Bad nigger cop killed by bad nigger carjacker

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
Officer slain in shootout

Lots of photos at link!

A nine-year Jackson police officer was killed Thursday following a gun battle on a city street with a carjacking suspect who also died.

Thomas Catchings, a 41-year-old motorcycle patrol officer, died while in surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.He'd lost a large amount of blood from a gunshot wound to the abdomen, Dr. Robert Schwieg said.

Omar Hampton, 18, of 5551 Shaw Road had been pronounced dead about an hour earlier at the same hospital. He was shot three times

Hampton's Mother Paints Picture of a Troubled Teen

"Hello mom, I'm writing this letter because I should tell you you're one of the greatest moms. I don't show you the respect I should."

So begins a letter written about one year ago by Omar Hampton. His mother, Jacqueline, called him by his middle name, Jarrod, and told us the happy little boy who was crowned Mr. Lester Elementary School years ago suffered a head injury in a car accident about eight years ago. That, she says, led to troubled teen years and mental illness.

Omar had been taking Depakote, a prescription drug for bipolar disorder, and Geodon, a drug for schizophrenia.

In his letter, Omar also admitted to using marijuana.

"I don't kn
ow how it's gonna be when I get 18," he wrote.

Last October, the teen was ar
rested for domestic violence against his mother. She says the incident was a symptom of his illness.

After stints in several mental health hospitals in Mississippi, and the Catholic Charities group home in Jackson, he moved in with an aunt in Jackson.

Hampton had Sophomore status at Forest Hill High School, but he hardly ever came to class. Principal Norm Chappell says he had missed 15 consecutive days.

"I wasn't able to establish a rapport with him," Chappell says. "We're just real sorry when something like this happens. We think it's a real tragic situation."

Jacqueline last saw her son Sunday, when she gave him some money. But she remembers the boy who once played sports in school and achieved high grades, and even seemed to understand his own troubles just one year ago when he ended this letter to his mother, "Thank you, love, Omar H
ampton."

Jacqueline also has another son and two daughters. She says Omar's father is not in the picture.

n
"I wasn't able to establish a rapport with him," Chappell says. "We're just real sorry when something like this happens. We think it's a real tragic situation."

It's a real tear jerker. :rotfl:

T.N.B.

Back