3395829_120X90.jpg

3395738_200X150.jpg

Explanatory VIDEO at site-
http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/3394005/detail.html

Woman Believed Murdered On Big Island May Be Alive On Oahu
Police Suggested Woman's Hu
band Suspect In Homicide

POSTED: 10:40 pm HST June 7, 2004

HONOLULU -- New evidence suggests that a woman Big Island police believed was the victim of a homicide may be alive and living on Oah

u. The disappearance of Michele Gloria Adam (pictured, right) seemed to have Big Island police stumped. They later declared the case a homicide and suggested her husband was the suspect.

Adam disappeared from her Milolii home in June 1998. Left behind were her husband Richard and daughter Mariah.

The father and daug
hter waited outside federal court Monday for resumption of his lawsuit against the Hawaii County Police Department.

Detectives have testified that they suspected Richard Adam of Michele Adam's death because his story had inconsistencies. He said the department destroyed his reputation by suggesting he was a suspect. He said the police even trumped up gun charges, for which he went to prison, all because he filed a lawsuit over his wife's disappearance.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�šÃ”š 

"The defamation of character on me has just been incredible, especially while I am trying to work and trying to raise this little girl by myself," Richard Adam said. "I believe its
reta
liation because they didn't look for her. It's like they didn't want to find her."

This week, a private investigator found evidence that Michele Adam, using her maiden name: Michele Grimes, was alive on Oahu. So Richard Adam's attorney walked through a Hawaii Kai neighborhood, where she may have lived.

Attorney Shawn Luiz said the credit reports pro
ve Big Island police weren't serious about solving the mystery.

"That's the amazing thing within less than a year after them declaring it a homicide, she was already registered with some financial transactions on Oahu," Luiz said.

Richard Adam's attorney had some luck in Hawaii Kai. He found one person who at first thought he recognized a photo of Michele Adam and knew the name of the man she was
with. While the evidence may help his case, Richard Adam may have to accept that his wife abandoned her family.

"I'd like for her, that if she can hear this, that I have this
little g
irl here. She needs some explanations and I need some, too," Richard Adam said.

Back