72-year-old granny ‘absolutely furious’ after teenager groped her in Long Island Target: report

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

72-year-old granny ‘absolutely furious’ after teenager groped her in Long Island Target: report​

By
Social Links for Steven Vago

Published Feb. 8, 2024, 2:38 p.m. ET

A 72-year-old grandma was groped by a teen in a Long Island Target — and she’s “absolutely furious” about the alleged attack.

The woman was shopping for her grandson’s birthday gift inside the Commack chain on Nov. 21 when Michael Harrison, 19, allegedly forcibly grabbed her in a sexual manner, according to the victim and Suffolk County police.

The shopper, who spoke to News 12 Long Island, said the perv brushed up against her twice before going back to touch her.

“I just said, ‘No, no, no please,”’ she told the station, adding that she’s “absolutely furious” about the attack happening inside the store.

“That’s what really angers me, that how I can go into a public place like this and get molested,” said the septuagenarian, who did not give her name.

Police arrested Harrison inside his Huntington Station home on Saturday and charged him with forcible touching.

Michael Harrison, 19, was arrested for allegedly groping a 72-year-old woman in a Long Island Target. 3
Michael Harrison, 19, was arrested for allegedly groping a 72-year-old woman in a Long Island Target. Suffolk County PD
Harrison allegedly molested the woman while she was shopping for a birthday gift for her grandson in the Commack store. 3
Harrison allegedly molested the woman while she was shopping for a birthday gift for her grandson in the Commack store. News 12 Long Island
The woman said in an interview that she is absolutely furious about the attack happening in a public store. 3
The woman said in an interview that she is “absolutely furious” about the attack happening in a public store. News 12 Long Island
He was given a desk appearance ticket and is set to be arraigned in Central Islip on a future date.

Authorities are asking anyone who believes they were a victim of Harrison to come forward to cops.

Back