‘Incel’ busted for bomb threat, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ at NYC restaurant

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://nypost.com/2021/04/14/incel-malik-sanchez-busted-for-bomb-threat-at-nyc-restaurant/

‘Incel’ busted for bomb threat, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ at NYC restaurant
By Ben Feuerherd
April 14, 2021 | 1:20pm | Updated

malik-sanchez-48.jpg

Malik Sanchez climbing the Ed Koch Bridge in October. YouTube

An unhinged internet personality who identifies as an involuntary celibate — or “incel” — was charged by federal authorities Wednesday for allegedly threatening to detonate a bomb while yelling “Allahu Akbar” at two women eating at a Manhattan restaurant.

Malik Sanchez, who goes by the pseudonym “Smooth Sanchez” online, was busted Wednesday for the bizarre threat he allegedly carried out while live-streaming on YouTube in February, feds charged in a criminal complaint filed in Manhattan federal court.

During the stream, Sanchez allegedly walked up to the outdoor-seating area of a Flatiron District restaurant where two women were eating and said he was going to, “enhance their meal.”

“Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. Bomb detonation in two, in two minutes. I take you with me and I kill all you. I kill all you right now. And I kill all you for Allah,” Sanchez seethed at the women, according to court docs.

“I’m gonna f—king do it for Allah,” he added.

In a charging document, an FBI agent wrote that he reviewed a number of videos that showed Sanchez accosting other women on Manhattan streets, including one in which he praises Elliot Rodger, a self-proclaimed incel who killed several people in California in 2014.

“F—k you, you b—ch. It’s cause of you, it’s cause of you that I’m a virgin — I have incel rage. You know what? Elliot Rodgers was good. Elliot Rodgers was a good guy,” he said in the video, according to the complaint.

“I swear to God … They deserved to be run over and hit by a truck. They deserved to be slaughtered,” he added, speaking about Rodger’s victims.

In another video, he turned to a group of people on a stoop and said, “I pull out Glocks, baby,” while invoking Rodger’s name.

Sanchez had been arrested a number of times for his YouTube stunts in recent months, including for climbing the Queensboro Bridge and for allegedly spraying mace at several people while livestreaming the assaults, Assistant US Attorney Kaylan Lasky said at his presentment Wednesday.

While arguing for him to be held without bail, Lasky said his conduct had been escalating in recent weeks, noting that police allegedly found five magazines that could fit a Glock pistol when he was arrested Wednesday.

She added that one of the women at the Flatiron restaurant was “paralyzed” by fear when he made the bomb threat.

His court-appointed attorney argued that Sanchez is just 19 years old and actually knew some of the people who he accosted in his videos.

But Judge Ona Wang ordered him held without bail, pending his trial in Manhattan federal court.

The New York FBI praised his arrest Wednesday.

“Anyone who intends to carry out a similar hoax should know that the FBI’s JTTF is ready and willing to respond,” FBI Assistant Director William F. Sweeney Jr. said in a statement.

Back