cRapper Cassidy Murder Case Waits for Tests

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/07202005_ent_cassidy.html

Cassidy Murder Case Waits for Tests

PHILADELPHIA-July 20, 2005 --A judge deciding whether prosecutors have enough evidence to try rap artist Cassidy with murder in a shooting behind his home won't make a ruling until ballistics tests are finished.

Cassidy, whose real name is Barry Reese, was charged with murder and related offenses in the April 15 shooting in the city's West Oak Lane neighborhood. Desmond Hawkins, 22, was killed and his friends Bobby Hoyle and Daniel Irvin were wounded.

Municipal Judge Marsha H. Neifield began a preliminary hearing on the charges Tuesday, but made no ruling following testimony by Hoyle and a witness.

She said she would wait to rule on the case until prosecutors introduced ba

llistics tests that are not yet completed. She scheduled a sta
tus hearing Aug. 16 in the case, instructing prosecutors and defense attorneys not to speak to reporters.

Hoyle testified that he, Hawkins, Irvin and two other men drove to Cassidy's home to clear up an earlier altercation between friends of Cassidy and Hawkins. He said Cassidy, 23, had a gun when he answered his door but put it away and had a short conversation - but not an argument ' with Hawkins and the man involved in the initial fight.

"It wasn't hostile," Hoyle said. "No animosity or nothing."

Most of the men got back into their vehicle but were ambushed when they went behind the house to work things out with the other man involved in the fight, Hoyle said.

"I heard bullets hit the van and felt the bullet pierce my leg," he testified.

Hawkins died of a gunshot wound to the back. Hoyle said he did not see who fired the shots.

One of Cassidy's associat
es,
Joseph Newkirk, testified that he lied in a statement to police in which he said Hawkins and his friends shot first
and Cassidy and another man returned fire in self-defense. He testified Tuesday that he wasn't present at the time of the shooting and only gave his initial statement to police under threat of prosecution.

Cassidy's debut CD, "Split Personality," peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard album chart and included the Top 10 single, "Hotel," featuring R. Kelly. The title track from his new CD, "I'm a Hustla," which was release June 28 by Full Surface/J Records, recently peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard rap chart.

Google image search for +Cassidy +""Split Personality"

images

images

Amazon.com: Music: Split Personality [EXPLICIT LYRICS]
B00013NE7M.01._PE5_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Split Personality Album Lyrics - (EXTRACT)
Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo
Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, aoow!
Look, homes behave, or get
cut wit ya own blade
The chrome raise, put ya guts on ya own leg
Nigga I'm sicker then full-blown AIDS
But I swear to you motherf**kas
I got my gun right here, I ain't scared of you motherf**kas

And brainless wiggers helped make this garbage a #2 album.

Thank you, Gews!!

Originally posted by The Bobster@Jul 21 2005, 08:18 AM
And brainless wiggers helped make this garbage a #2 album.

Thank you, Gews!!
yep, those pimple faced teens are spending good money on crap!!!!!

I wonder what will happen in the next few months with this filthy "music"...

Back