BLACK: Scottsdale AZ police “A juvenile male has been arrested in Pinal County connection with shooting death of BLACK 18-year-old

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

Suspect In Scottsdale Homicide Arrested In Pinal County​

January 22, 2023 ADI Staff Reporter

On Saturday evening, Scottsdale police officers were called to the area of Scottsdale and McDowell roads in response to a deadly shooting.
#Update A juvenile male has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of 18-year-old, Terrivonni Santana Williams. The juvenile was discovered in nearby Pinal County and taken into custody at 4:29 am by the Pinal County Regional SWAT Team.
— ScottsdalePD (@ScottsdalePD) January 22, 2023

When officers arrived on the scene, they found 18-year-old Terrivonni Santana Williams with a gunshot wound. Terrivonni was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
#Update At 5:44pm officers responded to a shooting near 70th and Palm. They found a victim and rendered aid. Victim transported to local hospital and pronounced. Suspect is at large but there is no danger to the immediate area. This is active homicide investigation.

Maricopa County Scottsdale police tweeted on Sunday morning, “A juvenile male has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of 18-year-old, Terrivonni Santana Williams. The juvenile was discovered in nearby Pinal County and taken into custody at 4:29 am by the Pinal County Regional SWAT Team.”
#Update A juvenile male has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of 18-year-old, Terrivonni Santana Williams. The juvenile was discovered in nearby Pinal County and taken into custody at 4:29 am by the Pinal County Regional SWAT Team.

Last edited:

Crime

'I just dropped to the floor screaming': Family mourning loss of Scottsdale teen killed in shooting​

Scottsdale police have made an arrest in connection with the death of 18-year-old Terrivonni Santana Williams.

Author: 12News

Published: 7:11 PM MST January 21, 2023

Updated: 10:59 PM MST January 22, 2023

Facebook Twitter

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — After an hours-long overnight manhunt, Scottsdale police have arrested a juvenile in connection with the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old.

Police received a call about a shooting off McDowell Road, in the area of 70th Street and Palm Lane, at 5:44 p.m. Officers arrived on scene two minutes later to find Terrivonni Santana Williams wounded inside an apartment.

According to police, Williams was taken to the hospital where he later died.

Stephanie Cudjo is the aunt of Williams. She said her nephew just moved to Scottsdale last week from Casa Grande. Cudjo said she got the call late Saturday night that Willams was killed.

"I didn't believe and I just dropped to the floor screaming," Cudjo said through tears. "Like no it's not true, it's not true."

Cudjo told 12News an argument that led to the shooting.

"[Williams] was living there with a roommate," Cudjo said. "There was an altercation over a female, and he shot him."

She and her family are still trying to understand why it ended this way, describing Williams as a happy and humble young man who always tried to make others laugh.

His death sparked a manhunt that lasted through the night as investigators determined that the suspect had fled the scene.

Scottsdale detectives found the suspect, a juvenile, hiding in nearby Pinal County. He was arrested at 4:52 a.m. by the Pinal County Regional SWAT Team.

While Cudjo was relieved authorities arrested a suspect, it doesn't fill the hole left behind.

"I've just been praying," Cudjo said. "I mean, my kids are taking it hard my daughter, me, we are all just trying to help my sister."

A GoFundMe has been created to help raise money for funeral expenses. If you want to learn more, click here.

Back