Groid Suspects Identified In Pool Shooting

Rick Dean

Registered

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3395936/detail.html

This was a story I initially posted on the old forum yesterday, sans pics.
The egalitarian mud-lover, 'Power of the Last' assumed I was jumping to conclusions when I said, "smells like negritude". However, I was correct and as I asserted on the old board, random shootings like this are uncharacteristic for whites.

3395912_200X150.jpg

Authorities Identify Suspects In Pool Shooting
Witnesses Say Suspects Fired Shotguns Into C
owd After Argument
Greg Ng, Staff Writer

POSTED: 3:10 pm EDT June 8, 2004

Authorities identified two suspects in Friday's shooting at a community pool in Edgewood.

Harford County

Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Ed Hopkins issued a release Tuesday afternoon identifying the suspects as Anthony Loyd Mitchell and
Lewis Lee Cochran

According to Hopkins, the two face charges in connection to the shootings of two men at the Harford Square Club last week.

Mitchell, 21, faces two counts each of attempted first-degree murder and first- and second-degree assault. Cochran, 18, faces charges of first- and second-degree assault, and reckless endangerment.

Arrest warrants have been issued for the two men who are actively being sought by police.

Around 11:53 p.m. last Friday, Harford County Sheriff's deputies heard shots fired coming from the Harford Square community swimming pool. Upon investigation, they found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds: Ayl
sworth Johnson, 33, and Josh Wary Barmer, 38, both of Edgewood, each suffered a gunshot wound to their upper torso, according to Hopkins.

Paramedics treated both victims at the scene before s
tate
police Medivac helicopters flew them to Shock Trauma. Barmer has since been released, but Johnson remains hospitalized. His condition was not released.
n
Police estimate an attendance at last week's pool party to have been between 200 and 300 people. Witnesses said a fight started between several people near the front entrance of the pool, followed shortly by shots fired into the crowd.

Witnesses said a black male -- approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, wearing all-black clothing and a black hat -- began firing a shotgun into the crowd. Authorities said the shots struck the two victims and witnesses later identified both suspects to police.

Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of the two wanted men are directed to call the Harford County Sheriff's Office
Criminal Investigation Division by dialing (410) 836-5442.

Harford County Crime Solvers is offering a $1,000 cash reward for information that leads to the arrest of Cochran and
Mitchell
. Crime Solvers callers should call the anonymous 24-hour tip line by dialing (888) 540-TIPS.

Stay with TheWBALChannel.com and WBAL-TV 11 News for the latest news upda
tes.

Previous Stories:

This was a story I initially posted on the old forum yesterday, sans pics.
The egalitarian mud-lover, 'Power of the Last' assumed I was jumping to conclusions when I said, "smells like negritude". However, I was correct and as I asserted on the old board, random shootings like this are uncharacteristic for whites.

I guess you showed him!

T.N.B.

Back