madkins

Registered
From the British National Front

Name: White Horse of Kent
NF member?: Supporter
Link: http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=...234900726&par=0
Sent: 20:56 GMT on 30 November
Topic: French pacesetters R&R

Paris, 30 Nov. (AKI) - France's interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy has indicated he intends in 2006 to deport some 25,000 foreigners without proper papers, continuing a policy of increasing the number of such expulsions each year. Addressing the French Senate's commission on illegal immigration, Sarkozy also announced a tightening of rules governing asylum seekers.

In 2006, temporary accommodation will no longer automatically be provided to asylum seekers if they turn down the accommodatio

n offered them, Sarkozy announced. And if their application for asylum is rejected, t
he asylum-seeker will now have 15 days instead of one month to appeal the decision, he said.

"I have embarked on a policy of systematically sending people back," Sarkozy told the commission. "The number of deportations of foreigners without proper papers which have been carried out has risen strongly," he continued.

A total 10,000 deportations were carried out in 2002, 12,000 in 2003, and 15,000 in 2004, he noted. "There are going to be more than 20,000 in 2005, and I have set a target of 25,000 for 2006," Sarkozy said.

An estimated 80,000-100,000 illegal immigrants arrive in France annually, according to Sarkozy. This compares with an annual 16,000-17,000 irregular migrants currently arriving in Italy per year. The income of traffickers involved in illegal immigration from Africa to Europe amounted to between one-quarter and one-third of the income generated
by i
nternational drug trafficking, Sarkozy stated.

Sarkozy also criticised the regularisation of hundreds of thousand
s of illegal immigrants by the Spanish and Italian governments as "dangerous", the French AFP news agency reported. "In the context of the freedom of movement, these large-scale regularisations are dangerous because they produce a considerable inward pull across Europe," the agency quoted him as saying. R&R

Skara Brae,

madkins

Back