Ho ho--Cal. Sen. Kamala Harris, running for Pres.--ancestors were slave owners of Jamaica plantation

Apollonian

Guest Columnist
Kamala’s Secret Revealed – Her Jamaican Ancestors Were Plantation Slave Owners…

Link: https://www.citizenfreepress.com/br...aican-ancestors-were-plantation-slave-owners/

Posted by Kane on February 24, 2019 11:14 am

Former MTV host Adam Curry discusses Kamala’s family owning slaves…

Kamala Harris is a direct descendant of Jamaican slave owners, that makes her a true Democrat.

Full Videohttps://t.co/QNoRIFvf7u#NoAgenda#Kamala2020 #Slavery pic.twitter.com/ILRXFAsisR

— Rob Dew (@DewsNewz) February 22, 2019

The problem with Senator Harris’s comments regarding reparations is her father says her ancestors were Jamaican plantation owners.

According to his book:

As a child growing up in Jamaica, I often heard it said, by my parents and family friends: “memba whe yu cum fram”. To this day, I continue to retain the deep social awareness and strong sense of identity which that grassroots Jamaican philosophy fed in me. As a father, I naturally sought to develop the same sensibility in my two daughters. Born and bred in America, Kamala was the first in line to have it planted. Maya came two years later and had the advantage of an older sibling as mentor. It is for them to say truthfully now, not me, what if anything of value they carried from that early experience into adulthood. My one big regret is that they did not come to know very well the two most influential women in my life: “Miss Chrishy” and “Miss Iris” (as everybody called them). This is, in many ways, a story about these women and the heritage they gave us.

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner (and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939 one year after I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).

Full story at News Punch… [see https://newspunch.com/kamala-harris-grandmother-plantation-slave-owner/ lots of neat pictures]

Kamala Harris Is Descended from a Slave Owner

Feb 26, 2019

Link: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/02/26/kamala-harris-is-descended-from-a-slave-owner/

RUSH: Now, this is kind of a funny story. There’s a column here at PJ Media by Megan Fox. And the headline of this: “Reparations Time? Kamala Harris’ Father Says Family Descended from a Jamaican Slave Owner.” Now, this is perfect because this points out the sheer hypocrisy and I think the genuine mental deficiencies of people we’re told are brilliant on the left.

Kamala Harris made some joke — the subject of whether she’s black enough came up, as it always does in Democrat presidential politics. Is she black enough? And then some black civil rights leader — and I wish I could remember who — I don’t remember who it was. But said of Kamala Harris, she got a white husband. This ain’t flying. She can’t get away, she can’t run as an African-American, she can’t run as a black. She’s married to a white guy. That doesn’t work for us.

It’s like they had debates over whether Obama was black enough ’cause he’s half white and did Obama have slave blood? He didn’t have slave blood. Does Kamala Harris have slave blood? She’s from Jamaica. Well, in her defense of all this, she told some funny stories about how, yeah, I’m from Jamaica where they smoke a lot of weed. Well, her father got livid at her. Her father blew up at her for creating this negative stereotype of people from Jamaica and let her have it in public.

And he’s done it again! Because Kamala Harris is on record as backing some form of reparations for slavery. In a recent interview — and I — sorry. I guess I keep mispronouncing her name. Snerdley, have you heard her name is pronounced? Is it Kamala? Kamala Harris? Yeah, that’s what I thought. But last week people were correcting me. “No, no, no, it’s not Kamala. It’s Kamala.” But, whatever. I just thought you might have the definitive answer on this.

“In a recent interview, Harris agreed with the host’s suggestion that government reparations for black Americans were necessary to address past discrimination.” She later affirmed that support in a statement to the New York Times. “We have to be honest that people in this country do not start from the same place or have access to the same opportunities.”

Right. And Bill Maher doesn’t want you to have — (laughing) — the left doesn’t want you to have these opportunities! The whole thing, they want to hoard all of this specialness for themselves. They don’t want anybody sharing this. At any rate, she continued in an interview on some podcast called The Breakfast Club.

“I think that we have got to address that again, it’s back to the inequities. America has a history of 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow. We had legal segregation in America for a very long time. The Voting Rights Act was only strong for 50 years and then they wiped it out with this United States Supreme Court in the Shelby decision, to the point that 22 states immediately thereafter put in place laws that one court found were crafted with surgical precision to have black people not be able to vote.

“So we’ve got to recognize … people aren’t starting out on the same base, in terms of their ability to succeed and so we have got to recognize that and give people a lift up. And, there are a number of ways to do it. Part of my initiative again around the LIFT Act is that same point — you lifting people up who are making less than a hundred thousand dollars a year. What I want to do about rent is the same thing. What we need to do around education and understanding disparities, what we need to do around HBCUs. But we have a history of racism in America.”

Her father, Donald J. Harris, wrote an extensive essay about the family’s heritage in Jamaica at Jamaican Global Online in January, claiming to be the descendant of a famed slave owner.

Her family! Her family is descendants of slave owners, not slaves! Kamala Harris’s family, her father writes an essay in January claiming, stating that his family’s heritage is the descendant of a famed slave owner in Jamaica! They have no history with slaves. Their descendancy is from slave owners.

He wrote: “My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939.”

And he goes on to describe how his family, he and therefore his children, are descendants of slave owners, not of slaves. In other words, Kamala Harris’s ancestors presided over a real plantation. Her family, her ancestors owned people. Her father’s out getting this on the record ’cause he’s not crazy about some of things she’s out there saying. And now she wants to preside over the Democrat plantation.

The first time her father upbraided her, she made some flippant comment about a stereotype of Jamaicans is they like to sit around and puff on weed all the time. And that really irritated him. I think he’s a professor at Stanford, if I’m not mistaken. It really irritated him, and he wrote a piece castigating her. This was just in the past two or three weeks. I think she’s got a whole bunch of publicity about her that is not actually warranted. I don’t think she’s that sharp on her feet.

But, anyway, all this stuff is coming out now as the Democrat campaign unfolds. And it’s gonna continue to come out because there are so many of them seeking the nomination. And they’re gonna be in a race to the extreme left. Do you know how many hypocrites are running around in that party? I know hypocrisy never attaches to them. But, man, if we ever get a flood of reporting about their hypocrisy!

Kamala Harris lied on her Financial Disclosures and is connected to multiple campaign finance violations

October 13, 2020 by IWB

Link: https://www.investmentwatchblog.com...cted-to-multiple-campaign-finance-violations/

[see documents at site link, above]

by Deplorable Patriot

Kamala Harris neglected to include all her financial information in her Financial Disclosure Reports(FDR) required by the Senate. Since her first day in the Senate until 7/8/2019 she neglected to disclose one of her pension plans. That plan is named “Legislatures Retirement System”.

It wasn’t until 7/8/2019 when she finally decided to disclose the pension plan.

While filing her FDR that was required of her at the time, she filed amended FDR’s for the years of 2015. 2016, 2017, 2018. The amended version filed far past the allowed deadlines. Years past.

The new amended versions now include the pension plan.

If a Senator makes a error or mistakenly leaves something out of their FDR’s, they are allowed to amend their disclosure report. They are expected to have the amendment filed that same year with a reasonable excuse.

This isn’t the case with Harris. Each year she made amendments to her FDR’s she neglected to include the Pension plan. She filed at least 8 times in 4 years and didn’t include the pension plan. She really doesn’t have an excuse for her negligence.

The following images are screenshots of pages from three current amended FDR’s.

Because of the size of the files I’ve only included pages from the reports that show the pension plan. For the same reason I’ve also left out the original FDR’s. Not to worry because I”ve included links to the original FDR’s, amended FDR’s along with sources to everything mentioned here today. These can be found at the bottom of the page.

As you can see all of these were filed at the same time and day in 2019.

It’s important to understand that a Senator can be charged with a crime if they fail to report any required information.

Having to amend the FDR every year makes a person question her motives. Withholding information then adding it on 4 years later is criminal.

The following is a basic overview of some of the Financial Disclosure rules.

“Public disclosure of a public official’s personal financial interest is often considered the key component to an effective code of conduct. The drafters of the original Senate Code of Official Conduct in the 95th Congress considered “full and complete disclosure” to be the heart of the Code of Conduct. Pursuant to statute and Senate rules, Members, officers, certain employees of the Senate (including fellows and government employees detailed to the Senate), and Senate candidates are required to file comprehensive public financial disclosure reports. The Senate has required public reporting by statute and by Senate Rule since 1978.”

‘Members, officers, and certain employees of the United States Senate, related offices, and candidates for the Senate are required by Title I of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended (the “Act,” 5 U.S.C. app., Section 101 et seq., also adopted as Senate Rule 34) and Senate Rule 41.1 to file Financial Disclosure Reports with the Secretary of the Senate, Office of Public“

“The Act gives the Senate Select Committee on Ethics the authority to administer the law for the Senate, promulgate the Senate Financial Disclosure Report Forms and Instructions, and issue advisory opinions regarding the Act for the Senate and related offices and Senate candidates.”

“In addition to any Committee action, the Ethics in Government Act authorizes the Attorney General of the United States to seek a civil penalty of up to $50,000 against an individual who knowingly and willfully falsifies or fails to file or to report any required information. Moreover, anyone who knowingly and willfully falsifies or conceals any material fact in a statement to the Government may be subject to fines, criminal prosecution, and sentencing.
See 5 U.S.C. appx. § 104(a)”.

I should point out that it doesn’t appear that she disclosed the pension plan when she filed her taxes. To be fair, it might not be required. I’m not an expert on taxes. I’ll provide a link to the tax forms she has released to the public. I should mention that the documents appear to be incomplete and there is no way of knowing if these are the actual forms she gave to the IRS.

*Tax forms revealed, Kamala Harris donated her clothes to Goodwill and used the receipt for a $15,000 write off on her taxes

It looks like Harris only updated her disclosures when she decided to run for president. This sort of criminal behavior is to be expected from Harris. If you were to look at her campaign at the Federal Election Commission(FEC) you would find that her “Kamala Harris for the People” committee and her “Kamala Harris for Senate” committee are connected to multiple Campaign Finance violations. The most frequent violation is for accepting donations from ineligible sources. Joe Biden has the same problems but by far more. I’ll discuss that in the near future. I should mention that many of the ineligible sources are the same in both the Biden and Harris committees.

Here is examples. Names have been redacted because of FEC laws.

If you look at the entry that is dated 11/30/19 the unredacted page would show that this is the same person. That many donations in one day should raise some flags. Sometimes there will be donations almost daily through out the year, from the same sources. That should also raise some flags.

Clicking on the names of the committees above will take you to the FEC pages I just mentioned. Just open the RFAI files.

*Closer examination of people/businesses on the receiving end of some of her committee disbursements will reveal that she paid at least one business that is using an address that comes up vacant.

It doesn’t matter how you look at it, Kamala Harris is a liar and a criminal.

Files and sources click here

Respectfully,

Deplorable Patriot

Kamala Harris Refused to Prosecute Priests’ Sexual Abuse After Church’s Lawyers Funded Her Campaign

Link: https://thejewishvoice.com/2020/08/...se-after-churchs-lawyers-funded-her-campaign/

In this June 27, 2019, file photo, then-Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., listens to questions after the Democratic primary debate hosted by NBC News at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Art in Miami. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson, File)

ROBERT KRAYCHIK (BREITBART)

Peter Schweizer, author of Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite and president of the Government Accountability Institute, discussed with host Alex Marlow of Sirius XM’s Breitbart News Daily on Thursday that Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), while San Francisco’s district attorney (DA), refused to prosecute cases of priests’ sexual abuse.

Harris was the only DA among those from the top 50 metropolitan cities not to lay charges against clergy for sexual abuse, said Schweizer, reflecting on Harris’s tenure as the San Francisco DA between 2004 and 2011.

Schweizer stated, “The numbers are pretty stunning. From 2004 to 2011, Kamala Harris was the San Francisco [district attorney] responsible for all prosecutions and the prosecution team in the San Francisco area. Between 2004 and 2011, she did not prosecute a single case of priests’ sexual abuse–period.”

MEMO: Kamala Harris Implicated in Hunter Biden’s China Energy Company Scheme

Mainstream media’s suppression of the Hunter Biden Scandal allowed Harris to fly under the radar about any possible connection to the Biden Family influence scandal

Link: https://nationalfile.com/memo-kamala-harris-implicated-in-hunter-bidens-china-energy-company-scheme/

Frank Salvato by Frank Salvato
— December 12, 2020

In a story that received next to zero coverage in the mainstream media, an internal email/memo from Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden’s brother, Jim Biden, to the hierarchy of SinoHawk Holdings, the partnership between the CEFC China Energy Company (CEFC) and the Biden family, cataloged a rich list of “key contacts” that included then-US Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), and other high-level Democrats and Progressives.

The memo was sent from Jim Biden to James Gilliar, Tony Bobulinski, Hunter Biden, and Rob Walker with the subject line, “Phase One Domestic Contacts/Project.”

You haven’t even begun to see the grift his family will run. She will be in on it. They have already been busy selling us out. But it will be 10 x worse from day 1.https://t.co/mw6ZZiRpjS

Covfefe Coffee

— Kevin McCullough (@KMCRadio) December 12, 2020

The “key contacts” listed in the memo outlining associations for Biden family business venture projects included:
◾Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA)
◾Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
◾Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
◾Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
◾Former US Senior Senator Al Franken (D-MN)
◾Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
◾California Governor Gavin Newsome (D)
◾New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
◾Former Virginia Gov. Terry McCauliffe (D)
◾Former Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton (D)
◾Former California Governor Jerry Brown (D)
◾New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio(D)
◾Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti (D)

As a byproduct of the mainstream media’s willful refusal to cover the story, Harris was never made to address the issue, let alone answer any probing questions into her possible relationship with the Bidens in this matter.

Hunter Biden’s business associations with several Communist Chinese nationals, according to the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance committees, have “resulted in millions of dollars in questionable transactions.”

As part of an investigation conducted by the committees targeting Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings, it was also discovered that Hunter Biden opened a bank account with Gongwen Dong, whom he described as an “emissary” for Ye Jianming, the chairman of CEFC, which bankrolled a $100,000 international spending binge with his uncle, Jim Biden.

Hunter Biden, admitted in a statement this week, that the US Attorney’s Office in Delaware has an active investigation ongoing into his “tax affairs.”

A government source with intimate knowledge of the matter told reporters that Hunter Biden is a subject/target of the grand jury investigation, indicating that the investigation is focused on the commission of a crime.

Now that nigger wants to be HNIC of what was once America! Great!

ROOTS: Kamala Harris and the WHITE Irish Slave Trading Business that Enriched her Family

Posted By: RumorMail [Send E-Mail]
Date: Wednesday, 7-Jul-2021 15:59:00
www.rumormill.news/176250

Link: https://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=176250

In Response To: British Offshore Banking’s Satanic Foundation in human trafficking & Rothschild-Parliamentary Immorality (RumorMail)

Kamala Harris has a much bigger slave reparations problem than 98.00% of the American white population, who's ancestors never owned slaves.

Back in the mines, the researchers are ready to show you what they have uncovered on Kamala Harris’ family history of being …. not only slave owners …. but SLAVE TRADERS in a very big way. We have also examined Harris’ genealogy and cannot find any “black” heritage in her recorded lineage so she needs to stop culturally appropriating the black American.

Kamala’s paternal ancestor Hamilton Brown was white and a ‘typical’ slave master that we see depicted on the Hollywood screen. He was Irish and recruited slaves among the Irish as well as the coast of Africa. He was a ‘Big Daddy’ slave owner and trader and a prominent town in Jamaica was named after him.

We are talking about Kamala’s family business of HUMAN TRAFFICKING is how Kamala got where she is today. Major human trafficking and slavery for whites, blacks, creoles.

Hmm, makes you wonder if Kamala is still involved in the family business and is a part of the human trafficking operation up and down the coast of California.

If you are a descendant of Hamilton Brown slaves, please see Kamala and her sister for your reparations check.

For now…a few nuggets.
Kamala Harris has a despicable Jamaican family attorney-plantation-owner heritage of enslaving many thousands of Africans, Creole and Irish men, women, children and babies as chattel property

Her great grandfather HAMILTON BROWN sent slave-ships to Ireland to lure his Irish slaves with lies, deceit and false promises–just like George Soros lures migrants along America’s southern border. Kamala taught him well.

Here are the certified names of hundreds of people Kamala Harris’s white, Irish great-grandfather Hamilton Brown enslaved.

Jeanne A. Smith, MD. (Accessed Jul. 17, 2019). A return of slaves in the parish of Saint Ann in the possession of Hamilton Brown as owner on the 28th day of June 1n the Year of Our Lord 1817, Excerpts From The Slave Registers, National Archives, London, T71/43, series, CO137/231-23, Despatches Apprentices 1838. Jamaican Family Search.

https://www.fbcoverup.com/docs/libr...maican-Family-Search-accessed-Jul-17-2019.pdf

Much more on link below:

https://aim4truth.org/2019/07/17/kamala-harris-and-the-white-irish-slave-trade/

The problem with Koonmala is that it's a product of bestiality--misceganation and thus it's a mess inside and out.

She will be worse than Biden!

Kamala Harris’ role in Afghan fiasco does little to dispel the idea she was a ‘diversity hire’

Link: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/532401-kamala-harris-biden-afghan/

Micah Curtis
is a game and tech journalist from the US. Aside from writing for RT, he hosts the podcast Micah and The Hatman, and is an independent comic book writer. Follow Micah at @MindofMicahC

18 Aug, 2021 15:21

Kamala Harris’ role in Afghan fiasco does little to dispel the idea she was a ‘diversity hire’

US Vice President Kamala Harris speaks remotely to the Generation Equality Forum in Paris from the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in Washington, DC, June 30, 2021. © AFP / SAUL LOEB

Eight months in as US vice president and Kamala Harris has two big failures to her name in the border chaos and Afghanistan crisis. It’s entirely right for people to question whether she deserves to be VP at all.

Merit exists for a reason. There should always be some sort of qualification when it comes to anyone who is picked for a job. There needs to be something that gives the impression that this particular individual can actually handle what’s in front of them. When Kamala Harris was announced as Joe Biden’s pick for the vice presidency, there were many people who were worried that she wouldn’t be ready for the job. Some considered her a ‘diversity hire’ given that she was notably unlikable as a politician, and were worried that she could prove to be more of a burden than a blessing. Less than one year into Biden’s presidency, and it’s becoming obvious that might well be the case.

Also on rt.com Biden & Harris are crass opportunists for branding the US as systemically racist while standing on George Floyd’s grave
Recently, Harris had taken credit for being a great influence on Biden’s disastrous decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan. That situation has now become an international embarrassment for the United States, and because she attempted to take the credit, it seems that – in the eyes of many Americans – she’s going to have to take the fall. It has been reported – from admittedly unnamed sources – that she was screaming “you’re not pinning this s**t on me” inside the White House. Whether that is true or not, what is clear is that Harris has been reluctant to address the American people about the unfolding fiasco.

Even though she has only been vice president for around eight months, this is her second massive failure in the role. She was given the responsibility of handling the crisis on the southern border by President Biden, only for the situation to get considerably worse. There has been no improvement at the border since she was assigned, nor has she visited to assess the situation. The best she could do was a speech telling illegal immigrants not to come to the US, which is clearly something few have listened to.

Now, it’s not as if Kamala Harris hasn’t had an impressive career in politics by any modern measurements of success. That cannot be denied. However, if you look at the field of Democratic presidential hopefuls for the most recent election cycle, she was very few people’s first pick for the vice presidency, mostly because of the fact that she had gained a reputation for having a bad attitude (as well as cackling like an inmate at Arkham Asylum every time that she was asked a question that made her uncomfortable).

And this brings about the question of why she was even picked in the first place. In my opinion, Kamala Harris is the perfect example of someone who has been hired because of their skin color, not necessarily because of her qualifications or suitability for the role. Given how much Democrats push for inclusivity and diversity, it’s clear that a politician like Harris checks a lot of boxes. She is both black and Indian, on top of being a woman. To those who observe the progressive stack, she is essentially a minority in three different areas. That seemed to take precedence with the Democrats, who were probably feeling awkward nominating yet another old white man.

But the problem is that Biden and his team have committed a big mistake by choosing her, because she is proving she is not up to the job. Her inaction and bungling has caused chaos at the southern border, and has now played a role in most probably dooming the entire nation of Afghanistan.

There have been other flawed characters who have been vice presidents in my lifetime, but Harris has already made major mistakes that will taint any sort of legacy she ever hoped to have. As such, in their desperation to appoint the very first black vice president – as opposed to waiting for one that merited the role – the Democrats have ensured that she will be remembered as nothing more than a punchline.

New poll finds a majority of Americans say Kamala Harris is unfit to become president

News Kickby News Kick-4 hours ago in News 0 comments

Link: http://www.tathasta.com/2021/08/new-poll-finds-majority-of-americans.html
  
Vice President Kamala Harris (D) saw even worsening favorability in a new poll as the Biden administration continued to get battered over the debacle in Afghanistan.Alternately, only 43% of those polled said that Harris was either "qualified" or "very qualified" to be president.

This is a 6 percentage point drop from the same poll conducted in April, where 49% of respondents said she was qualified.

The precipitous fall of support for Harris likely resulted from the humiliating collapse of Afghanistan as the Taliban took over the country from which the U.S. had once driven them.

Prior to the Afghanistan disaster, Harris saw her net favorability turn negative in July when more Americans said they saw her in an unfavorable light than those that said they saw her favorably. Only 45% approved while 47% disapproved for a rating of negative 2 points. Prior to that poll she had a net equal rating, with 46% approving and 46% disapproving.

A separate poll from July found that a majority of Americans, 55%, were pessimistic about the future of the country for the following 12 months. The same poll found that only 35% of Americans were similarly pessimistic in May.

The vice president has been criticized by some for being quiet during the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan after she was previously very vocal about her role in making the decisions that led to the debacle.

A scathing assessment in the Los Angeles Times argued that Harris had to "own" the embarrassing withdrawal in Afghanistan after trying to take credit for the decision to leave the country.

Harris had also been faulted for the massive failure of the Biden administration to curb the growing migrant population at the southern border after President Joe Biden appointed her to tackle the issue.

'She's the VP NOT the Joker': Meghan McCain slams Kamala Harris for LAUGHING at reporter who asked about Afghanistan crisis 'like she's walking onto a late night show'

 Women System  August 24, 2021

Link: http://www.womensystems.com/2021/08/shes-vp-not-joker-meghan-mccain-slams.html

Kamala Harris has been likened to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker by Meghan McCain after she was filmed laughing nervously moments before discussing the Afghanistan crisis.

'This may be some kind of real issue (like Joaquin Phoenix in the Joker), but she's the Vice President and she's [had] ample time and resources to media [to] train herself out of reacting to every SINGLE crisis like she's walking onto a late night show,' McCain tweeted on Monday, adding: 'She comes off so craven.'

In the 2019 movie The Joker, Joaquin Phoenix's character suffers from uncontrollable laughter, often at inappropriate moments. He was eventually driven mad and became the titular Batman villain.

McCain took aim after the Vice President faced a group of reporters as she prepared to depart for Singapore on Friday amidst the growing chaos in Afghanistan.

Harris she began to nervously laugh as a reporter started to ask her an urgent question, which she cut off, but assumed was about Afghanistan.

'Hold on, hold on, hold on,' Harris said before the reporter could finish.

'Slow down, everybody,' she said after a big laugh.

'And in particular high priority is making sure that we safely evacuate American citizens, Afghans who worked with us, Afghans at risk, including women and children, and that is one of our highest if not the highest priority right now.'

'And it's a big area of focus for me in the past days and weeks, and will continue to be,' she added.

A video of the exchange has gone viral on social media, with many claiming her laugh was inappropriate in light of the dangerous situation in the country.

Vice President Kamala Harris was filmed laughing at a reporter's question about the situation in Afghanistan

Former The View host Meghan McCain

Former The View host Meghan McCain (left) slammed Vice President Kamala Harris (right) on Monday after a video of the vice president laughing at a reporter's question about Americans trying to evacuate Afghanistan went viral

In a tweet, McCain compared the vice president's laugh to that of the Joker in the 2019 movie

In a tweet, McCain compared the vice president's laugh to that of the Joker in the 2019 movie

In the movie, the Joker, played by Joaquin Phoenix (pictured), suffers from a disorder in which he laughs uncontrollably even at inappropriate moments until he is eventually driven mad

It is not the first time Harris' distinctive nervous laugh causes her to be the target of criticism.

On March, Harris was blasted after she laughed when a reporter asked if she planned to visit the southern border amid the migrant crisis.

'Do you plan to visit the border?' asked the reporter before Harris took a flight at Jacksonville International Airport.

'Um, not today,' said Harris before letting out a laugh,

'But I have before and I sure will again,' she said as she evaded a definitive answer.

In June, she went to Guatemala and Mexico for meetings on the 'root causes' of the migrant crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border - a trip which was overshadowed by repeated questions as to why she was yet to visit the border herself.

Under pressure, she did several weeks later.

Harris laughs as she approaches media for Afghanistan questions

Kamala Harris nervously laughed and cut off a reporter, before saying that Afghanistan was a priority issue

The Vice President boarded a flight to Singapore. She will visit Southeast Asia to meet with leaders

Harris nervously laughed and cut off a reporter, before saying that Afghanistan was a priority issue, before she boarded a flight to Singapore

Harris notoriously laughed at the 2020 vice presidential debate, after being asked if she planned to support expanding the Supreme Court so a Democratic president could nominate more liberal justices

Harris also notoriously laughed during the 2020 vice presidential debate, when she was asked if she planned to support expanding the Supreme Court so a Democratic president could nominate more liberal justices.

'Once again you gave a non-answer, Joe Biden gave a non-answer,'

'The American people deserve a straight answer. And if you haven't figured it out yet, the straight answer is they are going to pack the Supreme Court if they somehow win this election,' said an evidently upset Pence.

When inquired about the legalization of marijuana, Harris also evaded questions by repeatedly laughing when asked about her stance on the issue.

The Federalist Senior Editor Mollie Hemingway said on FOX News in June that Harris seems to just laugh nervously when she is challenged by journalists.

'She does that thing where she laughs nervously when she gets the slightest difficulty or a question or topic and it is making a lot of Americans nervous,' Hemingway said.

FOX News host Jesse Waters has also said that Harris' nervous laughter seems like a 'glitch,' and once enlisted the help of psychologist Brian Russell to analyze the situation.

'For many people, laughter is a defense from anxiety they feel when a situation or topic makes them uncomfortable or unsure of themselves,' he said.

Harris has praised President Biden's decision to honor Trump's deal with the Taliban to retreat from Afghanistan

The vice president's most recent laughing controversy comes as the US and President Biden have received global condemnation for the unfolding chaos and humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. Hardline Islamists' swift return to power came after US troops' speedy withdrawal.

She has claimed to have a lead role and that she was 'the last person in the room' when Biden chose to follow through with the May 1 deadline to retreat US troops from Afghanistan.

But her remarkable absence and lack of communication with the media and the American public have not escaped backlash, as 47% of likely voters found her 'not at all qualified' to become President, according to a recent Rasmussen Reports poll.

Harris arrived in Singapore on Sunday for the week-long trip to Asia, which also includes a stop in Vietnam, where she will be meeting officials

On Sunday, President Biden chuckled after getting some bad poll results from a reporter, who said that the CBS News/YouGov poll was 'out there' after the president insisted that he hadn't seen it

Harris has stood by President Biden's decision to honor Trump's deal with the Taliban.

'This is a president who has an extraordinary amount of courage,'

'He is someone, who I have seen over and over again, make decisions based on what he truly believes… is the right thing to do,' she said about the removal of the troops on a CNN interview.

During a press conference in Singapore this morning Harris also boasted that 'the US is a global leader'.

She insisted Washington could be depended as she stood alongside Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien. She said: 'The reason I am here is because the United States is a global leader and we take that role seriously'.

But the current administration has received backlash for its response to the Taliban takeover, amid reports of Americans and Afghan refugees being attacked by the Islamic extremists while trying to enter Kabul's Hamid Karzai Airport.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was also blasted after people emailing her received an automatic 'out of office' reply as the increasingly tense situation unfolds.

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris arrives at Paya Lebar Air Base in Singapore August 22, 2021

Nancy Pelosi speaks at a ritzy Napa Valley fundraiser while the situation in Kabul worsens

The video of Kamala laughing was shared hours after Joe Biden laughed when questioned by a reporter about his poor performance in a new poll during a White House press conference about the Afghan crisis and Tropical Storm Henri.

He said of the survey: 'I haven't seen that poll.'

And the Democrats were hit with a further optics issue Sunday, as Nancy Pelosi was filmed at a lavish Democrat fundraiser dinner in Napa, California, which cost up to $29,000-a-head to respond.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives - who is third in line to become president if Biden and Harris are incapacitated - was filmed addressing lavishly-set tables groaning with fresh flowers, smart cutlery and expensive looking food.

A new poll shows 55 per cent of likely voters believe Vice President Kamala Harris is 'not qualified' or 'not at all qualified' to run the nation. There was a 6 per cent drop in those who feel she is qualified from April to August

Government officials have said the Vice President will continue to work on Afghanistan while in Asia.

She is not returning directly to Washington DC on Friday, going home to California instead, to campaign on behalf of Governor Gavin Newsom.

Her departure at a time of crisis will likely fuel criticism against her.

Other senior figures like the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, National Security Adviser and Biden himself have been forced to defend their actions in repeated interviews and remarks.

Last week, when likely voters were asked in a Rasmussen Reports poll released Thursday if Harris is ready to be U.S. president, 47 per cent said she is 'not at all qualified' while 8 per cent said she's 'not qualified.'

Back