BLACK: Teens arrested in murder of WHITE 19 year old man found shot to death near City Pond Park

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

Teens arrested in murder of man found shot to death near City Pond Park​

By FOX 5 Atlanta Digital Team

Published April 18, 2022

Updated 10:23PM

Barrow County

FOX 5 Atlanta

Brantavious Sims, 18 from Winder, and Jayquan Crawford, 17 from Statham.
article

From left, Brantavious Sims, 18 from Winder, and Jayquan Crawford, 17 from Statham. (Provided by Barrow County Sheriff's Office)

BARROW COUNTY, Ga. - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said two teenagers are at the Barrow County Detention Center, charged in connection to the murder of a person found lying near City Pond Park in Barrow County.

The GBI said, on April 12, 19-year-old Lane Michael Bullard had multiple gunshot wounds when Winder Police Department officers found him. Investigators announced the arrests of 18-year-old Winder resident Brantavious Sims and 17-year-old Statham resident Jayquan Crawford on Monday.

Law enforcement arrested Sims on April 13 and Crawford turned himself in on April 14.

Sims faces murder and gun possession charges. Crawford is charged with being a party to the crime of murder.

SUSPECT IN BARROW COUNTY DOUBLE MURDER CAUGHT DRIVING VICTIM'S CAR

Winder Police Department officers found the 19-year-old dead beside a car on a dirt road, but turned the case over to the Barrow County Sheriff's Office and GBI.

The GBI conducted an autopsy.

Investigators have not released what led up to the shooting.

This story is developing. Check back for details. If you have additional information, pictures, or video email newstipsatlanta@fox.com.

Last edited:

NO PHOTO​

WHITE NAMES

Lane Michael Bullard, age 19 of Winder, GA, passed away unexpectedly on April 11, 2022.​

He was predeceased by his father: James Michael “Mikie” Bullard; great-grandparents: Douglas and Geneva Woodall; and a great-uncle, Captain Eddie Woodall.

Lane is survived by his mother and step-father, Brittany Burney Tillery and Ted Tillery; brothers: Parker Bullard and Kyle Tillery; sisters: Madilyn Tillery and Ashley Tillery; grandparents: Bill and Lynn Cartmill; and the Woodall, Bullard, and Maldonado families.

James Michael “Mikie” Bullard
WINDER – James "Mikie" Michael Bullard, 28, died Sunday, June 14, 2009.

Born in Italy, he was the son of Jim Bullard of Commerce and Fran Bullard of Winder. He was a member of the Bethlehem First Baptist Church, was a corporal with the Clarke County Fire Department, a realtor with Maynard and Bartlett Realty, and a member of the Barrow County Chamber of Commerce. He was a graduate of Winder-Barrow High School and was active in many sports, including football, wrestling and track.

Brittany Burney Tillery

Funeral expenses​

$7,240 raised of $5,000 goal​

1657863868829.png
[the one on Right is Lane Bullard, with dimpled smile]
90 donations
ShareDonate now

Madi Tillery is organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Brittany Tillery.

Hello, my name is Madi Tillery. I have started this go fund me to help my parents with the funeral expenses for my 19 year old brother Lane Bullard who was taken from us way to soon. I want to surprise my mom and help any way I can. I have had a lot of friends ask me where could they help and donate, so I thought of this to let anyone who would like to donate. Thank you for your help and prayers!

Lane Bullard, survived by sisters: Madilyn Tillery and Ashley Tillery

Lynn Cartmill
$500•2 mos
My precious Grandson, my heart is forever broken. Your ingectious dimpled smile is something that I see, your loving nature that saw the good in everyone. I love you. Granny

Last edited:
Back