Ashfaq Khan killed his White Girlfriend

-88-

Registered

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ter/4221086.stm

_40763354_lynnsavery_pa203.jpg

Lynn Savery was found dead at her home

Ashfaq Khan charged with woman's murder
A man has been charged with the murder of a teenage mother who is believed to have been killed in front of her one-year-old daughter at their home.
The body of Lynn Savery was found by a member of her family at her home in Radcliffe, Bury, on Saturday, with her daughter, Mia, only feet away.

Ashfaq Khan, 25, from Bury, Greater Manchester, was charged with murder on Tuesday evening.

He is due to appear before Bury Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning.

A Greate
r Manch

ester Police spokeswoman said: "A post-mortem examination revealed evidence of asphyxia by a third party."

Ms Saver
y's daughter is said to be safe and well and is being cared for by her family.

Girl says she stands by love rat killer

A TEENAGER says she still loves the two-timing killer who strangled her rival.

Zoe Bradley, 19, has pledged to stand by Ashfaq Khan, father of her son Tahir, despite the fact he has admitted killing another girlfriend, Lynn Savery.

"I still love him and want to build my future with him," Miss Bradley said in the witness box at Manchester Crown Court. " I have been visiting him in prison and taking Tahir to see him. I like to think he loves me."

Miss Bradley was a prosecution witness at the trial in which Khan denies murdering 19-year-old Miss Savery before leaving her body at her home in Chelsea Avenue, Radcliffe, with their own daughter the day after the tot's first birthday
party.

Row

Khan has admitted manlaughter but the Crown alleges he strangled her duri
ng a row over him wanting to see his daughter Mia and that the killing was murder and the culmination of a catalogue of previous violence.

After the killing Khan went to Miss Bradley's home in Horridge Street, Tottington, and confessed he had "done something really, really bad".

Miss Bradley, who first became pregnant by Khan when she was at school and had a termination before giving birth to Tahir when she was 17, told the jury: "He was a bit upset.

"He said he thought he had killed Lynn. He said they were arguing over Mia, Lynn was screaming at him and he put his hand over her mouth until she stopped screaming."

The killing of young mum Lynn
Last posted: Friday 10 March 2006 08:12

A LOVE cheat who broke into his girlfriend's house and strangled her left her body beside her one-year-old daught
er, a court heard.

Ashfaq Khan attacked Lynn Savery, aged 19, following a row over access to baby Mia, Manchester Crown Court was told.

Miss Savery's body was discovered at her h
ome in Chelsea Avenue, Radcliffe, hours later by her step-father, Frank Adamson.

He climbed into the locked house through a kitchen window and saw baby Mia giggling and sitting on the floor next to her mum.

Khan, aged 26, of Cateaton Street, Bury, denied murder when he appeared at Manchester Crown Court on Thursday.

Paul Reid QC, prosecuting, told the court that Mr Adamson checked for vital signs but found nothing. He let Lynn's mother Janet Adamson into the house and she became hysterical when she saw her daughter"s body.

She called an ambulance and the paramedics attended.

"They checked Lynn as she lay on the kitchen floor but there was nothing they could do," said Mr Reid.

The court was told that Khan strangled her
in the kitchen of her home at around 8.30am on September 2 - they day after Miss Savery had held a party for local children to celebrate her daughter"s first birthday.

He used such force that her necklace was left embedded in her skin.

A jury of seven women and
five men heard that Khan, who was described as possessive and had a history of violence against Miss Savery.

Mr Reid said Khan tried to avoid the murder trial only moments before the case started by pleading guilty to manslaughter - a charge the prosecution would not accept.

Mr Reid told the jury: "Ashfaq Khan pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Lynn Savery. That was the first acknowledgment that he was her killer. That guilty plea was entered at the last possible moment before the trial was due to start.

"And it was entered only when he realised the futility of disputing before you the overwhelming evidence that he was her killer. His guilty plea didn"t arrive from a la
te show of remorse for killing his girlfriend, but the realisation that no jury would not conclude that he wasn"t the killer."

The court heard that following the incident, Khan went to the home of Zoe Bradley, another girlfriend and mother of his son, Tahir.

Mr Reid said: "He said he had done something really bad and Z
oe asked what he meant. He said "Lynn was screaming at me and I put my hand over her mouth until she stopped."

"He told Zoe he then put a cloth over Lynn"s mouth then cleaned anything he had touched. Zoe went to the toilet and was sick."

After the murder, Khan tried to cover his tracks by creating a "missed call" on his mobile phone from Miss Savery"s house. The crown allege he made this call himself. Khan then made a series of calls and texts to his victim, which he knew would not be answered.

In one he wrote: "Why you not answering? Love you more than anyone. I love you loads
and loads."

A post-mortem examination found bruises around Miss Savery's neck, skull and on her chest, which Mr Reid said could have been caused by Khan kneeling on her.

Miss Savery"s sister Zoe, aged 28 and Rachel Connor, who worked with Miss Savery at Bury law firm Graham, Leigh and Pfeffer, both told the court that Khan had previously attempted to strangle Miss Savery when she was five months pregnant and had
once ripped an earring from her ear. He had also threatened to burn her face with an iron.

temp link

Tearful killer: I'm so sorry

Last posted: Thursday 16 March 2006 17:41

THE killer of teenage mum Lynn Savery broke down in the dock and apologised to her family for strangling her.

Ashfaq Khan, aged 26, sobbed as he told his victim's family at Manchester Crown Court: "I am sorry for what happened. I am sorry for the family. I never meant to kill her, I never meant to hurt her, it was an accident."

Khan, of Cateaton Street, Bury, admits breaking into the house of his child's mother in September, 2005, and killing her -- but he denies murder.

His girlfriend's body was found in her kitchen in Chelsea Avenue, Radcliffe, by her stepfather Frank Adamson, who discovered the couple's daughter Mia sitting next to her.

Prosecuting, Paul Reid QC said Khan -- who was two-timing Lynn -- could have placed Mia next to
her dead mother in a bid to avoid him being blamed for the killing.

He said: "Did you pl
ay with Mia while her mother was dead in the kitchen? Did you put her in the kitchen? Because surely no father could possibly leave his daughter where her mother had been killed.

"So, by doing that, it would seem that someone else must have been responsible."

The jury of five men and seven women heard that on the morning of the legal assistant's death she had repeatedly sent text messages to Khan in an effort to stop him coming to her house.

On the previous day, Thursday, September 1, Lynn had held a first birthday party for Mia. But Khan had been banned because Lynn's family, who disliked him, were attending.

Mr Reid said Khan, who was described as a violent control freak, had deleted the messages from his own and Lynn's phones in a bid to destroy evidence that she did not want him near her.

He told Khan: "Still stored
in your phone were 24 texts from Lynn, but you deleted five others to cover the fact that Lynn didn't want you there.

"You were being clever, weren't you? You did
n't know the police would be able to see deleted messages."

Proceeding

temp link
http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashi...news/NEWS5.html

_41452758_ashfaq203.jpg

Lynn Savery, pictured with Mia at
her first birthday party</span>

Abusive boyfriend murdered woman

A 26-year-old man who killed his girlfriend just hours after their daughter's first birthday party has been jailed for life <span style="color:#FF0000">(n
o 17 years)

Lynn Savery, 19, was found dead in her home in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester, last year. She had been strangled.

Ashfaq Khan, of New Cateaton Street, Bury, had pleaded not guilty to murder but was convicted by a jury at Manchester Crown Court on Friday.

The judge said he would serve a minimum of 17 years in prison.

Ms Savery's body was discovered by her mother and stepfather on 2 September 2005. Her one-year-old daughter Mia was found close by but was unhar
med.

During his trial, the court heard that Khan had both physically and sexually abused Ms Savery during their three-year relationship.

Speaking after the hearing, Det Ch Insp Pete Jackson said: "Lynn's sudden and violent death has left her family, friends and work colleagues devastated. Her daughter Mia will grow up never knowing her mother.

"Unfortunately Lynn became involved in a relationship wi
th a very violent man and despite his violence towards her she continued in the relationship in the hope that things would get better.

"I know that Lynn's family want her death to send out a clear message to all other women who may be suffering domestic violence - do not suffer in silence, seek help and take action."

In a statement, her father Keith Savery described Lynn as a beautiful person who saw the good points in everyone.

He said: "In a way it was this strength of her belief in others that eventually cost her her life.

"The evil and cruel way in which Lynn has been taken from t
hose that loved her so much, words will never express and we cannot find it in our hearts to forgive."

khan7gm.jpg

VIOLENT: Khan

Love cheat strangler given 17 years

A LOVE rat who murdered his teenage girlfriend and then callously left her body at the side of their one-year-old baby has been jailed for life.

Ashfaq Khan strangled 19-year-old Lynn Savery when she refused to let him see their daughter after she found out he was two-timing her with another girl.

Khan then calmly deleted mobile phone messages from Lynn, telling him to leave her alone, and tipped out her bag to make the killing look like a botched burglary, before climbing through the kitchen window of her Radcliffe home and leaving baby Mia by the body.

Mia, who had her first birth
day the day before the killing, sat alongside her dead mum for several hours until she was found by chance, w
hen Lynn's mother Janet and step-dad Frank Adamson broke into the house, when they noticed the curtains were still closed.

Bullying

Fortunately Mia, who was smiling and giggling, was unhurt following the murder which was the culmination of a violent and bullying relationship during which Khan raped, battered, kicked and throttled Lynn.

Her family sat through the trial at Manchester Crown Court as the catalogue of violence during their three-year long relationship was revealed.

He once ripped out her ear-rings spattering the living room wall with blood. He raped her when she refused to have sex and tried to strangle her at her home in Chelsea Avenue, Radcliffe.

Khan also held a hot iron close to her face, kicked her in the stomach when she was eight months pregnant and she believed he could "easily kill her" before fleeing to Pakistan.

He was also two-timing her with another girl who had a son by him. Lynn, who worked for a firm of solicitors in Bury, found out he was at his other lover'
s home shortly after Mia's birthday party and refused to see him.

Strangled

Khan then went to her home, clambered through the kitchen window and strangled her.

He was convicted of murder and jailed for life by Mrs Justice Swift who described Khan as a "controlling personality who happily used violence and threats to impose his will on Lynn."

The judge, who said Khan must serve at least 17 years, added: "She was very vulnerable. There was nothing she could do to prevent him coming into the house or defend herself being attacked.

"I find after the killing he showed considerable cunning in an effort to cover his tracks and divert suspicion from himself. He is a highly manipulative and devious individual who, after he killed, showed no remorse or any concern for his
baby daughter who he left alone in the house and was only intent on saving his own skin."

Afterwards Det Chief Insp Peter Jackson described Khan as "a very violent man" who had left Lynn's family and friends devastated by the mur
der.

"Her daughter Mia will now grow up never knowing her mother. I would like to extend my sincere sympathies to Lynn's family and hope the verdict will give them some kind of closure and allow them to start to move on with their lives.

"I know Lynn's family want her death to send out a clear message to all other women who may be suffering domestic violence. Do not suffer in silence, seek help and take action."

Back