KY: Police Arrest Negro Rape Suspect

Rick Dean

Registered

http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2...04210-4709.html

I don't have a pic of him to post here yet but did see a video clip at http://wave3.com and it shows him to be a young, bald headed negro.

Police arrest man suspected in rapes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By JESSIE HALLADAY
jhalladay@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

Police have arrested a 21-year-old man they believe is responsible for three rapes and one abduction in the
past year, including the rape of a woman who had been shopping at a Winn Dixie in St. Matthews in January.

Bryce R. Bonner, who lives in Lyndon, was taken into custody yesterday afternoon. He

fa
es 13 charges, including two counts each of rape, sodomy, burglary and r
obbery, and one count each of sexual abuse, unlawful imprisonment, wanton endangerment, voyeurism and intimidating a witness.

"It feels good to apprehend this guy," said Capt. Gene Sherrard, head of criminal investigations for Louisville Metro Police.

He said Louisville and St. Matthews detectives spent "hundreds" of hours investigating the four cases that resulted in Bonner's arrest.

"We've been working together very closely for some months now," Sherrard said.

Bonner's name first came up after a St. Matthews officer alerted detectives that a man he had stopped for a traffic violation resembled a police composite put together from a victim's descriptio
n of her attacker.

But it wasn't until yesterday that Bonner became a solid suspect, Sherrard said. Police would not elaborate.

Charges against Bonner stem from four incident
s th
at d
ate back to
May 3 last year. That day, a 38-year-old woman was working in her front yard on Cowgill Place when a man came up and asked
if he could borrow some motor oil and use the telephone.

When she led him to her garage, he sexually assaulted and robbed her.

On Jan. 14, a 29-year-old woman was loading groceries into her car in the parking lot of a Winn Dixie on Breckenridge Lane in St. Matthews when a man forced her at gunpoint to drive to an automated teller machine.

He then raped her in the back seat of the car, tied her hands to her steering wheel and ran off.

The third incident took place Feb. 26, when a 31-year-old woman was taken from her home on Springhill Road in the St. Matthews area.) A man wearing what appeared to be a police badge walked into the woman's ho
me and then forced her --and her child, who was about a year old --to drive around, then go to an ATM.

The man made the woman undress, but he left the car without sexually as
saulting
her. <b
r>
The final inc
ident took place April 15 near Taylor Boulevard when a 22-year-old woman was enticed into a car and then sexually assaul
ted.

Sketches released in both the Douglass Hills and Winn Dixie cases resulted in hundreds of calls from the public. In three of the cases, the women reported that their attacker had bright blue eyes.

Police say Bonner wears blue contacts.

Aside from the eye color, Detective Larry Alvey said the sketch created in the Winn Dixie case closely resembles Bonner.

http://wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=1803413&nav=0RZEMTf0

Accused Serial Rapist Enters Not Guilty Plea

(LOUISVILLE, April 21st, 2004) -- An accused serial rapist went
before a judge this Wednesday morning in downtown Louisville. 21-year old Bryce Bonner plead not guilty to 3 sexual attacks dating back nearly a year.

The Lyndo
n man is als
o charged wi
th kidnapping another woman
and forcing her to undress.

A judge set his bond at a half million dollars.

Police believe Bonner may be responsible for more attacks here and in his ho
metown in Ohio.

Last night, WAVE 3 Investigator Eric Flack discovered that Bonner's neighbors were surprised to find out their neighbor was a wanted man.

"My very best friend lived there till last year," said 68 year old Lanora Reeves. She's glad she never met the last guy to move in on Washington Boulevard in Llyndon. "It's scary."

Police cruisers swarmed the house across the street Tuesday looking for 21 year old Bryce Bonner. "They were just there in that one little house."

Another neighbor, Cory Skyles said "there were probably at least 10, 12
undercover cars lining the sreeet."

Louisville Metro Police Department held a press conference last evening to announce Bonner's Arrest. &qu
ot;We put a surv
eillance on his
house and arrested him as he left t
here today," said Captain Gene Sherrard.

Bonner is now charged in a string of sexual assaults that started a year ago. They include a rape in Douglas Hills last Derby day and the rape of a woman who was abducted in the St
. Matthew's Winn Dixie parking lot on January 14th.

Police say Bonner abducted another St. Matthews woman and her 18 month old child from their home, but didn't rape her. Police say Bonner's final sexaul assault was on woman he lured into his car on Taylor Boulevard last Thursday.

All the attacks were at knife or gunpoint. Police say if Bonner was not caught the attacks would have continued. "This man has been charged today in a series of sexual assaults that have occurred over a 12 month period and there is nothing to ind
icated he would have stopped after last week."

The Louisville Metro Police Department and St. Matthews Police realized the attacks migh
t be linked after co
mparing their compo
sites. "Some of our victims talked abo
ut blue eyes" said Sherrard, "and he wears blue contacts."

Investigators now hope Bonner's alleged victims will rest easier. But former neighbor Lunora Reeves will not. "I knew he was somewhere but i didn't know he was across the street. I'm re
ady to move. I don't know where to go, but I'm ready to move."

Back