Coon caged for extreme niglet tenderizing

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/sunrise-man-beats-boy-with-belt-for-urinating-in-car-police-say

Sunrise man beats boy with belt for urinating in car, police say
Noellien Laurencin arrested on child abuse charge

Posted: 4:44 PM, January 25, 2017

Noellien-Laurencin_1485380335035_8880961_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

SUNRISE, Fla. - A Sunrise man beat his 3-year-old son with a belt as punishment after the boy urinated in a car, police said.

Noellien Laurencin, 27, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of child abuse without great bodily harm.

According to a police report, Laurencin's son was at a day care in Plantation when staff members noticed "numerous marks, bruises and scars" on the boy's body. They called paramedics, who took the boy to Plantation General Hospital.

According to a police report, Laurencin's son was at a day care in Plantation :watermelon::watermelon::watermelon: when staff members noticed "numerous marks, bruises and scars" on the boy's body. They called paramedics, who took the boy to Plantation General Hospital.

:Cheers:

Plantation day care!!
Noellien Laurencin whips his nigga!!!
rotflmwao!

http://nypost.com/2017/01/28/mom-who-beat-her-son-to-death-hes-gone-and-its-all-my-fault/

Mom who beat her son to death: ‘He’s gone and it’s all my fault’
By Abigail Gepner and Laura Italiano
January 28, 2017 | 2:15pm | Updated

170128-coombs-feature.jpg

Zarah Coombs and Zamair Coombs
Facebook

She admitted to bludgeoning her little boy to death with a broomstick — and on Saturday on Rikers Island, she wept inside a prison of guilt and grief of her own making.

“He’s gone and it’s all my fault,” Brooklyn mother Zarah Coombs sobbed in a jailhouse interview. “My life is over.”

“Nothing will ever be the same. My baby is gone,” she said of her son, Zamair, 4, the second eldest of her four children.

Zamair — who loved Barney and Spider-Man and always kissed his two little brothers good night — died in a Brooklyn hospital on Thursday, the victim, cops said, of his own mother’s wrath.

On Wednesday night, she beat her child repeatedly with a broomstick, and left him to die in a plastic storage bin half-filled with water, which she was using as a makeshift bathtub, police said.

Coombs, 26, is now on suicide watch and waiting trial on charges of murder and possession of a weapon.

In a free-ranging and emotional interview, Coombs — dressed in a gray jumpsuit, her hair down in long, twisting locks — welled up with tears as she remembered the boy whose short life she snuffed out.

“He loved food — he wanted to be a chef,” Coombs said.

“He called you a meatball and a chicken nugget — that was his way of saying he loved you.”

She blames her rage on post-partum depression, and said she can’t remember actually striking Zamair, claiming the memory is “blacked out.”

The last thing she does recall is a crescendo of noises from inside the family’s dank basement apartment in Brownsville.

The TV was blaring, both her one-month-old and her one-year-old boys were crying, and Zamair was trying to help her make lunch.

“I just heard noise,” Coombs said.

“Noise from my own head. TV. Crying.”

After her “blackout,” Zamair was still alive.

“He was humming,” Coombs remembered.

“He looked at me, but he didn’t say anything.

“I said, ‘OK, baby. Let’s get you in a warm bath.’”

“I’m sorry,” she said she told the boy.

“I love you, Zamair.”

Coombs said she lay Zamair down for a bath in storage bin.

She then went to breastfeed her one-month-old, during which she fell asleep.

She was awoken by her boyfriend — the children’s father — who had returned home from work to find the boy still in the tub, but unconscious.

“He went under!” the boyfriend told her.

“And I said, ‘What do you mean, under? There’s barely any water. There’s nothing to go under.’”

They called 911, and the boyfriend meanwhile gave Zamair CPR, she said, the boy coughing out water, food, mucous.

Doctors at the hospital revived him three times, she said — to no avail.

“I lost it,” she says of striking the boy.

“That was a panic attack … if I could have banged my head any harder and banged it open [instead of striking Zamair] I would have done it,” she said.

Now, “Every time I close my eyes, I see his face, hear his voice,” she said, sobbing.

“I just talk to him all night.”

Zamair’s murder is the latest in a series of at least nine child abuse deaths currently under investigation by the city’s Department of Investigation.

In Zamair’s case, the city’s Department of Investigation says Administration of Children’s Services investigated two previous abuse allegations against the family in 2015, but both were determined to be unfounded.

“If I had just called 911 before I put him in tub he’d still be alive. My kids would have been taken from me, but Zamair would still be alive,” she said.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/abused-toddlers-death-ruled-a-homicide/

Abused toddler’s death ruled a homicide
By Tina Moore, Emily Smith and Chris Perez
February 2, 2017 | 5:20pm | Updated

170126-jaden-jordan.jpg

Jaden Jordan
Facebook

The death of 3-year-old Jaden Jordan — the Brooklyn tot at the center of the city’s disturbing child welfare agency probe — has been officially ruled a homicide.

The Medical Examiner’s office completed its investigation on Thursday and told The Post that the boy had died of abusive head and neck trauma.

“The manner of death is homicide,” a spokesperson said.

After Jaden was beaten into a coma, his mom’s boyfriend, Salvatore Lucchesse, was charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child –but he is now facing murder charges following the ME’s ruling.

“Now that the Medical Examiner has determined that Jaden Jordan’s senseless death was a homicide, we will seek to upgrade the charges in the grand jury,” Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said Thursday.

Last week, a Department of Investigation report revealed numerous mistakes in Jaden’s ACS investigation, which was launched after the agency received a tip saying he was being abused.

According to the DOI findings, child welfare workers weren’t able to track down his Gravesend address until two days after they were first alerted to the alleged abuse.

“ACS did not find Jaden before he was allegedly beaten into a coma on Monday, November 28, 2016,” the DOI report said.

Lucchesse, 24, was arrested shortly after authorities found the boy, battered and unresponsive. Jaden later died on Feb. 3 after suffering a fractured skull and a lacerated spleen and liver.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/03/former-bloods-member-accused-of-brutally-beating-4-year-old-stepson/

Former Bloods member accused of brutally beating 4-year-old stepson
By Tina Moore
May 3, 2017 | 2:19pm | Updated

A 4-year-old boy suffered critical injuries at his Bronx home and his stepfather — a former member of the Bloods who’s on probation for robbery — was charged with brutally beating him, police sources said Wednesday.

Little Jonathan Cancel was taken to Lincoln Hospital from his Vyse Avenue home Tuesday with bruising to his face, ears, mouth, neck, lower back and abdomen, the sources said.

At some point, he was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center for additional testing, where doctors examined him and found that he had blood in his mouth and nose and had also suffered liver damage.

Doctors determined that his injuries were caused by child abuse. They said he was in critical condition but unlikely to die.

Trevor Brown, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with second-degree assault. Brown, a known gang member of the Bloods, has 18 arrests on his record.

A spokesman with the Administration for Children’s Services said the agency was investigating.

“ACS and NYPD are actively investigating the circumstances leading to this incident involving a minor,” the spokesman said. “Confidentiality laws preclude us to comment further.”

While the mother and stepfather have no prior history with the city’s ACS together, both parents have been investigated by the agency in the past, the sources said.

Social workers substantiated complaints that the mother provided inadequate guardianship for Jonathan in 2014 and medically neglected him in 2013. The agency also found reason to believe she provided inadequate guardianship and inadequate food and shelter to her two daughters between 2010 and 2012, the sources said. Both girls were removed from her care at the time.

ACS investigated Brown in regards to a daughter with another mother in 2011 and found that he tested positive for drugs, the sources said. The agency also substantiated a complaint that he provided inadequate guardianship to that child in 2009.

Brown was on probation through Sept. 28, 2021, for a 2014 robbery arrest. He has 14 arrests on his record that are sealed. The four that aren’t sealed are for theft of services and robbery.

He was awaiting arraignment in Bronx Criminal Court Wednesday afternoon.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/01/23/tahjir-smith-beating-death/

Mammy, Boifren' Accused Of Beatin 4-Year-Old To Deff Fo Spillin' Breakfuss Cereal
January 23, 2018 at 5:13 pm

WILLOW GROVE, Pa. (CBS) — A mother and her boyfriend are accused of beating her son to death because he spilled his breakfast cereal.

The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office says Abington Township Police responded to a report of a respiratory emergency shortly after 6 p.m. on Monday.

When paramedics arrived, they found 4-year-old Tahjir Smith limp and unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Abington Memorial Hospital.

Investigators say that Tahjir was beaten by his mother, 19-year-old Lisa Smith, and her boyfriend, 26-year-old Keiff King, at their home in the 1800 block of Lukens Avenue in Willow Grove because he spilled his breakfast cereal.

keiff-lisa-smith.jpg

Kaffir Kang, left, and Lisa Smiff, right, have been charged in the beating death of a 4-year-old boy. (credit: Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office)

Authorities say the suspects beat Tahjir with a shoe.

An autopsy also revealed old rib fractures.

“This senseless death of a 4-year-old boy at the hands of the very adults who are supposed to care for him and keep him safe is a horrible tragedy,” said Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele. “This is the face of domestic violence-a preschooler was beaten until he stopped breathing because he spilled his cereal. We have charged the mother and her boyfriend
and will be the voice for justice for Tahjir.”

Smith and King have been arrested and charged with aggravated assault, criminal attempted murder, endangering the welfare of a child and other related charges.

They have been remanded to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $500,000 bail each.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 31.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...-as-Infant-Dies-20-Years-Later-474977253.html

Pennsylvania Father Charged After Son He Hurt as Infant Dies 20 Years Later
A Pennsylvania father is charged with homicide for the death of his son
Published at 4:35 PM EST on Feb 23, 2018 | Updated at 4:59 PM EST on Feb 23, 2018

Middlebrookd.jpg

A mug shot of Lucius Middlebrooks who admitted to shaking his son Cavelle Mena in 1996. Mena died in 2015 from medical complications due to the injury.

A Pennsylvania father who served a prison term for seriously injuring his infant son about 20 years ago is now charged with homicide because an autopsy determined the injuries caused the son's death in 2015.

Authorities say Lucius Middlebrooks admitted shaking Cavelle Mena in 1996 when the child was about two months old. That caused a traumatic brain injury and severe medical complications.

Middlebrooks served prison time for the abuse and was later released. When Mena died in November 2015, an autopsy determined that the brain injury he suffered had caused his death.

Middlebrooks was arrested Thursday on the homicide charge. It wasn't known Friday if the Braddock man has retained an attorney.

Authorities haven't said what caused the gap between Mena's death and the filing of the homicide charge.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/02/24/2-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-delaware-toddler/

2 Charged With Murder In Death Of Delaware Toddler
February 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm

c5a66c91438643dfac6cdb5a678cbcca.jpg

WILMINGTON, DEL. (CBS) — Police have arrested and charged two people with murder in the death of a 15-month old child in Wilmington, Delaware.

Police say they were called to Wilmington Hospital on Saturday, February 17 to investigate the death of a young child.

The Delaware State Medical Examiner’s office later determined the death to be a homicide caused by blunt force trauma.

Investigators say the mother of the child had left the toddler in the care of 22-year-old Tameke Wright and 37-year-old Lavar Harris.

Both suspects were taken into custody Friday and charged with murder by abuse or neglect in the 1st degree.

Wright and Harris were each being held on $100,000 cash bail.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/08/man-accused-of-beating-girlfriends-infant-to-death/

Man accused of beating girlfriend’s infant to death
By Associated Press
May 8, 2018 | 8:43pm

markeise-caldwell-mcso.jpg

Markeise Kardel
Caldwell Montgomery County Sheriff's Office

MOBILE, Ala. — A lawyer for an Alabama man charged with killing one of his girlfriend’s children and wounding another says the man plans to plead not guilty.

AL.com reports that 25-year-old Markeise Kardel Caldwell is charged with capital murder in the beating of 4-month-old Kendrick Cole. He’s also charged with aggravated child abuse in the beating of Cole’s 1-year-old brother Kendell.

Kendrick Cole suffered skull fractures and other injuries and later died. Assistant District Attorney Keith Blackwood says Kendell Cole is being treated at a pediatric intensive care unit.

Caldwell was denied bond Tuesday. Jason Darley is one of the two attorneys assigned to Caldwell’s defense. Darley says Caldwell plans to plead not guilty. A hearing is set for May 21.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/25/bruised-toddler-found-dead-in-bronx-apartment-cops/

Bruised toddler found dead in Bronx apartment: cops
By Khristina Narizhnaya, Stephanie Pagones and Amanda Woods
May 25, 2018 | 12:09pm | Updated

childbruised.jpg

Messiah Allen
Courtesy of Althea Johnson

A 3-year-old boy was found dead — with broken teeth and bruises all over — in his Bronx apartment late Thursday, cops said.

Little Messiah Allen’s stepfather, 36, called 911 when he found the tot unconscious inside his Bruckner Boulevard apartment in the Sotomayor Houses in Soundview around 11:30 p.m.

Allen was discovered with broken teeth and bruises all over his face and body, police sources said.

The boy’s stepfather frantically performed CPR before authorities arrived, cops said. The toddler was rushed to Jacobi Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police questioned the boy’s stepfather and mother — who was at work at the time — about the incident on Friday morning. They were released later that day without being charged, police said.

Allen’s stepfather claimed the boy was injured about a week ago when he fell out of his stroller :rolleyes:, police sources said.

A neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous, said she heard from Allen’s mother that he “threw himself out of the stroller” during a temper tantrum. :rolleyes:

The tot’s mom took him to the hospital after the fall, but he was still feeling sick when they got home, the neighbor said.

“[His stepfather] went to take him to use the bathroom. He was still lightheaded and he fainted,” she said. “He called 911. He tried to do CPR on him. He tried to put some water on him.”

“But he wasn’t waking up.”

Althea Johnson, the child’s godmother, questioned whether the fall from the stroller caused the baby’s death.

raised two kids, and I don’t know no keed falling out of the stroller sitting in the house and their teef is knocked out of their mouth and he got a big old bruise on his haid,” she said. She identified Allen’s mother as Erica Fox. “According to Erica, she took him to the hospital, they prescribed him some medicine and they went home. And that was the last I knew.”

“Here it is three days later, I get the phone call.”

Johnson said the couple has been together less than a year. She remembered the toddler as a “happy-go-lucky little boy.”

The city Medical Examiner’s office will determine the cause of death. Police are still investigating the incident.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/26/moms-boyfriend-arrested-after-boy-was-found-dead/

Mom’s boyfriend arrested after boy was found dead
By Amanda Woods
May 26, 2018 | 1:19pm | Updated

A 36-year-old man was busted for manslaughter in the death of his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son in the Bronx, cops said on Saturday.

Police found Messiah Allen unconscious inside the Bruckner Boulevard apartment that suspected killer Kenneth Lynch, 36, shared with his girlfriend at Sotomayor Houses in Soundview around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The toddler was discovered with broken teeth and bruises all over his face and body, police sources said. Messiah’s mother was at work at the time of the incident.

Lynch called 911 and frantically performed CPR before authorities arrived, cops said. The boy was rushed to Jacobi Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police ruled the death a homicide.

During initial questioning, Lynch claimed to cops that the boy was injured when he fell out of his stroller last week.

Lynch was arrested late Friday and charged with manslaughter. His arraignment was pending Saturday morning.

The family has a history with the city’s child welfare agency from a few years ago, but the case did not involve physical abuse, according to a source.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/08/man-charged-with-murder-in-brutal-death-of-girlfriends-toddler/

Man charged with murder in brutal death of girlfriend’s toddler
By Priscilla DeGregory
August 8, 2018 | 6:25pm

man-charged-with-murder-in-beating-death.jpg

Kenneth Lynch
Tomas E. Gaston

A Bronx man was indicted on murder and manslaughter charges in the beating death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son, officials announced Wednesday.

Kenneth Lynch, 36, was arrested after police found Messiah Allen unconscious with broken teeth, and bruises on his face and body, inside the apartment Lynch and the tot’s mom shared at the Sotomayor Houses in Soundview in May.

Allen’s mom was at work at the time of the incident.

“The defendant allegedly beat the defenseless toddler while he was supposed to be taking care of the boy,” Bronx Distirct Attorney Darcel Clark said adding, “The child received multiple blunt force injuries to the body. The fatal blows were those inflicted in the toddler’s torso, which led to a transected liver.”

Lynch — who was arraigned in Bronx Supreme Court today — was held without bail and is due back in court on Nov. 13.

Kenneth Lynch, 36, was arrested after police found Messiah Allen unconscious with broken teeth, and bruises on his face and body, inside the apartment Lynch and the tot’s mom shared at the Sotomayor Houses in Soundview in May.

I recall another blm-let named 'Messiah' that bit the dust on this thread, awhile back. Unless it's taken all that time to file charges.

Kenneth LYNCH (lol) looks like he's ready to go
more rounds with the GF and the kid.

Last edited:
https://www.cleveland.com/crime/201...r-felonious-assault-on-18-month-old-girl.html

Cleveland police search for man wanted for felonious assault on 18-month-old girl

Updated November 10, 2018 at 5:31 PM

YYTQBRXRVVHBHLGOHRNRAZK7O4.png

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland police are searching for a man accused of assaulting a 18-month-old girl who was so severely beaten that she was hospitalized, police said Saturday in a press release.

Cleveland police identified the man as 29-year-old Daniel Belcher.

The girl suffered multiple fractures, broken ribs, punctured lungs and a lacerated liver, police said. The child’s mother, Yeasha Wagner, was arrested at the hospital
, police said.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/09/07/mother-charged-murder-five-month-old-son-tioga-sources/

Mother To Be Charged With Murder After 5-Month-Old Boy Dies Inside Tioga Home, Sources Say
By CBS3 Staff
September 7, 2019 at 10:45 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A mother will be charged with murder in connection to the death of her 5-month-old boy, Philadelphia police sources say. Sources and internal documents say the Philadelphia’s District Attorney’s Office approved a murder charge, but the suspect has yet to be arraigned.

Police sources say the mother allegedly admitted to investigators that she beat her boy with objects in his room of their home on the 1600 block of West Erie Avenue in the city’s Tioga neighborhood. The boy had bruising to his face and neck area, according to police sources.

The boy was found unresponsive just before 9:30 a.m. in his bedroom on the third floor of a shared apartment-style home on Saturday. He was pronounced dead just minutes later.

Neighbors say the mother moved into the building around March.

“When I came out there were police in front of my door, police down the street and an ambulance,” neighbor Russell Turner said. “It’s just a tragedy that it happens in our neighborhood.”

After the baby was found unresponsive, neighbors saw the boy’s mother with police.

“She was outside the house, out on a cellphone. She was out on a cellphone. She didn’t really have no more cry, no tears in her emotion yet, but it’s coming,” neighbor Lawrence Seals said.

Neighbors believe she called her sister earlier for help.

“I heard she called her sister that night it all happened and the sister didn’t get there until that morning,” Turner said.

As the community searches for answers, neighbors have begun grieving the life lost of an innocent baby boy.

“That’s sad. He didn’t even live his life yet,” neighbor Markeema :p Harrison said. “That’s not fair at all to that baby. I don’t know if the money has anything to do with it, but if she did, she deserves to go to jail.”

Authorities have not yet released the names of the mother or child.

The mother was on parole until 2022 on a previous conviction. She has 16 priors.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/28/disturbing-video-shows-man-abusing-sons-in-bronx-train-station/

Disturbing video shows man abusing young sons in Bronx train station
By Amanda Woods
January 28, 2021 | 12:32pm | Updated

A man was caught on video last week tenderizing his two young sons in a Bronx subway station — and police said Thursday he’s now the focus of an NYPD probe.

The clip shows a 35-year-old man sitting between his two niglets, 7 and 9, on a bench at the Fordham Road/Jerome Avenue subway station around 9 p.m. Friday. He yells at both children — punching one twice and grabbing and shaking the other around by the hair.

Community advocate Tony Herbert posted the disturbing video to Facebook Wednesday, and said in a later post that the man who initially filmed it — who was on his way to pick up his own son from chemotherapy treatment — filed a report with the police.

Police are investigating an “open complaint” about the dad, who has a history of domestic violence incidents involving his kids, authorities said Thursday.

The man had not been charged as of late Thursday morning.

Police confirmed the same man was arrested Saturday for allegedly being “physical with his family” — and subsequently released.

child-abuse-bronx-15.jpg

The man accused of being abusive had not been charged as of late Thursday morning
Facebook

The children were in their mother’s custody as of Thursday, according to cops.

“I am in tears and feeling all levels of anger watching this video where this guy is terrorizing these kids and hurting them,” Herbert said Wednesday, according to ABC 7. “I am a father of three boys, and seeing this abuse screams we need to help and protect them.”

In a statement, the Administration for Children’s Services said that it was investigating the case with the NYPD.

“Our top priority is protecting the safety and wellbeing of all children in New York City,” a spokeswoman said.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/30/cops-charge-dad-accused-of-abusing-sons-in-nyc-train-station/

Cops bust dad accused of abusing sons in Bronx train station
By Dean Balsamini
January 30, 2021 | 1:12pm | Updated

This disturbed dad has been derailed.

Cops have arrested a man captured on video apparently abusing his sons in a Bronx train station earlier this month, police said.

Joshua Gilead
is charged with two counts of aggravated family offense and two counts of acting in a matter injurious to a child less than 17, the NYPD said.

Gilead, 35, was taken into custody Friday at 8 p.m. in the Bronx, police said.

A video clip shows Gilead sitting between his two sons, 7 and 9, on a bench at the Fordham Road/Jerome Avenue subway station around 9 p.m. Jan 22. He seems to shout at both children before punching one twice and grabbing and shaking the other around by the hair. :p

Gilead told PIX11 News he needs help.

”I punched him in the face, I punched him in the arm and I grabbed his hair because he doesn’t like it,” Gilead said, according to the report, which added that Gilead said he was “stressed out, that he struggles with mental illness.”

Gilead apparently admitted he’d been drinking on the day he turned on his two boys, according to the report.

Community advocate Tony Herbert posted the shocking video to Facebook Wednesday, and said in a later post that the man who initially filmed it — who was on his way to pick up his own son from chemotherapy treatment — filed a report with the police.

The accused dad has a history of domestic violence incidents involving his kids, authorities said.

Gilead was also arrested Jan. 23 for allegedly being “physical with his family” — and subsequently released.

The children were in their mother’s custody as of Thursday, according to cops.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/boy-with-severe-trauma-found-dead-inside-nyc-apartment/

Boy with ‘severe trauma’ found dead inside NYC apartment
By Kathianne Boniello
March 6, 2021 | 9:01pm | Updated

An apparently serially bludgeoned Manhattan boy was found dead inside a Harlem apartment Saturday, authorities said.

The 10-year-old had “severe trauma” throughout his body, with injuries both old and new, said a source, who added that two family members were being questioned in connection with the child’s death.

The tragic youngster was found just before 2:30 p.m. inside a fourth floor apartment at 260 West 131st St., in the Saint Nicholas Houses, and pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital.

The city Medical Examiner is expected to determine the cause of death. No arrests have been made.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/07/nyc-boy-bludgeoned-to-death-was-quiet-little-angel/

10-year-old NYC boy bludgeoned to death was quiet ‘little angel’
By Kevin Sheehan, Larry Celona and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
March 7, 2021 | 12:29pm | Updated

The 10-year-old boy found bludgeoned to death in his family’s Harlem apartment was “a little angel” who never made “a peep,” neighbors told The Post on Sunday.

The child was found with “severe trauma” throughout his body at his home at the Saint Nicholas Houses on Saturday afternoon, with signs of both old and new injuries, including possible sexual abuse, cops and police sources said.

“I’m never going to be able to forget this,” an emotional cop who responded to the scene told The Post on Sunday. “That kid went through a lot. It wasn’t the first time, and it didn’t just happen yesterday,” the officer said.

The child’s stepfather told cops he heard banging on the family’s front door around 2 p.m. and when he opened it, he found the boy unresponsive and sitting propped against it, according to sources. The boy’s mom called 911 as his stepfather soaked him in cold water in an attempt to revive him, sources said.

The boy was pronounced dead at Harlem Hospital. No one has been charged yet in the case.

A relative of the victim told The Post at a vigil outside his building Sunday afternoon that the boy was “super smart, super intelligent” and a “happy” child who loved video games.

The relative, who only identified herself as Jennifer A., 42, said she was a cousin of the child’s 30-year-old mom and “that boy was everything to [his mother].

“I’ve never seen any bruises or a scratch on him. It really hurts my heart,” Jennifer said.

Neighbors in the building said the boy was well-behaved.

“Not a peep,” a neighbor said when asked about the tragic young victim. “Boy never makes no noise. All you say is, ‘stop,’ and he freezes like a statue. A little angel.

“Makes my stomach turn,” said the woman, who asked not to be identified.

“They belong in hell,” she added of whoever hurt the boy.

Another neighbor, Destiny Rogers, told The Post on Sunday, “Yesterday around noon, I was going out with my nephew, and I heard a male, his voice was raised, he was screaming at someone,” referring to noise coming from the dead boy’s apartment.

“I could hear [the male voice] say, ‘Down!’ and ‘Calm!’ I thought he was having an argument with a partner.

“I’ve grown up hearing stuff like that,” Rogers said. “I never thought …

“I wish I had stayed in the hallway longer,” she added. “I would have brought it to my father’s attention. He would have knocked on the door.

“It hurts,” Rogers said of the tragedy. “I don’t know what to say. I can’t believe what happened to that kid. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night.”

Neighbor Judynell Groce, a retired teacher, added, “He was kind of an introverted child. When his mother would speak to him, it was almost scary.

“When the mother would speak to him, he would clench and become quiet. She would be a little loud and using some profanity with him. I never seen a man or a father with them. They’ve been here almost 3 and a half years,” Groce said.

“As a city school teacher for over 30 years, I have met some abused children. I listen to hear what is being said. No judgment. With the world today, I’m not surprised by this.”

The city medical examiner is due to perform an autopsy Sunday.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/07/stepfather-charged-in-bludgeoning-death-of-10-year-old-harlem-boy/

Stepfather charged in bludgeoning death of 10-year-old Harlem boy
By Larry Celona and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
March 7, 2021 | 10:41pm | Updated

The stepfather of a 10-year-old boy who was found bludgeoned to death in the family’s Harlem apartment was charged with the youngster’s slaying Sunday, sources said.

Ryan Cato
, 34, was charged with murder and endangering the welfare of a child in the death of the boy at Saint Nicholas Houses on Saturday afternoon, the sources said.

Police responding to the scene said they found the boy, identified by cops as Ayden Wolfe, with “severe trauma” throughout his body, with signs of both new and old injuries.

Ayden was unconscious and unresponsive in the living room when cops arrived, police said.

He was rushed to Harlem Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.

Neighbors described the boy as a quiet “little angel” who rarely made “a peep.”

Back