The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Aspiring rapper arrested after leaving ‘machine gun’ in Uber: feds​

By
Priscilla DeGregory

September 30, 2022 4:32pm
Updated

Today's Video Headlines: 9/30/22

An aspiring rapper – who brags about guns in his music and has a prior weapons conviction – was arrested and ordered held without bail after he left a retrofitted machine gun in an Uber Thursday, prosecutors allege.
Isaiah Dukes – whose stage name is “Lil Zay Osama”– took the Uber with friends from a Manhattan hotel to a recording studio in Queens, according to Brooklyn federal prosecutors.
The Uber driver, “noticed that [Dukes] was holding a firearm,” and that after he was dropped off left the weapon in the car, prosecutors alleged in court papers seeking to have Dukes held without bail.
The driver called police to report the gun that was left behind and later helped them identify Dukes, prosecutors say.
The gun Dukes was carrying was a Glock 22.40 caliber pistol that had a “switch” device attached enabling it for rapid fire – like a machine gun, prosecutors claim.
And Dukes was “well aware” about what a switch device was since lyrics from his 2021 song say: “Ayy, I just got a brand new Glock with a fifty and a switch,” prosecutors say in the court papers.
Still image of Isaiah Dukes – or Lil Zay Osama – holding a gun in a music video on YouTube.Aspiring rapper Isaiah Dukes – whose stage name is “Lil Zay Osama” – was arrested after he allegedly left a machine gun-like firearm behind in a rideshare car Thursday.YouTube Still image of Isaiah Dukes – or Lil Zay Osama – holding a gun in a music video on YouTube.The 25-year-old Chicago born rapper has a prior weapons possession conviction.YouTube
“Every day a different Glock,” Duke’s lyrics say. “P–––y boy know how I play it, I hope this song right here don’t get in the hands of the feds.”
Dukes is also featured in music videos on YouTube flaunting guns, the court papers allege, including still frames from the videos.
The 25-year-old Chicago-born rapper has a criminal history including a prior weapons possession conviction in Illinois — and has two outstanding arrest warrants, prosecutors allege, arguing he’s both a flight risk and a danger to the community.
Still image of Isaiah Dukes – or Lil Zay Osama – holding a gun in a music video on YouTube.Prosecutors asked that he be held without bail because they say he’s a flight risk and a threat to the community.YouTube
“The crimes charged in this case are extremely serious and confirm that [Dukes] is a danger to the community,” Brooklyn Assistant US Attorney Rebecca Schuman wrote in the court papers. “For one, [Dukes] possessed a particularly deadly weapon that had been converted from a handgun capable of shooting just one bullet each time the trigger is squeezed to having the capability of firing until the trigger is lifted.”
Schuman added that even though Dukes has multiple prior arrests and a weapons possession conviction, “he has not been deterred from such conduct.”
Dukes is charged with possession of a machine gun and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted on both counts.
Brooklyn federal court Judge Ramon Reyes Jr. Friday ordered Dukes to be held without bail.

His criminal defense attorney didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

BLACK​

Rapper Arrested for Second Time Since September​

By Ashley Turner - January 12, 2023 05:16 pm EST

Rapper Lil Zay Osama was arrested in his hometown, but details remain scarce. Tom Ahern, Deputy Director of the Chicago Police Department's News Affairs and Communications, shared images of firearms seized during an investigation following his tweets announcing the arrest of the Chicago native."Illinois State Police @ChicagoIsp identified a stolen vehicle with multiple occupants who fled into a building," Ahern stated. "ISP has a person of interest in custody at this time. Firearms were recovered. Investigation continues." Additionally, Ahern said, "[Three] of 4 offenders have been taken into custody. 6 firearms were recovered. @Area3Detectives are investigating." According to a Chicago PD Scanner account, Osama was one of those detained.

"One of the offenders in custody is reportedly Chicago rapper Isaiah Dukes, better known as Lil Zay Osama," the tweet read. "He has a net worth of approx $600k. Dukes is a member of Bad Side Cali 6300 gang, a mix of Black P Stones, Gangster Disciples & Black Disciples." The post also noted, "He signed to Warner Records." Osama was arrested after reportedly leaving a firearm in an Uber in September 2022. The New York Post reported that Osama and "several associates" rode from a hotel to a recording studio in an Uber. The driver claimed Osama handled a firearm while riding in the vehicle and left "a .40 caliber Glock" behind after exiting.

BREAKING: Media Staging for SWAT call-out in the 1100 blk of N. Wells is the NW corner of Division & Wells. @ChicagoCAPS18 Further details to follow. #ChicagoPolice pic.twitter.com/jofyAYzkJJ
— Tom Ahern (@TomAhernCPD) January 10, 2023
Upon the driver calling the police and providing the names of the passengers, the authorities learned that Osama had a previous conviction for weapons, among other charges. A test showed the gun was modified to fire more than one round with a single trigger pull. There were reportedly nine rounds in the magazine, with one reported to be in the chamber. According to investigators, the firearm functioned similarly to a machine gun. The rapper was on Livestream when it occurred, and later, he called on Jay-Z and Kim Kardashian to help him with his case. In his Instagram story on Oct. 8, Osama asked for help from none other than the rap businessman. "I Need Jayz Help!!!!" he wrote. As he explained his situation in a follow-up post, he hoped more people would lend him their support.

"It's crazy I thought people would say free me hoping I do better and wish the best," he began. "Y'all really in the comments and on blogs saying 20 and 30 plus ima get and y'all hope I get time I'm dum and etc.." He continued, "Don't believe everything u hear I been out here I know how to move dont believe everything u hear #Glahhh." He compared his situation to that of other persecuted rappers. "New York aint playing fair they lien on my name they targeting all artist," he wrote. "Most of our artists is Black men so u know what this about! They tryna do us [100 emoji]." Osama then called on another celebrity for assistance. "Tag @kimkardashian I need her," he added. Kardashian supported rapper Gunna amid his criminal charges and appeared to have taken an active role in his case. In 2019, she asked then-President Trump to intervene in A$AP Rocky's Swedish arrest; in the past, she has highlighted other potential wrongful convictions.
N CHICAGO RAPPER GUNS.png
N CHICAGO RAPPER GUNS 2.png

Offender’s firearms recovered on scene. #ChicagoPolice @ChicagoIsp pic.twitter.com/Y2TEXmV80s
— Tom Ahern (@TomAhernCPD) January 11, 2023
One of the offenders in custody is reportedly Chicago rapper Isaiah Dukes, better known as Lil Zay Osama. He has a net worth of approx $600k

Dukes is a member of Bad Side Cali 6300 gang, a mix of Black P Stones, Gangster Disciples & Black Disciples.

He signed to Warner Records. https://t.co/Dxut9h57RZ
— 16th & 17th District Chicago Police Scanner (@CPD1617Scanner) January 11, 2023
0comments

Disclosure: PopCulture. is owned by Paramount

Tom Ahern CPD is reporting up to a dozen or more Chicago gun crimes daily, er, I meant CHIRAQ.

Gang List
Check out r/Chiraqology, and ChicagoGangHistory.Com for more info on the history&current status of these gangs Key 4️⃣=4 Corner Hustlers ⚔=Ambrose ⭐✊🅰️=Apache Stones 🏴‍☠️=Ashland Vikings III=Black Disciples ⭐✊=Black P Stone 🖤=Black Souls 🧡=Bishops ⭐🎩☪️=Conservative Vice Lord ♠️=Deuces Familia Stones=⭐✊🇵🇷 🔱=Gangster Disciples 🐇=Gangsta Party People 🐰=Gangster Two Six 🎩=Harrison Gents 💓=Imperial Gangsters ⭐🎩♊️=Imperial Insane Vice Lord 🐲=Insane Dragons ✈️⭐✊= Jet Black Stones 💜=KGB 🌂= Latin Brothers 🛡=Latin Counts 🐲💎=Latin Dragons 🦅=Latin Eagles 💀🎩=Latin Jivers ❤=Latin Lovers 🇲🇽 💜=Latin Souls 👑=Latin Kings ⭐✊🇲🇽=Latin Stones 🇲🇽=La Razas 🌐=Locs(LSG) ⭐🎩Ⓜ️=Mafia Insane Vice Lord 🔱💙=Maniac Latin Disciples/YLOC ⭐✊〽️=Maniac Stones ⭐🐍=Mickey Cobras 〽️ =Milwaukee Kings 👌=New Breeds 🅾️🅰️=Orchestra Albany ®️=Royals ⚜=Saints 🔱💛=Satan Disciples 💚🐍=Spanish Cobras 🇲🇽⭐🎩 =Spanish Vice Lord 💎⭐✊=Rubinite Stones ⭐✊⚓=Titanic Stones 🎩⭐✝️=Traveling Vice Lord ⭐🎩⛎=Unknown Vice Lord 🔱💙=YLOC 💚🐍=YLOD

... 862 more

Last edited:
Back