KS: Bank hires bilingual staff to woo Spanish

Rick Dean

Registered

http://www.dosmundos.com/editions/Vol24-07...ess/bz-Beng.htm

Whatever happened to 'speak English or leave?'

Area bank hires bilingual staff to meet needs of Spanish-speaking customers

DouglassBank-web.jpg

Lupe Guerra Alaniz and Francisco Frank Rodriguez are on staff at Douglass National Bank to provide personalized service for Spanish-speaking and other customers.

With three facilities in the greater Kansas City area, Douglass Nation
l Bank is continuing its time-honored tradition of offering highly personalized customer service with the recent addition of bilingual staff to serve banking needs of the metropolitan area's growing Spanish

-speaking population.

Francisco Frank Rodriguez, customer service representative/teller, d
escribed Douglass as a bank of people. It's the people at the bank ' the employees who know everybody and help everybody-that make the difference.

Lupe Guerra Alaniz, business development assistant/customer service representative, echoed her co-worker's sentiments, our friendliness and being down to earth and the fact that we are bilingual appeal to persons of Hispanic descent.

Too often, Alaniz continued, banking can be intimidating because of a person's past experiences and language barriers.
Rodriguez elaborated that it is important for people to be understood and to establish a trust relationship. Both employees agreed that Douglass goes the extra mile to provide this level
of service for customers of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds.

Whether working with individual or business accounts, Alaniz and Rodriguez take time to listen to people, work with them an
d re
spond to their banking needs. They connect customers to the bank's many services including conv
enient checking and savings accounts, competitive certificate of deposit rates, the new debit card at home, auto and business loans.

Douglass is matricula friendly with a simplified identification requirement, Alaniz added.
Douglass also offers financial management classes to help familiarize groups of individuals with banking opportunities and options.

Douglass has deep roots in the community, Rodriguez said. The bank has continued in this unique capacity through the years and extended services responsive to community needs, particularly in the urban core. Outreach to the Hispanic community is very compatible and consistent with our mission.

Douglass serves metropolitan ar
ea customers at three locations: 1670 E. 63rd Street, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 822-8560; 1314 N. 5th Street, Kansas City, Kan., (913) 321-7200; and 4850 State Avenue., Kansas City, Kan., (913)
287-101

SPEAK ENGLISH OR LEAVE, YOU RACIST HISPANOVANDALS!!!

If that were my bank, I'd pull my money out and tell them why.

My bank reprogrammed my local ATM so I have to push a button to do my banking in English. I told them how pissed off I was at the change. Were they expecting my town to be invaded?

Yeah, bank of Amerikwa and Wello Fartgo do the same thing; you press 1 for English or 2 for Hispanovandal! Frill, let them learn the king's English for Guths' sake!!!

Back