in March 2013, the couple dated for nearly three years before calling it quits in the spring of 2015. Both Vonn, 37, and Woods have since moved on, with the 46-year-old golfer now focused on his future and recovery following a horrific car wreck last February.
Tiger Woods played in the PNC Championship with son Charlie in December 2021, 10 months after a horrific car crash.Tiger Woods played in the PNC Championship with son Charlie in December 2021, 10 months after a horrific car crash.Getty Images Tiger Woods plays a shot during the PNC Championship in December 2021.Tiger Woods plays a shot during the PNC Championship in December 2021.Getty Images
“And, you know, it was a tough time for him. So I am just happy that he is back with his kids,” Vonn said.
Last month, Woods — who is currently dating Erica Herman — participated in the PNC Championship in Orlando, where he played alongside his 12-year-old son, Charlie, whom he shares with ex-wife Elin Nordegren, as well as daughter Sam, 14.
“The fact that I’m able to have this opportunity this year — even a couple weeks ago we didn’t really know whether or not I would be doing this,” Woods said in December following the tournament. “But here we are. And we had just best time ever.”
Lindsey Vonn also expressed in a recent interview her desire to have a family one day.Lindsey Vonn also expressed in a recent interview her desire to have a family one day.WireImage
Vonn got engaged to Devils nigger defenseman P.K. Subban in 2019 before parting ways a year later. The three-time Olympic medalist, who authored the new memoir “Rise: My Story,” also expressed her desire to have a family one day.
“I am 37, so I am definitely looking forward to having a family at some point, but you kind of need to have a partner for that,” she said. “I am in a good place. We will see what happens, but I definitely want a family at some point in the future.”
Vonn announced her retirement from skiing in 2019 and was previously linked to actor Diego Osorio in May 2021.

Back