A tale of extreme negritude

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Suspect got $2,000 to set up slaying, Putnam sheriff says

It may have cost only $2,000 to lure Teberus Mandill Braxton to his death.

At a Wednesday hearing, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Randy Rashod Green Jr. told him he was paid $2,000 to help set up Braxton's slaying. Braxton was found Jan. 21 shot twice in the head near U.S. 441.

"He says very emphatically that he did not kill him. But he does say very emphatically that he set him up to be killed, and was paid to do that," Sills said.

Green has been charged with murder in the slaying, along with 31-year-old Michael Carlos Thompson, who was paralyzed from the waist down in 1998 after a shootout with Braxton. Because of his disability, Sills said, Thompson had
n"for lack of a better term, an open contract on Mr. Braxton.
"

Green told investigators that he told Braxton they would burglarize a race track office in Putnam County the night he was shot, Sills said.

Sills said Green was polite during questioning, and that his girlfriend told investigators that Green had admitted to shooting Braxton.

"He told her he had killed Braxton and had done so in exchange for money," Sills said.

Green's lawyer could not be reached for comment.

After the hearing, which determined there was probable cause for Green's charges, Green's parents said they didn't believe their son was a part of the shooting.

"I think he was hanging out with a group of people that were a lot older than him, and they set him up for something he didn't do," said his mother, Sandra Green.

[color=re
d
]She said her son had worked as a car detailer, although Sills said that Green admitted to selling drugs.[/color]

Sandra Green said her son would have admitted to being
a part of Braxton's killing only under pressure.

Randy Green Sr. said "I think there's a lot of lying going on." He said he didn't think his son killed anybody, but he wouldn't elaborate on who was lying.

Randy Green Jr. went to Baldwin County High School but didn't graduate, his mother said. Green's parents said he has been living on his own for a year.

He has several pending charges in Bibb County including felony obstruction of a peace officer and theft by receiving a motor vehicle.

Randy Green Sr., a youth minister at Mount Sinai Baptist church in Macon, said "I did the best I can with my son, with all my children. ... I do that for all children.&quo
t;</s
pan>

Sills said several people in Fort Hill neighborhood in Macon have told investigators that Thompson had talked for years about seeking revenge against Braxton.

Thompson's lawyer Althea Buafo said she would not comment on the case.

Thompson, Green and Braxton all knew each other from the Fort
Hill neighborhood, Sills said.

Thompson also faces charges in a dogfighting case in Newton County that led to the arrest of 134 people in 2004. His case is still pending and he was charged with commercial gambling, dogfighting and cruelty to animals.

Bibb County deputies arrested Thompson on Feb. 2 after deputies found $25,900 worth of powdered cocaine, $6,150 in cash and five guns inside his Bristol Park apartment at 105 Bass Plantation Drive, according to a sheriff's office news release.

<span style='color:red'>Randy Green Sr. said "I think there's a lot of lying going on." He said he didn't think his son killed anybody, but he wouldn't elaborate on who was lying.

Every nigger in this story is lying!

T.N.B.

Randy Green Sr. said "I think there's a lot of lying going on." He said he didn't think his son killed anybody, but he wouldn't elaborate on who was lying.

Every nigger in this story is lying!

T.N.B.

Finally, a nigger tells the truth!!!!!!
Gman

Back