Authorities searching for spook in shooting of highway patrol trooper in Findlay, OH

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011

Authorities searching for suspect in shooting of highway patrol trooper in Findlay​

The shooting happened on I-75 around Wednesday night.​

Published: Oct. 7, 2021 at 12:02 AM PDT

FINDLAY, Ohio (WTVG) - An Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper was shot on I-75 in Findlay around 11:05 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the OSHP, Robert Tramaine Hathorn was pulled over for a speeding violation on I-75 near milepost 160 in Hancock County. The trooper asked Hathorn to exit his vehicle, and that’s when a struggle ensued between the suspect and the trooper, which resulted in the trooper being shot with his own service weapon. Hathorn then fled the scene.

The OSHP trooper was shot in his lower body during the struggle and transported to Blanchard Valley Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The trooper has been identified as Josef Brobst.

The suspect is still at large and considered armed and dangerous. The trooper’s service weapon has been secured by OSHP. A statewide Blue Alert has been issued by the highway patrol.

Back